Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kangaroo CG question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kangaroo CG question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Planecrazy232
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kangaroo CG question

The Kangaroo manual calls for 95-100mm in front of the wing tube with no fuel. Then before flight, you fill your 2 liter coke bottle full of fuel which is all in front of the CG, making it extremely nose-heavy! So if that is the case, how critical is the CG then? Obviously, if you run out of fuel, you do not want a tail heavy condition, so how critical is a slightly nose-heavy CG without fuel, say 1/2" ahead of the recommended 100mm??

Thanks!
Anthony
Old 06-03-2004, 01:03 PM
thunderjet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kangaroo CG question

I have a Rookie same wing and cg placement.. In my oppinion the more tail heavy the plane is the beter it flyes...... If it is too nose heavy it can be a problem on high speed taxi.... It will veer left and right you will then over control it and it will end up upside down. Sucking dirt.. (i've done it)

The way I check all roos that I test fly. Is to when empty on the gear. Lift up on the nose if it fals to the back after lifting up between 1.75 to 2.5 inches then its ok to fly... When full it should not stay back when doing the same test...

The plane is more cg critical for taxi than flight.

When landing I can hold the elevater up on touch down and without useing wheel brakes I can stop it with out the nose gear touching. To get the nose down I ad throt and tap brakes and the nose will come down...

I have seen many roos crash on take off because too forward a cg placement..

Start as the plans state and then adjust to your liking.

My touch down speed is about the same as a prop sport plane..

By all means dont be afraid of it. Its a real honest flying plane with a wide cg range..

If upon landing it bounces try not to let it bounce twice. Power up and go around.. The thing will beat itself to peaces if you let it..

Fly it to about 2 or 3 feet off ground and keep feeding up in as it slows. You should run out of up just as it touches... If you land it too fast it will usualy will bounce.....

Thunderjet
Old 06-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Kangaroo CG question

the manual calls for 100mm or almost 4" in front of the leading edge of the wing tube.
it will fly at 5 or more inches ahead of the CG but not a wel

the closer to the CG the less reflex needed and the ailron input gets more responsive