Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetCat P200 continued ....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetCat P200 continued ....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 09:20 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default JetCat P200 continued ....

I know the original thread got closed, ( i guess its more RCU communism going on as well as a blatant restriction on free speach, and the sharing of ideas ...) From what i saw, only facts were stated, and no one bashed or went off on anyone else ... I think we should ban consumer reports magazine too, because not everyone there gets 5 red stars

anyway, the reason i bring this up is because I had expressed my concern over JetCats availability of the large engines, and that i was thinking of bailing on my orders for 2 P200s to another manufacturer .... I want to post an update ..

I spoke to Bob Wilcox today, and though testerday he though it would be a "long time" that a P200 would be shipped out, now many p200 have shipped to the states over from Germany. Bob gave mis absolute word that i should have an engine in no more than a month, and that this would be a 100% good engine which has been tested, checked, etc ..... I am glad to report that today i had not canceled my order for the 2 P200s ! ( I am expecting the 1 to ship within the month, and the other i can wait for 5 - 6 months, so no big deal waiting for that one)

Wojtek
Old 06-02-2004, 09:46 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JetCat P200 continued ....

ORIGINAL: wojtek

I know the original thread got closed, It was mistakenly removed during an attempt to lock it from further posting as it has served its purpose.

anyway, the reason i bring this up is because I had expressed my concern over JetCats availability of the large engines, and that i was thinking of bailing on my orders for 2 P200s to another manufacturer .... I want to post an update ..

I spoke to Bob Wilcox today, and though testerday he though it would be a "long time" that a P200 would be shipped out, now many p200 have shipped to the states over from Germany. Bob gave mis absolute word that i should have an engine in no more than a month, and that this would be a 100% good engine which has been tested, checked, etc ..... I am glad to report that today i had not canceled my order for the 2 P200s ! ( I am expecting the 1 to ship within the month, and the other i can wait for 5 - 6 months, so no big deal waiting for that one)

Wojtek
T,FTFY
Old 06-02-2004, 09:58 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the original thread got closed, ( i guess its more RCU communism going on as well as a blatant restriction on free speach, and the sharing of ideas ...) From what i saw, only facts were stated, and no one bashed or went off on anyone else ... I think we should ban consumer reports magazine too, because not everyone there gets 5 red stars

Wojtek
It is your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I strongly disagree with you.

We just spent the last hour trying to track down what happened to the thread. We found the mistake, corrected it and now you are giving us the blues. That goes to prove that you can never please everybody.

BTW, we have few moderators’ openings available. Would you like to volunteer your time?

Regards

Ben
Old 06-02-2004, 10:07 PM
ghost_rider

FWIW, this is a direct quotation from you in the original thread post #18 at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Jetc...1859041/tm.htm

It proves that you are now making much ado over nothing.

I hear what you are saying David, and i have thought of trying the KC with a P120, but i know i will want more power , especialy for the verticals, and i will admit, i like to fly hard and fast ... now that i have though about it more, the at400 seems like the best currently available option for the KingCat (for more than 27 lbs of thrust) ... not too heavy, plenty of thrust, and lightning fast response ..., then again, i just might try one of the 120s in it first, .. i told myself i will make my decision by end of tomorrow ... as for the p160 which i wanted originally, well ... sounds like we won't be seeing any of those released back again any time soon .. ( word is JetCat is re-engineering the whole engine) anyway, i dont want to keep hijacking ths thread ..... i had actually opened another one on high thrust engines before this one even came up, so i will continue on in there ....

Wojtek
Old 06-02-2004, 10:15 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Ben,
It sounds like we are attacking, but it does seem like we are being over moderated at times.
Loosen the grip a little. That thread would of been dead in a few days anyway. Instead it turns into this controversial event that distorts the image and intent. Just creates even more drama and ruffles everyones feathers. Not everyone will be pleased, trust me I know, Im in retail. People are going to ***** either way.
I love to come here, but enjoy it when its not so political.
Scott
Old 06-02-2004, 10:27 PM
wojtek

I did start another thread, but it is this one that i did address issues pertaining to my order ont he P200s. Innitially anticipated delays in shipping were potentially influenced by a bathc of bad engines, which this thread was about .... sooooooo technically i just wanted to follow up on the topic, and state how glad I was that JetCat was coming through .... , especially Bob Wilcox

hey, its not like im complaining about _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ being partly resposible for ripping me off for $8 again (anyone care to play "hang man " ???? ) ..

as for locking threads, as long no non-factual crap is thrown around, there is no need for it ... I know the founders of RCU themselves agree with that and even they think some of the moderators go overboard .... I think closing threads like this takes away from modeling comunity, it is not up to the mderators to determine if certain topics are taboo subjets that should not be toutched or continued...

Wojtek
Old 06-02-2004, 10:30 PM
wojtek

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Why_...1867918/tm.htm

oh man !!! looks like i missed all the fun i should start reading throu all the threads from now on and not just skim them

Wojtek
Old 06-02-2004, 10:42 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

My comments weren't even as much directed towards the P-200 thread as they were towards two other threads that were zapped on what seemed like a whim. A thread on positng pictures gets stomped and another one on motorcycles is still going, what the hell has a motorcycle got to do with jets anyway? Every one of the topics that got stepped on today would have burned themselves out within the next 24 hours yet we have to have a drama over them because of an overzealous use of the delete/lock button.

