Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How does the Renegade fly???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

How does the Renegade fly???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 03:26 AM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How does the Renegade fly???

I was wondering if anybody could give me some info on the Renegade jet. How do they fly and is there any bad habits or things to watch out for on this jet.
Any info would be appreciated.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:52 AM
noahb

Default jet

Please, does any body have, seen, or know of how these fly. They are produced by a company from "down under" and they seem to be pretty good jets, just have not seen one. The company is called MAS (model aircraft services). Please help...
Old 07-22-2002, 02:01 AM
garrett_mcdonal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does the Renegade fly???

Hi Noab,

I'm absed Down Under and have not only seen the Renegade fly, but am currently building one.

It is a sensational performer. Very fast at full throttle and precise. Image a pattern ship doing 180mph and your about there. I think a Renegade currently holds the Australian fan speed record at something like 220mph. It also slows down nicely to land.

The kit is very nicely made and has been a pleasure to build. The degree of prefabrication is good and includes some very innovative manufacturing techniques. For example, the trailing edge of the wing and the leading edge of the control surfaces are let into the foam cores before they are skinned. Simply cut along the marked lines and the pieces pop free. The integrated spar system and retract flex plates are pre-installed at the factory and will withstand some serious abuse. The computer-cut gear doors fit perfectly and work like a charm.

The other nice thing is that all the hardware in the deluxe kit is high-end and you don't need to bin anything and then replace it with something else.

Definitely go for the deluxe kit. It will save a bundle of time and the quality of the pre-fab is great.

Regards,
Garrett
Old 07-22-2002, 02:29 AM
noahb

Default jet

Garret, thanks for the info. I have not got my kit yet. I am working on obtain one. I can't wait. I appreciate the reply...I would like to stay in touch and see pics of yours when you are done, or shoot some building pics as you go along. What power plant are you installing...
Larry