Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM Agressor III question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM Agressor III question

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 04:57 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default BVM Agressor III question

RCU jet people:

How do you rig the nose wheel door mechanism? I guess any general idea would work.

Is it a wire/string bent 90 deg and then attached to the retract servo? Is it a rubber band tied to the strut?

Help!
Old 06-01-2004, 10:18 PM
rcalbuquerque
My Feedback: (171)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BVM Agressor III question

I just finished a total rebuild on a Ultra Viper which is very simular to Agressor III infact instructions and photo's did show Agressor rigging...anyway I used as per instructions one air strut controlled by jettronics air valve on its own channel.When gear is down air pressure opens door .when the gear is up in order not to jam gear and door there must be a delay of a few seconds so air to door closed position is controlled by jettronics valve
Old 06-02-2004, 09:34 AM
FalconWings

Thanks. My Agressor is not set up for door cylinders thuogh. I agree the right way to go would be an air cylinder for the door. I went to the Hobby Shop last night and I will cpy the same setup as the Yellow Starfire they had there, just a cbale from side to side so that the strut trips on it and closes the door.

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE![8D]
Old 06-02-2004, 11:42 AM
rcalbuquerque
My Feedback: (171)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The door install was a pain and very labor intense ....my only consern with cables is will they hold at 180mph. If I was to do it all over or if I have any problems with the door I'm going to just mount the door with screews and cut out for the gear clearance and forget about it .thats the way my old viper was....trouble free and light but not as cool....Lou
Old 06-02-2004, 12:04 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have mounted doors that close with every form of wire wisker, cable, rubber band, lever, etc known to man.

I now only mount an air cylinder, no matter how simple the install.

for what its worth.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:29 PM
FalconWings

I think as long as the wire tightens the door enough it should hold at 180mph. If it doesn't then it is not a safety issue anyway, just a loosened door banging all over. Or better jet = extra air brake

Matt, if it was a new airplane I would go for the air cylinder. But since this is a rebuild experiment, Im not feeling up to the extra effort.

Airplane is looking good though. Primed it last night, while under a Tornado Warning (there was nothing to do but hang out at the garage anyway).