Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Avonds F16 Landing Gear >

Avonds F16 Landing Gear

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Avonds F16 Landing Gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 09:24 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 135 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Avonds F16 Landing Gear

Help me guys.

I'm seriously considering getting an Avonds F-16 for my next jet, but I can't decided between the standard landing gear, or the scale gear.

I don't fly competition, and just want an everyday model, however I'm a little concerned over using piano wire for the landing gear as I've bad experiences with it bending on anything other than the perfect landing. After straightening it out a few times it becomes so soft that even a perfect landing then causes it to bend and ou spend all your time fixing it.

How are you guys getting on with the standard landing gear. Any problems with it?

Likewise, how resiliant is the scale gear. Any problems with it either?

I really like the look of the scale gear, but I can't seem to bring myself to spend $1500 on it, no matter how good it is. The standard gear all in is about $925 when you include all the extras like wheels and brakes etc which are included in the scale gear kit. If I was to upgrade it later to the scale gear, the overall cost would be about $350 more than just getting the scale gear from the beginning.

I know, call me cheap!

Thanks

Paul
Old 05-21-2004, 10:18 AM
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Avonds F16 Landing Gear

Right now he is offering 2 combo deals on his F-16, both of which includes the scale gear. I figured it up yesterday and you'll save about 261.32 off of his regular price list.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:23 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 135 Likes on 79 Posts

That's one of the deciding factors. Or is it confusing factors? I just don't know.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:28 AM
My Feedback: (45)

Well I am building my first jet kit now and I have found it so difficult not to keep doing scale stuff....I am about to quit and put on decals and clear it and get it ready to fly. The flip side...if you were to bend up a gear, the music wire one would be so much cheaper to replace!
Old 05-21-2004, 08:28 PM

I have now 10 flights on my Avonds F-16 with three very hard landings with the standard non scale landing gear, no problem at all, very strong system.

Regards,
Richard Mattenberger