Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Maine Jet Rally - Update

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Maine Jet Rally - Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:24 AM
aparchment

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maine Jet Rally - Update

Hi Guys --

I have an update for you all on the Maine Jet Rally. Ray and I have been invited to host the event at the Gardner airport in Gardner, Massachusetts. I know that those of you who look forward to coastal Maine in September will be disappointed, but the new facility is as good if not better than Biddeford and the airport committee wants us there, whereas the Biddeford Airport Manager doesn't want us back.

I will update the web site this weekend now that we have a location and will post here again to let everyone know about the updated site.

Thanks to all for your patience.

Antony Parchment
Old 06-17-2004, 06:47 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Maine Jet Rally - Update

WooHoo! Good to hear that, Antony! Looking forward to it.

Can you let us know the dates now? I'd like to book the time off work asap. (Ok, I confess, I've already booked Sept. 10-13 in anticipation. Just need to confirm it!)

Thanks,
...jim
Old 06-17-2004, 07:12 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim,
How far is Maine from your place.. (wishfull thinking on my part... )

AJC
Old 06-17-2004, 08:12 PM
JimBrown

Well, first off, as Antony mentioned above, it's in Massachusets this year.

Looks to be about a 7 to 8 hour drive from my place.

I'll be heading down Friday morning and getting back late Sunday night. Want to stay the night at my place Thursday and Sunday?

Have you thought about Michigan Jets? It's about 11 to 12 hours from your place.

...jim
Old 06-17-2004, 08:30 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim, it takes me 8 hours to get to Ottawa... so thats 16 hours one way for me. Miss three days of work too.... But, you never know. I will consider it but I am headed to an IMAC contest the weekend previous in southern ON. also so I may not want to drive so far so soon again.

WHen is the michingan event?

And how would these compare to B of Q in terms of participants and such?

Do you go just with the wife or do you go with any other flyers?

So many events going on this summer.... put over 3000 km's on my poor truck in the last three weeks allready and thats just the start!

AJC
Old 06-18-2004, 08:27 PM
JimBrown

The offer is open if you want it. For both of you, if Dan wants to join in on the fun.

The Maine jet rally is about the same size as Bay of Quinte. Smaller airport, but still plenty of room. And, as always, a great bunch of jet freaks.

Michigan Jets is July 23-25. Details here: Michigan Jets It's larger than Bay of Quinte, with a runway about the same size. And, you guessed it, a great bunch of jet freaks.

Ya think 3000 in a few weeks is a lot? Last year, over a period of three weekends in a row, I went to Michigan Jets, Green Mountain Jets and Liberty Bell Jets. About 5000 km.

I average 50000 km a year. (Just turned a quarter million kilometers on the van last week. Bought it four years ago with 49900 on it.)

Later,
...jim
Old 06-20-2004, 09:11 AM
christrump

Hi Antony
Just say when and where ......I'm there!!!
I guess if you bring the Main lobster you can still call it "Main jet rally"
Chris
Old 06-20-2004, 10:06 AM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Thats it... "The Maine Lobster Jet Rally!!"
Old 06-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Global10
My Feedback: (20)

How weird!!!! I was born and raised in Gardner Ma and left about 6 yrs ago after loosing my job at Logan Airport. I now live in Palm Coast Fl were one of the best Jet meets use to be. The airport manager their did not want FTE to return so he left to Lakeland. I guess I'll just have to move back home now that this great event is gone!!!

Oh, lobster in Gardner taste the same as the lobster in Maine!!!LOL
Old 06-25-2004, 09:47 AM
Adil Nasim
My Feedback: (61)

Hi Anthony,

I still have not seen any updates on your web site. Just want to make sure we are still on and need some info on travel reservations etc.

Thanks - Adil
Old 06-25-2004, 10:26 AM
snobird
My Feedback: (36)

Chaseman 1 A Maine lobstah is not the same as a Gardener Lobstah !!!!!

