Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Too much RPM??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Too much RPM??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 06:50 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Too much RPM??

I need help on an RPM issue that I am sure some seasoned ducted fan fellas out there can answer. I have a new RK-720 and am looking for a motor (now that I finally have some funds available). I am considering a MVVS .26 or .21, or a Dubb Jett .25, .30 or .35. MVVS was extremely helpful but I wanted to know if anyone has any idea which motor would give me the most RPM without over revving the motor. I think it might be between the MVVS .21 and the .26. Will a Dubb Jett motor give me more RPM or just more torque?? The MVVS is a candidate because of price, but if I need to go with a race horse I'll get the Jett. Help!
Old 07-15-2002, 08:07 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Default RPM

Boy for a minute there I thought you were going to say you had to many rpm's with the Byron Blaster. I almost thought you went over the edge with that thought.
Went to the Dallas get together last weekend. Had a good time and a pretty nice place to fly if they remove one tree on the south end.
No law enforcement showed up but when I got back Sun at our field, the highway patrol were at the field, turned around and went home. Did you send them??????????????
Old 07-15-2002, 09:18 PM
MiragePilot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Too much RPM??

I wouldn't mess with any of those engine options you listed.
Go buy an OS high performance buggy engine (OS 21 RZB, or something like that), or the NovaRossi 21 buggy engine and adapt it to the 720 rotor. That configuration will blow anything from MVVS or Jett out of the water.

The only problem is that you will have to turn the cooling fins on the cylinder head down, and spend the equivalent of an OS 91 VRDF, if you want to go faster than 23k rpm.

The OS 25 VFDF and K&B 3.5 DF engine will deliver 23-24.5k rpm (with the OS at the high end), and IMHO, are the best alternative to the buggy engine option.

Peter
Old 07-16-2002, 12:52 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Default Too much RPM??

Bob, I could tell you if I sent the Police to your field searching for you, but then I'd have to...Oh you know the rest. HA HA Glad to hear the show went well, fill me in on all the details when you get a chance.

Peter, thanks for the reply. Why would you shy away from the MVVS, anything to do with the carb set-up? E-Mail me off line so we can discuss further, thanks.