Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BobCat main legs

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BobCat main legs

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Esprit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BobCat main legs

Has anybody fitted Druro Struts on the main legs of the BobCat ? If so how did it go?
Old 07-16-2002, 09:20 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BobCat main legs

I'm pretty sure that Gordon McConnell has them on his Bobcat. He got one of the first kits and at that time the upgraded undercarriage included durostruts on all three legs. I think that has been discontinued and the strut is only on the nose gear now. Gordon will probably have more info for you. He's on the board ALL of the time

Bob
Old 07-16-2002, 10:53 PM
Gordon Mc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BobCat main legs

Actually, my original Bobcat was ordered with Duro-struts all around, but arrived with only one durostrut for the nosegear, so I just built it that way. Coincidentally, at that time BVM stopped advertising the Bobcat with durostruts for the mains.

My second personal Bobcat will have (Bandit) durostruts on it, but has yet to be built because I've been building for other folks. For one of the other Bobcats that I built for a friend, we used Robart struts on the mains. These required that the cut-outs in the bottom of the wing be reworked, but were otherwise trivial to fit. (BTW, The only problem wit hthe Robarts is that the struts were smaller diameter than the gear requires, so a very thin pipe is required as an adapter.)

As far as I'm aware, the BVM duro-struts will simply require the same kind of cut-out rework that the Robarts did. Could be wrong though. I believe that David Gladwin was considering fitting duro-strut mains... David, are you listening ??

Regs,
Gordon
Old 07-17-2002, 12:13 AM
Gordon Mc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BobCat main legs

I did a search through David Gladwin's posts, since I was sure he talked about durostruts for his Bobcat... here's a thread that should answer your question for you...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...910&forumid=26

Regs,
Gordonn
Old 07-17-2002, 01:15 AM
Jetjock51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duro Struts

I have duro struts on all three gear on my Bobcat. They were very simple to install. The top and bottom wing skin does need to be re-arranged, but it is very simple to accomplish. The other mod it is to make a 1/8 inch ply plate to go under each side of the landing gear mounting flange. The gear needs to move toward the bottom of the plane 1/8" so the wheel will clear the bubble on the top of the wing, and the phenolic spar tube.

I think BV can provide a template for the cutout with the duro struts. He also sells a set of struts precut to the correct length for the Bobcat.

I hope this helps.

Dennis Lott