Everyone knows that
Old 06-25-2004, 10:51 AM
aparchment

Hey guys:

Good to see all of the enthusiasm.

Jimbo -- absolutely -- book the time off from work. We are holding the event the same weekend as always -- the weeked after US Labor Day -- September 11-12 this year. Don't you dare hurt that gorgeous F5! I want to see it in person.

Adil, I haven't updated the site because, amazingly, we have another offer to use an airport in Maine. We will make our final decision before the Green Mountain Jet Rally and post it on the web site. In fact I am going to update the site now with this info. Sorry for all of the confusion, but we wanted to make sure we could have use of an airport rather than just our club field - which is pretty good, but not as good as 3000' x 100' of pavement!

Chris -- I see you got the KingCat bug! Wonder where that happened -- LOL!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Antony
Old 06-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Antony, Adil told me he would rather have Gardner lobstah! Less driving for Us = more time for flying.Adil dont worry about the hotels, we can pitch a tent at Gardner if we have too! As for Jim Brown we all know if you had the jet rally on the moon Jim would drive there! He would probably be there first too! We are all looking forward to anther great event.
Best regards,
Don DeSande
Old 06-28-2004, 06:47 PM
JimBrown

If there was a jet rally on the moon, and I could drive there in a day, I'd go.

Got back at 2:00am last night from my first visit to Jets Over the Heartland (Winamac, Indiana.) It was worth every minute of the 13 hour drive (even if I did lose my Cyclone.)

Antony, The appropriate days have been booked off work. The F5 was hurt at Bay of Quinte, but I should have it fixed up for Michigan Jets. Unfortunatly, it won't be ready for Green Mountain.

One of the Winamac guys (Robin (Billy) Baker) was selling a BVM Maverick, RTF (minus receiver) for $1000US. I spotted for him for a flight and liked what I saw. So I wrote a cheque and it was mine. The strange part was that this was before I lost the Cyclone! Took the receiver from the Cyclone, put it in the Maverick, transferred the program from his 10x to mine, and I was flying it the next day.

...jim
Old 07-20-2004, 07:51 AM
sfaust

Last I heard the location was going to be finalized before the Vermont Rally weekend. Haven't heard since. Any update????
Old 07-20-2004, 09:50 AM
aparchment

Steve:

I posted this in response to a question about the event from Joe Giasson:

Joe:

Provided that all goes as planned, the Maine Jet Rally will be held the same weekend as always -- the weekend after Labor Day -- September 11+12 this year.

As you know we had been looking for a new location for the event. We were invited to go to Gardner, Massachusetts and were planning to host the event there. However, just before the Green Mountain Jet Rally we were approached by the Airport Committee for the Sanford Regional Airport (SFM) in Sanford, Maine; and we are in the process of gaining approval to hold the event there. The Airport Committee was extremely enthusiastic about us holding the event at SFM. Sanford Regional is one of the best airports in the state and would be ideal for this event. By holding the event at SFM we will remain in Maine, be close to the coast (just for Art) and have a top knotch facility.

I have the phone numbers for most of the regulars who attend this event, so I will call you all when we are 100% approved to hold the event. Our meeting before the town council is on August 3rd.

I know that this requires that some of you do some last minute planning, but unfortunately the timing has been out of our control to a large extent.

Please either check the web site (www.icommercesystems.com/mainejets), call me or post here for further updates.

Antony Parchment
Old 09-22-2004, 07:59 AM
sfaust

I uploaded a slew of photos from the 2004 Maine Jet Rally onto my website. There are about 150 photos, with some nice shots of the full scale L39 on the ground as well as in-flight during take off.

[link=http://www.giantscalerc.com/misc_main.htm]Giant Scale RC website[/link] in the MISC section
-or-
directly at [link=http://www.giantscalerc.com/images/maine-jet-rally-2004/index.html]Maine Jet Rally 2004 - Sanford ME[/link]

Enjoy!