Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What A box !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What A box !

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 10:27 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What A box !

I just got my flight box from Sidewalk flyers. I got it after reading the RCU review in the RCU online magazine .. this thing is perfect for jets ! big, with a lot of space for carying anything you want ! the cradle on it is nice and big too.. it even holds my PCM L1011 with no problem ! The quality is top notch ! Last box I had was one of those Hobbico edals, that fell appart on me after a season of flying ..

I will recommend this to any serious modeler ! its $100, but worth every penny ..

www.sidewalkflyers.com

just figured id share this with you guys ..

Wojtek
Old 07-18-2002, 03:32 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What A box !

I used to have one of those huge superdeluxe woodcrafters boxes. After several seasons of dislocated arms slugging that around, I got rid of it. Now I use just a little box. You'll probably end up coming around full circle on this, like I did. But you have to try it for yourself!
Old 07-18-2002, 03:45 PM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Default What A box !

Woj,
Nice box BUT I think the idea is to keep the workshop at home and be ready to fly at the field. Lugging huge boxes and ground support equipment, I believe discourages the wannabe RC or jet flyer with the percieved notion that all this equipment is required to support a model airplane. All the preparatory work should be done at the shop and a good preflight is all that normally needs to be done at the field. Spare parts can be kept in a neat little organizer in your vehicle and accessed if needed.

Especially with the JetCats or other popular autostart jets, I think it's more impressive to just carry the jet out there with your radio (Fire Equipment nearby ;-), and just start the thing and taxi out. Although I still use my GSU on a new JetCat 120 most of the time, I will probably start to use it less as I get better acquainted with the personality of this motor.

Just my opinion...
Old 07-18-2002, 03:49 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What A box !

my predicament is that i fly helis, df jets , turbines, prop jobs, etc ... i like one box that i do not always have to load and reload ...

I agree about the jets, fuel can and an extinguisher is all you need these days !

Wojtek
Old 07-18-2002, 03:51 PM
LTV_A7D
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yikes.

I thought that WAS for the home workshop! I think I'll stick to the do-it-yourself plastic, plumber's pipe method (the white stuff).
Old 07-18-2002, 03:52 PM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Default What A box !

I also fly heli's and usually bring one with the jet. Good for taking the edge off sometimes...