Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

new f-15 rumors ???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

new f-15 rumors ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 07:48 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default new f-15 rumors ???

Well, i have heard rumors from so many people on this, i figured id ask here if anyone will speak up .... is BVM working on a big f-15 ?? if so, how big ? i think it would be a feat to beat the air magic one in detail and quality ... however its not like air magic does a great job of marketing their products anyway ....

Wojtek
Old 06-05-2004, 09:23 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: new f-15 rumors ???

If he is I hope he is not doing that E model, or any model with the FASTPAC option (the bulges on the sides of the intake that the Airmagic has)....ugly

I have not heard those rumors but I have been out of the loop with work, missed the last 4 or 5 local rallies. The last new era plane I heard he was working on was a large twin turbine F-18, very big with full working LE flaps, correctly hinges flaps and ailerons etc.

I think he stopped when this AMA weight thing got big. I think he got tired of seeing overweight planes at events and knew he could not make the F-18 the way he wanted and make the weight.

I would think he would make an F-16 before he made an F-15, but what do I know.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:03 PM
ShaneUSMC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a post on here not too long ago about BVM making a large F-86. Someone was making the contention that in the price section of his website the F-86 that he currently produces, is the only one that states the wingspan on the page. All others do not. Makes sense to me, IF he is going to offer a larger one as well. I would like to see some larger jets anyways. [8D]
Old 06-05-2004, 12:06 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

THe F-86 has been announced, it is 1/6 scale and truely exceptional engineering. It has a wood wing and it will be a Top Gun killer. F-86s fly so well to begin with, and he will get around that 2% rules. I wonder what rule they will change to stop the F-86 :-)

I wish that the F-86 did it for me, unfortunately it does not. I would love to have a new BVM scale plane.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:17 PM
552transco
My Feedback: (3)

That would be fantastic if BVM came up with an F-15. I have been looking into the Avond F-15. I sure would like to purchase it in the states but I might not have a choice. I gave up on the Skymaster from AirPac. They are too busy to return my e-mail I sent a month ago. Come on BVM, get in gear and get that F-15 out to us.

Wayne
Old 06-05-2004, 06:37 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mr_matt
I wish that the F-86 did it for me, unfortunately it does not. I would love to have a new BVM scale plane.
My sentiments exactly! I would love to pick up one of those big Sabres, but........I'm just not feeling it.

I already have an F-15 so I wish BVM would come out with something really cool. I vote bigger F-4.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:26 PM
ShaneUSMC
My Feedback: (1)

Matt,
Just went to BVM website. Your right about the release. I haven't been there for a while. Thanks for letting me know about it. I would like a BVM jet, but alas, most are out of my price range.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:28 PM
whiteside
My Feedback: (5)

GRANDE DOUBLE UGLY has my vote!
Old 06-06-2004, 01:27 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 552transco

That would be fantastic if BVM came up with an F-15. I have been looking into the Avond F-15. I sure would like to purchase it in the states but I might not have a choice. I gave up on the Skymaster from AirPac. They are too busy to return my e-mail I sent a month ago. Come on BVM, get in gear and get that F-15 out to us.

Wayne
have you seen Yellow's newish F-15? It is the shiznit!
Old 06-07-2004, 12:26 AM
rpmtech
My Feedback: (6)

Thats what we really need, another f-15
Old 06-07-2004, 09:25 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

I would like a large BVM A-10.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Wayne,
You must be the only guy in the world the Airpac guys are too busy for.I've been dealing with them since last year,own one of their F-15's and love it.It is a superior product at a great price.Been flying mine for 4 mos now.Also,every time I call for any issue,Eric Wu gets back to me the same day.He has bent over backwards to help me,and has not hesitated to make right ANY issues that have come up.(Not that there's been many.)You won't find a nicer guy to deal with,and I have not heard anyone have a bad thing to say about the Airpac guys,or the Skymaster products.Maybe you should give them a call.
Erik
Old 06-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Global10
My Feedback: (20)

Have to agree with Erik on this one. They have always been helpful when I needed help. Still have all there e-mail responses to prove it.

Jaye
Old 06-07-2004, 05:52 PM
552transco

Hi Erik and All,

I believe I owe AirPac an apology. After reading this thread, as well as others, I think I jumped the gun. I first contacted AirPac a few months ago. I asked if they were a hobby shop I could come and visit. Eric W. e-mailed me back and informed me they are just a distributor for Skymaster. He then told me if I was in the area to give him a call and he would take me to see their flying field. At first I was interested in the F-18 (I would buy this jet just for the scale landing gear) but switched over to the F-15 (Eric told me to buy both of them, I wish). I e-mailed Eric a couple of more times with questions. Eric W. did e-mail me back, in a reasonable amount of time (he was on a trip). I don't know if I became a pain in his buxx or what. I have no proof that Eric even got my last e-mail. I still think the Skymaster line is outstanding and from all the comments on these planes, it sounds like Skymaster does an excellent job on creating the scale look I love so much.
So Eric Wu and Skymaster, I am sorry I ever brought this up. I take it all back. (when you take it back it's like you never said it)
Again, my apologies to Eric, Skymaster and everone who owns a Skymaster Jet or thinking about owning one.

Sincerely,

Wayne
Old 06-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wayne,

Classy.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:45 PM
AirPac Models

Wayne,

We apologize, but there must have some mistake made in our part. Because of the high volume of emails we receive, there may have been a chance that your email was deleted by accident. After seeing your post, I had checked our email history and actually found your request for information on the F-18 on April 19th. It shows that I did reply to you on April 22rd. Is it this email that you did not get a reply to, or was it anything else? If this is for other questions, could you send it to me again?

Just the same as any other company in business, we do receive many spam mail and viruses. What could have happened is that your email was accidentally deleted when we delete spam mails or it could deleted by our firewall system. For this reason, if you don’t get a response from us within a few days, please do not hesitate to call or email us again. We strive to reply to all inquiries that are sent to us, thus may day take us a few days to reply.

By the way, we have a shipment arriving this week with the F-18 you asked about. Let me know if you are still interested in the F-18. They will be selling quite fast. We look forward to hearing from you again.

Erik & Jaye,

Thank you for your nice comments. We believe it is our duty to provide our customers with the best service possible. I hope you will enjoy your plane. If you ever have any questions or need anything, please do not hesitate to call.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:55 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

well done Erik

I'm working on a trip to Hawaii and will give you and Duke a heads up if I can pull it off.

keep it up.

Wayne, nice work.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:41 PM
552transco

Sorry to butt in again on this thread but I must also apologize to Wojtek for getting side tracked on his thread. Sorry Wojtek.

Eric, you don't owe me an apology, I am the one that made an asx out of myself. I should have e-mailed you again.
Enough said, now where were we. A new large scale F-15?

Take care gentlemen,

Wayne
Old 06-08-2004, 12:45 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to butt in again on this thread but I must also apologize to Wojtek for getting side tracked on his thread. Sorry Wojtek.
dude, dont worry about it .. i do worse ... we can talk about elves, goats and power "tools" here if you like, however i think that might tickle the moderators a bit the wrong way

by the way, i also think that was very deacent of you to follow up on your post at Airpac ..... From what i have dealt with him, as well as their product, itsa great company, great product and Eric is always willing to help out in any way he can .... first time i talked to him on the phone , after i placed my order, we BSed about RC jets for 1/2 hour after ... great guy .. ... I'm waiting on a Grippen for one of my P80s, ....

Wojtek