Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Roo Rudder linkage?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Roo Rudder linkage?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 07:14 PM
ltdorn1
My Feedback: (39)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roo Rudder linkage?

Can someone post a pic of thier roo rudder linkage? The manual not too clear. Also it talks about using a ball link included in the kit. but of course theres no ball link!

Thanks,

Lawrence
Old 06-12-2004, 07:46 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Roo Rudder linkage?

on my rooke (similar to a roo) , i cut open a hole on the top of the fuse and have the servos out vertically ..... 1/2 of the hardawre is always missing with these kits ... if use a H9 or dubr ball link ... might want to think of changing out the rods also ... the stock ones are soft and threaded all the way around , this means they can flex and snap !! well, at least i did not feel comfortable with them

Wojtek
Old 06-12-2004, 10:14 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I've built three roos and on all of them I just used standard 4-40 hardware and all three of them would hold knife edge. On all three of my roos I used standard 20 buck JR servos. All of them are sold now and I understand are still flying. I used the dubro split type linkages that you use fuel tubing to keep them taught. You can upgrade off of that to just about anything, but the bottom line is, the simplest installation on the rudders on the ROO are good enough. I had a couple of hundred flights on mine when I sold them.

Sean
Old 06-12-2004, 11:02 PM
wojtek

it all depends on how a plane is flown ... anything will fly with standard servos/equipment if folwn bellow a certain stress level and ....

i remember a post of someone who used a single 8411 per aileron(also the elevator) and was stalling the servo out at over a certain speed, and had dificulty pulling out of the manouver (or what i believe was ground avoidance ) I have ripped the gears out of 50-70oz servos on elevators where i actually had a slop free, non flutter set up ... (pattern plane in full speed doen to the earth snap roll ) fortunately only 1 elevator half servo went and i was able to recover ....

I always belive that if a model is already costing you anthing over $3000, you might as well put in good servos (hey, hs635 (used to be 605)) are good servos for a great price(i think around $40 ) !!) there i no reason to skimp and buy a $12 servo for a $3000+ jet ... same for hardware ....

Wojtek
Old 06-13-2004, 09:30 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Heres the only picture of mine :-)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63433.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	142586  
Old 06-13-2004, 09:48 AM
wojtek

i HATE that original servo location !! .. ipopped the holes on top of the fuse to house the servos vertically, and have he rod on the outside ... . yea, you can see the servo, but its not thta bad ... easier for install and maintenance ...

Wojtek
Old 06-13-2004, 05:56 PM
ltdorn1
My Feedback: (39)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the inputs guys,
but does anyone have a picture of the orginal setup as discribed in the construction manual. i want to see what linkages were used and what angles and location of the rudder horns.

Lawrence