Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hot Spot Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hot Spot Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 10:16 AM
n.carrozza
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Spot Help

Can anyone help me? I got a new hot spot and not the original plans, only the unofficial guide for building the hot spot. I have questions about the placement of the formers included in the kit; I have no idea were the small one goes. Also the ribbed wooden dowels are they to strengthen the wing spar. If anyone has the plans and could email them to me I would be very appreciative.

Nick
[email protected]
Old 07-04-2002, 12:01 PM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hot Spot Help

Nick,
Not sure about the "small formers" you are referring to but I'll guess they are the fuel tank cradle/floor supports. The large rectangular plywood sheet sits on top. This complete assy is forward of the aft bulkhead. It basically sits below the speed brake area.

The ribbed dowels are indeed to strengthen the aluminum spar tube and are inserted deep enough into the spar tube to overlap into the fuselage and wing. Use epoxy.

Anything else, let us know...
Old 07-04-2002, 01:41 PM
aparchment

Default me too, me too

Nick:

I also didn't receive the official instructions, only the unofficial guide to building.

I would also like to get a copy of the original instructions to see if they contain anything else I ought to know.

Antony
Old 07-04-2002, 02:28 PM
n.carrozza

Default Hot Spot Help

Antony

If I get a copy of the plans I will be sure to let you know. No luck yet. Does anyone know if one of the formers butt against the front retract formers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick
Old 07-04-2002, 02:39 PM
n.carrozza

Default Hot Spot Help

Antony

If I get a copy of the plans I will be sure to let you know. No luck yet. Does anyone know if one of the formers butt against the front retract formers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick
Old 07-04-2002, 02:51 PM
aparchment

Default Thx

Thanks Nick. I appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you since I am not at that stage of construction yet.

Antony
Old 07-04-2002, 04:13 PM
jettset99
My Feedback: (7)

Default New hotspot

Hi just finnishing mine and went threw the same problem, the 2 long formers are for the fuel tank cradel,one has a round cut out for the 2.0L pepsi tank and the square one is for a square tank. The square former with all the holes is for ecu board and the other one is for ? the oval half weird looking thing seems to do with the tank and the dowls go in the main tube and should be placed were they will sit right between the fuse and wing area for reinforcement..
Old 07-04-2002, 06:19 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Default Hot Spot Help

heres mine

jason
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	16617_1442.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	10664