Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

robart questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

robart questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:54 PM
MAX EFFFORT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default robart questions

how much psi does a robart gear tank need in it? , what is max safe psi? how many cycles can be made with what psi. does robart system lose psi when cycled?
Old 06-18-2004, 05:28 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: robart questions

I have regularly pumped up several different sized Robart tanks to 110 psi and have not had any problems. I have, however, had one of their crappy one-way valves blow out on me at that pressure. I won't use them anymore, just use a regular valve like the BVM or Spring Air (with the one-way built in). As for how many cycles: that depends on the volume of the air tank.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:26 AM
thunderjet
My Feedback: (1)

I have big heavy gear on my F-7u Cutlass. In order to have 4 up and down cycles I put 185psi in robarts bigest air bottle... At these preasures though you must use keepers on all air line to keep them from blowing off..

You however should never need that much psi... Robarts med. bottle and 100 to 120 max should give you 5 or 6 cycles...

Thunderjet
Old 06-18-2004, 06:39 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Using the big size Robart (the one that is about 9" long & 3" in dia.) and Robart 630 gear with Trim brakes and valve, I have gotten more cycles than I could ever want (no idea of the count, just plenty).
Old 06-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Jet Doctor

100 PSI is a good safe pressure. The number of cycles depends on the size of the tank and the size and number cylinders you are operating. It is generally good to size you tank for about five full cycles which will give you 2 go-arounds and then some. It is also good practise to use seperate tanks for brakes, not the same one for both. The most important of all is to make sure that you have no leaks! Leave it pressurised overnight and then the retracts must still come up and down the next day and then you can be happy that you will not be let down while flying.

Zane