Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Duralites Plus, JR Matchbox, RAM

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Duralites Plus, JR Matchbox, RAM

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 10:57 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Duralites Plus, JR Matchbox, RAM

Anyone have any experience of the new Duralite Plus batteries?

Some weeks ago someone promised a news release by RAM which would please 1000 RAM owners, nothing happened and their web site has not been updated since March. What IS the RAM situation ?

Any JR rep, care to comment on the limited adjustment of end points on the Matchbox. Again, a JR rep promised to report back afterI queeried this issue some weeks ago. so far nothing. Any info?

BRG,

David Gladwin
Old 07-08-2002, 11:28 AM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Duralites Plus, JR Matchbox, RAM

Originally posted by David Gladwin

Some weeks ago someone promised a news release by RAM which would please 1000 RAM owners, nothing happened and their web site has not been updated since March. What IS the RAM situation?
I believe it was Ben Ndubuisi who had the "inside scoop".

Have not heard anything and when I asked RAM over the phone when calling on my 750, they did not want to say anything.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:39 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David,

I have been in contact with Duralite, and I may have some news on the new products in a week or two. I'll let you know. As for the Matchbox, it does have a limit on the amount of throw adjustment. It is intended to correct the throws on multiple servos ganged on a single control surface. I kind of wish it had more adjustment as that would give it a bit more capability, although it has had enough to adjust the elevators on my BobCat and the ailerons on my Bandit.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:41 PM
David Gladwin

Thanks Tony,
Shame JR limited this travel then it really could have ben be used for a multitude of applications as , in fact, described on Horizon's web site !
Still a very good device though, but could be better, perhaps Horizon could persuade JR to design a mark 2 version with travel limits as per the transmitter adjustments.
BRG,
David G.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:16 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

Hi David,

I have been using Duralites on all my Jets for two yrs now even on my TX, I'm using 2800 mah Packs and I fly all day and than some with any problems at all.

If you need any contact me I'll be glad to assist you with that.

Regards..........Johnny Hernandez
Old 07-09-2002, 06:26 AM
David Gladwin

Johny,
I too have been using Duralites on my jets since Tony F recommended them, total success.

However, there are new Duralites called Duralite PLUS that I seek info on.
BRG,
David G.
Old 07-09-2002, 06:39 AM
Turbojet

Default e-mail

For David Gladwin:
just checking if your e-mail is still the same. would like to send you some info. sent a mail to you 2 weeks ago but have had no reply.
thanx
Old 07-09-2002, 10:57 AM
David Gladwin

My e-mail is still same ([email protected]). May not have been delivered as someomnbe sent me some large Jpeg files which filled my hotmail space.!
BRG,
David G.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:03 AM
RobertV

I had breakfast with Emory Donaldson at Daytona this past weekend and he showed me the new batteries. He has several sizes of packs that are now based on 900mah LI-I cells. They appear much like the old Duralite packs in size and arrangement and are only very slightly heavier due to the different cell type. He tells me that they will be less "finicky" than the old Tadiran cells, will be very safe, and will be very attractively priced. He has all the details thoroughly worked out and a huge batch is being prepared for sale as we speak. I'll be first in line to get mine!