Can we get back to cutting each others throats now?
Old 06-02-2004, 10:48 PM
ghost_rider

I know the founders of RCU themselves agree with that and even they think some of the moderators go overboard .... I think closing threads like this takes away from modeling comunity, it is not up to the mderators to determine if certain topics are taboo subjets that should not be toutched or continued...

Wojtek
Just for the records, the thread was not removed by any of the Jet Moderators. A non-Jet moderator inadvertently removed it after receiving a request from another member to close or lock the thread.

When we realized the mistake (despite all the false accusations from some members that the moderators were in cahoots (sp) with Jetcat to squelch or hide information from the public), we immediately fixed the mistake.

Also for the records, the original post was started on 5/30/2004 at 7:36:52 PM and the last post was made on 6/2/2004 at 11:03:04 AM. Actually, more than 50% of the posts in that thread were 100% out of phase from the original thread content.

Again, if any one of you feels that you could perform this thankless job better than we are doing, pleas do not hesitate to ask the RCADMIN to sign you up.

Regards

Ben
Old 06-02-2004, 10:56 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: DavidR

A thread on positng pictures gets stomped and another one on motorcycles is still going, what the hell has a motorcycle got to do with jets anyway?

Well, normally nothing, but I asked if anyone had ever built a small trailer to tow behind a bike for a single jet, nobody has said anything, but I was dead serious. So a motorcycle has nothing to do with jets, but my question about a jet trailer for it was legit, sorry about that.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:26 PM
DavidR

Jeremy,

Don't get me wrong I thought the bike was cool, and I did catch the part about the trailer for hauling jets. It was just an illustration of the latitude given in some directions but lack thereof in others.

This is so entertaining......you guys have made my day!
Old 06-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Man o Man if it wasn't for the New Year’s resolution, or else I would not be able to fly any plane at a jet rally without having to watch my back. Suffice it to say it MIGHT not have been the first or Last one (and no proof there, I am just guessing there). Matt, not saying you or Bob did anything to get it removed, its done most of the time by the Die hard clones, and you know that. Just like I am sure you know I can be more of a real ***** if I wanted to and blast all kinds of stuff, but would that do anyone any good? David Hope your Cat is O.K., Let's get back to burning some fuel

Turbulence
Old 06-03-2004, 05:46 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ralph you have WAY too much conspiracy theory running around in your head. The moderators have stated the thread was removed by mistake and you're still blaming someone on the grassy noll.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:16 AM
DavidR

Ralph,

The cat is fine it had very superficial damage. The whole reason the engine was on the KC anyway is I always run a new engine on an airplane like the BC or KC so that I have a great glide ratio should something happen. I have been down that road too many times with damn near every engine that I have run. I think it is worth noting that while I have had problems with my Jetcats I run the snot out of them as well, I had 230 flights on my first P-160 before I ever had a problem. BTW go ahead and blast.....it's kind of like taking a dump....it's a cleansing sort of thing!
Old 06-03-2004, 08:17 AM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: DavidR

it's kind of like taking a dump....it's a cleansing sort of thing!
Absolutely the best description of Internet Forums I've heard in a while.......

Tom
Old 06-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

LOL You guys kill me!!

I enjoy the laughs far more than the informative posts[ Sad how politics trickle their ugly face into every corner of our live's isnt it? And people wonder why I dont vote or could care less about politics in any way or fashion.Our govt. has become so friggen twisted & crooked it is mind boggling.You might be wondering where the heck that came from & where it fits in here-just had to mention it!!RCU lends a similar comparison sometimes -politics on the internet folks!! It affects your every move nowadays the minute ya sign on.Free speech??? no such thing anymore,those days are gone unfortantly. But I still love RCU regardless of it's splendor sometimes

Steve
Old 06-03-2004, 09:30 AM
wojtek

hey at least you don't live in NJ !!! the government here banned "ladies night" at bars and clubs, because its "discriminatory" *** !!!!! ahhhhh comunistic equality under a thin veil of democracy !!!

Wojtek
Old 06-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe Doug, I slowed that down last year, right now I might just have more info than you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turbulence

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

Ralph you have WAY too much conspiracy theory running around in your head. The moderators have stated the thread was removed by mistake and you're still blaming someone on the grassy noll.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:23 AM
CFII1974
My Feedback: (5)

Next thing you know jet flys will be band because they don't allow prop planes. Kind of like girls in the Boy Scouts... Just a little too much for me.

IMO - Dave
Old 06-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Terry Holston

ROFLMAO!!!!!![:-]
Old 06-04-2004, 01:06 AM
wojtek

Kind of like girls in the Boy Scouts...
have the boyscouts instituted the "dont ask ont tell" policy yet also ??

Wojtek
Old 06-04-2004, 07:15 AM
DavidR

When I was a Boy Stout we GLADLY welcomed the girls.......the words "come here little girl" come to mind!
Old 06-04-2004, 07:17 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And remember, it's not really paranoia if they ARE out to get you!!!
Tommy
Old 06-04-2004, 07:26 AM
wojtek

.......the words "come here little girl" come to mind!

hey, as long as its not the scoutmasters words that come to mind: "come here little boy, let me show you something"

Wojtek
Old 06-04-2004, 07:27 AM
DavidR

OH OH......we have drifted off topic again......look out for the post police!