Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

OT: Shipping fuse to Canada

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

OT: Shipping fuse to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 06:15 AM
rolln_thndr
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Shipping fuse to Canada

Sorry, this may be the wrong place to ask this but I have a deal pending on a Byron f-16 Kit and was wondering what would be the most economical way of shipping it from the US to Canada. I have never dealt with packages this large before and don't want to break the bank getting it here. Does anyone have some info they could pass on to me?

(If this is the wrong place for this post, please delete it.)
Old 07-13-2002, 02:53 PM
HORNET1788

Default grey hound

i have heard that grey hound is fairly inexpensive.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:19 PM
JET FX

Default Shipping to Canada

Dont know about most economical? but I know it will arrive in one piece and on time via - Airborne/Purolator.... : )
To me its worth a few extra $$'s for the piece of mind.
Old 07-13-2002, 05:16 PM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Rolln_Thndr

If you ship across the boarder, chances are that you will get nailed with a customs brokerage charge and possibly some sort of duty, depending on the description. Make sure it is labeled as "hobby supplies/model airplane parts" or something to that effect, duty free.

If you live anywhere near the border, often on the US side you will find a post office box location that charges on a per shipment basis. When I bring stuff in from the states it comes to a post office box in Washington state, only a 20min drive from here. PO Box cost for a pair of hotspots was on the order of $6 US total for all 4 boxes, far less than the brokerage charges. The shipping $$$ was also cheaper since it stayed in continental US.

If its an option for you I hope this helps.

Now, more importantly, tell us about your bird...

Kelly
Old 07-14-2002, 05:37 AM
rolln_thndr
My Feedback: (1)

I wish I was a little closer to the border, but unfortunately it's a very long drive. I'm going to talk to the shippers at work on Monday and see what kind of deal I can get through our rates, should be not to bad. I was doing some reading in the other forum about suggested companies and others experiences so I'm still undecided as to what company I will be using.

As far as the bird, well it an old Byron F-16 that has been started (wings and stabs glassed) and comes with the drops tanks. I plan on putting in a 91/Dynamax, a friend of mine has a very nice molded inlet to convert it from the Byron setup. I've never heard of one setup like this other than in an old copy of Jet International, so I hope it's worth the effort. This will be a long term project as I will build my Cyclone first (This will be my first DF).

BTW, I just found RC Universe about a week ago and all I can say is whoa! There is a ton of info on here coming from some very knowledgeable individuals and I look forward to catching up on all the previous posts.