Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Let down by Spiderjets and Simjet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Let down by Spiderjets and Simjet

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 06:02 AM
Angelo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let down by Spiderjets and Simjet

I would be very interested to hear views and comments form other jet modellers who have strong complains about Simjet Denmark and Spiderjets.

I have sent my turbine to Simjet for service, took them 2 and a half months to reply to my emails, after they finally replied that they have sent it back they realized that it was not my turbine that was sent but another customers form Greece. After a lot of telelphone calls they have finally sent it, but the new ful auto start
conversion simply refuses to work, we have spent all weekend trying to find why but new ECU simply refuses to work.

Spiderjets. Nick Godeeris owner of Spiderjets, during his last visit to Cyprus, (2 months ago) has taken money from me (cash) with the promise to send me an F16 kit in one week. It is now 2 months and despite of all promises the Monday that he keeps promising to send the kit is never coming. Worst of all I can not seem to be able to contact him anywhere.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:33 AM
rcav8tr

Default SimJet not Starting

Hi Angelo

I can't sy or do much about the delay in returning your engine, but I may be able to help you get it started. Please send me a Private Message and or post a thread in the Turbine Clinic section and Kevin and I will do our best to help you out.

Ed
Old 07-15-2002, 01:09 PM
cairoman

Ed,

Check your mailbox please.

Regards,
Chris
Old 07-16-2002, 05:00 PM
Berton

Hi Angelo,

I did start a thread a few months to warn modelers about the same problem with Spiderjets as you mention.

Unfortunately the adminstrator took the thread of the bord, since then maybe more people had the same experience.

L.Berton
Old 08-24-2002, 06:52 PM
Berton

SPAM
Old 08-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

Default Angelo

Sorry to hear about your experience with simjet. I recently had my 2300 sent back for a bearing change. It was sent, repaired and back within three weeks. It has been bench ran 6 times now, and it starts every time. It took me a while to figure out how much propane to use during the start, but now..No problem.
Old 08-25-2002, 04:04 PM
cairoman

Gary,

Angelo's problem with both Simjet and Spiderjets was solved some time ago.

With Simjet, he had a bad cell in his battery pack, preventing him start the engine. Spiderjets sent his F16 four weeks ago. So, it's happy ending for this story.

BRG
Chris