Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

R/C club turbine trainer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

R/C club turbine trainer

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 11:47 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default R/C club turbine trainer

Some R/C clubs have club prop trainers to help new members learn to fly. This concept works well and helps more people get involved in our hobby. How do you think this concept would work with a club turbine trainer to help EXPERIENCED and QUALIFIED club members become qualified with turbines and obtain their AMA turbine wavers. Do you know of any R/C clubs that have a turbine training program with a club trainer? If so what aircraft is being used and how is the program working? What are the positives and negatives of a club turbine training program? Is it good thing to have people turbine qualified that do not own a turbine, etc?
Old 06-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C club turbine trainer

I think the cost would be prohibitive to have a club turbine trainer.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:09 PM
ShaneUSMC
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with Ronnie. I think the cost [:@] would prohibit this happening, for turbines anyways. Now I have heard of people using really fast prop planes to get their waivers and such (GP Patriot, Cermark F-20), that might be a more reasonable choice for what you are thinking. Just my pennies in the barrel.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:31 PM
rpmtech
My Feedback: (6)

When I was training to fly jets I used the servo slow function on the throttle to simulate lag. Although the prop still has a braking effect that the jet doesent, it helped to get used to it.