Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Eurosport Speedbrake

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Eurosport Speedbrake

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 06:53 PM
kamy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eurosport Speedbrake

hi Everybody

Finally I got my ES and my bigest or most important question is,does the speedbrake really work efficiently or just giving more stability during Landing ? I want to build my ES really light , and i want to have only things that also work.I saw that all you guys have a got lot of experience with ES and you can give me nice tips.when i will do it, how should i go for it? should i cut first ? or should i do first something for stability in the area of speedbrakes position bevor i cut ?

would be really happy abaut few tips or pictures

Reagards from Switzerland

Kamy
Old 05-30-2004, 08:39 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Eurosport Speedbrake

I don't have the speedbrake on mine. I'm powered with a P160 and have nearly unlimited vertical on takeoff with full load of fuel. About a minute into the flight I have unlimited accelerated vertical. I've landed and stopped mine in 4 feet. Typical landing is less than 100 feet. I've flown my euro backwards in a strong enough headwind. The speedbrake is not necessary, it's just cool oohh awww factor.

Good Luck,

Sean
Old 05-31-2004, 12:35 AM
CFII1974
My Feedback: (5)

Like Sean said it is not necessary at all. It can help with some high AOA and if you ever need to drop alt on landing it is good for that as well.
It you decided to do it, before you cut you will want to reinforce the entire area with carbon fiber. You will also need to build a box around the cut to keep the spine of the plane rigid. Todd has some good info on his web site on all the mods, including the speed brake.
[link=http://www.lov2flyrc.com]www.lov2flyrc.com[/link]
Here are a few of mine as well
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87779.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	137977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt63240.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	137978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78638.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	137979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey71065.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	137980  
Old 05-31-2004, 02:38 AM
Heer

Hallo Kamy

nimm Kontakt auf mit mir, habe grosse Erfahrung mit ES-EF, da schon 5 Stk. davon gebaut.
Gruss Fritz
http://www.jetmodel.ch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51279.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	137982  
Old 05-31-2004, 06:18 AM
kamy

Thanks guys for your Tips . i hope i can show you as soon as possible few picture of mine .it will have a p160 on board.....in our club 4 people are in charge of building the kit . it will be a really cool patroille of ES

reagards kamy
Old 05-31-2004, 07:07 AM
SA Jet Jock

I fitted an air brake to my ES using Todd's excellent design and drawings (thanks again). I find that the AB is really good at killing lift, in fact too good. It almost caught me out when I popped the AB for the first time on approach, I suddenly had an ES sinking at a rapid rate towrds the runway. That all means that if you pop the AB on your down wind leg and power up you can come in at a nice high AOA with a high power setting in case of go around. Probably not necessary on the ES but fun to have and use. I'd do it again!

Rgds

Ross
Old 05-31-2004, 01:33 PM
kamy

thanks Ross

What do you guys mean ? how many oz will i have more when i do it ? Will it be more than 14oz ? ( just the reinforce the entire area with carbon fiber & ..build a box around ).......for us is a challenge to make the ES with p160 and stay under 33lb inkl. 4 liter of kerosin
Old 05-31-2004, 01:43 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Kamy, that's my point. In order to have unlimited vertical at takeoff with a 160 every ounce counts as the airplane can built at the specs you call out, you just have to be careful every step of the way. The reason mine won't do it is I have larger fuel cells and a smoke system. I can go vertical on takeoff, but I lose vertical at about 400 feet. A minute into the flight I can go extreme high alpha at 1/2 throttle, and then pull vertical from essentially flying backward in a good headwind. I love it!
Old 05-31-2004, 07:24 PM
kamy

thanks sean for your input`s

Can we not make a pool of Video from ES.

I sow 2 video of lov2flyrc . Fantastik ............. It will be nice to have videos from around the world .

come on everybody let`make a pool of video