Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Where are all of the West coast rallies!?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Where are all of the West coast rallies!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 04:10 AM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are all of the West coast rallies!?

Every time I log on to RCU I see a roll call for another East coast rally. Is it just me or are we really slacking over here in the West? Lets get some rallies going over here!
Old 06-05-2004, 02:28 PM
MLaCoste
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Where are all of the West coast rallies!?

Well, we had a great one up here in Sacramento (Roseville/Lincoln) a month ago that you missed......

Trying to nail down the dates for Fresno, but I haven't gotten back any responses yet...[] I'd love to come down a spend a couple of days..

Anyway, I do agree that we need some more west coast rallies throughout the year.....

Regards,
Mark
Old 06-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Molar mender

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KFalcon

You might want to define what you mean by West Coast. Do you mean the entire West Coast or just West Coast of Calif.

I did go to the Gold Coast Jet meet in Sacramento in April. I could only stay one day but had a great time. That meet should continue to grow.

I can give you a rundown of all the jet meets I have been going to for the last ten years on the Pacific Coast.

The last weekend in May is usually the Madras, Oregon jet meet but because the jet guys haven't really been supporting it in the last few years it is now the Madras Jet/Scale meet. This year there were only two turbines, 3 ducted fans and the rest were Scale guys. It was a great weekend as I didn't have to compete for any start-up slots. Just fuel and go.

The second weekend in July has typically been the Lliac City Jet meet in Spokane, Washington but has since been discontinued due to the close proximity with the Deer Park Aviation Park. That was a great meet.

Now the Idaho guys are starting the Idaho Jet Scramble in Weiser, Idaho on the third week in July to take the place of the Spokane meet. This is their first jet meet and we should all get the word out in order to make it a great meet. They do have a website now or just do a search here on RCUniverse for the details.

The second week in August has been the High Plaines Jet meet in Deer Lodge, Montana. The entire town throws out the welcome mat for the Jet Guys. Friday night the Chamber of Commerce hosts a mixer at the airport. Last year they had a Karioki night and it was a blast. This year is in question due to the health of the CD. Will try to keep everyone posted.

The last weekend in August is the "Jets Over Whidbey" meet. Just ask Jaime Cortez, Rich Fong, Dan Avilla or Tony Frakowviak and all will probably say they enjoyed the low key fly-in. This will be my eighth year as CD and it remains one of the better low key events in the Pacific NW.

The second weekend in September is the Princeton Jet/Scale meet in Princeton, British Columbia, Canada. This meet was cancelled last year due to the extreme fire danger in that area. Dean Wichmann of HeliJet RC puts on a fine meet and this year promises to be a big event.

The second weekend in Oct has always been the Woodland/Davis Jet meet North of Sacramento and I have been going ever since they started almost 16 years ago. Always a great bunch of guys and always a good time at that meet.

There has been some talk of starting an additional meet in the Shelton, Washington area. There are some jet guys in the area that are interested in promoting another jet meet in the State. I'm sure there will be more discussion about that opportunity.

So if you want a little variety on the West Coast, come on up and join the Pacific NW guys. We have a great time in our neck of the woods.

RH
Old 06-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

HAH, Missed one. September is Also Fresno Madera Jet rally.

Turbulence

ORIGINAL: Molar mender

KFalcon

The second weekend in September is the Princeton Jet/Scale meet in Princeton, British Columbia, Canada. This meet was cancelled last year due to the extreme fire danger in that area. Dean Wichmann of HeliJet RC puts on a fine meet and this year promises to be a big event.

So if you want a little variety on the West Coast, come on up and join the Pacific NW guys. We have a great time in our neck of the woods.

RH
Old 06-06-2004, 05:06 AM
KFalcon

ORIGINAL: Warbird_Racer

Well, we had a great one up here in Sacramento (Roseville/Lincoln) a month ago that you missed......

Trying to nail down the dates for Fresno, but I haven't gotten back any responses yet...[] I'd love to come down a spend a couple of days..

Anyway, I do agree that we need some more west coast rallies throughout the year.....

Regards,
Mark

Yeah I missed the rally in Sac because my kid was really sick, really wish I could have gone. Next year will be a different story.

It just seems to me that every time I look at RCU there is another big rally happening on the east coast, mostly in Florida. We need about 10 more rallies in California!

Molar thanks for the list of rallies, I will try to make many more this next year when the F-18 is finished.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:51 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Don't miss ours in Oct, in woodland, Davis

October
10/9 Jet Fly WDA Flying Field 10th also

Dave R
Old 06-06-2004, 05:01 PM
HotelSierra
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Fresno Jet Rally is always held on the third weekend of September. Please put it on the calender. As always, it will be a lot of fun!
Old 06-06-2004, 09:07 PM
KFalcon

I will put Fresno and Davis both on the calendar. Thank you both!
Old 06-07-2004, 04:13 PM
flyrcjets
My Feedback: (30)

Hey Kenny,
No reason we can't have a un-official gathering at a club field somewhere on some date and see who shows up! what do ya think?! Kevin
Old 06-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: HotelSierra

The Fresno Jet Rally is always held on the third weekend of September. Please put it on the calender.

Ugh. From the last year or two I thought they had wised up about the timing... but if it's the 3rd weekend in Sept, that once again puts it on the same weekend as the Reno Air Races. Guess I won't be doing the Fresno meet this year after all...

Gordon
Old 06-07-2004, 04:50 PM
WhoDaMan

Hey Gordon:
How many Reno races have you seen??????? I have not attended one yet. And I am a lot closer than you

Dave R
Old 06-07-2004, 05:44 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

ORIGINAL: KFalcon

Every time I log on to RCU I see a roll call for another East coast rally. Is it just me or are we really slacking over here in the West? Lets get some rallies going over here!

LOL hey Kenny Move to Florida man, I'll help you get all situated or wait for a bunch of East Coast guys at FRESNO jets

Whodaman you better be there this year man cause i dont travel that far to NOT see my friends.

Seeya there

Johnny Hernandez
Old 06-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: WhoDaMan

Hey Gordon:
How many Reno races have you seen???????
I've seen about 5 or 6 ; starting in 2002 I began crewing. Actually, given how busy I got kept repairing aircraft in 2002, I should probably subtract that one from the total... because I didn't really get to see anything but our own aircraft (when it was racing, I was using the binoculars following that aircraft, and that aircraft only, watching for any traces of smoke etc. ; when it wasn't racing, I was pulling the aircraft apart for repairs or modifications - so throughout the whole 10 days I was up there I never saw one complete race !

BTW, Jason Somes raced biplane last year with his pitts ; this year I think he said he may double-up and do biplanes and formula. Hope he does well.

Gordon
Old 06-07-2004, 10:48 PM
KFalcon

ORIGINAL: Jetflyer 24

ORIGINAL: KFalcon

LOL hey Kenny Move to Florida man, I'll help you get all situated or wait for a bunch of East Coast guys at FRESNO jets

Whodaman you better be there this year man cause i dont travel that far to NOT see my friends.

Seeya there

Johnny Hernandez

OK Johnny clear the couch and a spot in the garage for the F-18. Good thing you have two vehicles! I get the Vette....
Old 06-08-2004, 05:52 AM
flyrcjets

OK..I guess my idea sucked!
Old 06-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

YEAH but we will do it anyway. O.K. Peeps. let's invade Prado on July 3rd Saturday. Let me know if you can make it. (I will double check to make sure there is no event going on that day).

Turbulence

ORIGINAL: flyrcjets

OK..I guess my idea sucked!
Old 06-08-2004, 01:38 PM
WhoDaMan

My Man:
I will go to any length to see Johnny fly. Besides I have run out of funny pic's

Dave
Old 06-09-2004, 01:35 AM
KFalcon

ORIGINAL: flyrcjets

Hey Kenny,
No reason we can't have a un-official gathering at a club field somewhere on some date and see who shows up! what do ya think?! Kevin

Kevin,

I must have just read over your post! I think that would be a great idea. We could do something between here and there just to get people together more often.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:37 AM
KFalcon

I will go.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:56 AM
flyrcjets

Cool!..I would be to that!..I have to say ..I really wish someday we could get a jet rally together at Crow's Landing..It just is the ultimate place..concrete forever, well concrete all around you!
But how about Fresno,because that is kind of central I'm guessing. How about it Dave "the sticks"(drummer slang) oh buddy?
Old 06-09-2004, 05:06 AM
KFalcon

Fresno sounds great to me! When are you thinking? I'm sure the Fresno guys wouldn't mind having us around.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:08 AM
flyrcjets

I would think that would be up for when it would work for most..maybe a few postings of feedback from others?
Old 06-09-2004, 05:13 AM
KFalcon

My feedback: Any day

I will be watching to see what people say. Fresno guys where are you!?
Old 06-09-2004, 05:17 AM
flyrcjets

Asleep..probably like we should! ...good night!
Old 06-09-2004, 05:23 AM
KFalcon

Man Will sent me to bed last night and now you... Goodnight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.