Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetCat 160 - any issues?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetCat 160 - any issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 02:59 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: JetCat 160 - any issues?

ORIGINAL: ghost_rider

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

I am surprised that RCUniverse is letting reps come in here and flame but oh well.
Unfortunately, there is nothing we could do about him stating his opinion.
We all know that is unprofessional for another turbine manufacture to come out in an open forum and criticize another turbine manufacturer but as stated earlier he is entitled to his opinion.

FWIW, if you follow the url in his sig line, it would redirect you to http://www.digitech-turbines.com/ which shows that it is a turbine manufacturing company based in Netherlands.

Mr_Matt, your products speak for itself and you do not have anything to worry about. Sooner or later but much sooner than later, the “chicken will come home to roost” (if you know what I mean).

Regards

Ben
"Unfortunately, there is nothing we could do about him stating his opinion.
We all know that is unprofessional for another turbine manufacture to come out in an open forum and criticize another turbine manufacturer but as stated earlier he is entitled to his opinion.
"
i guess you did something about my opinion you edit it...............
no problem i will be silent under the big hand of the moderators...
Old 08-05-2004, 03:00 PM
digitech

ORIGINAL: KFalcon

I am surprised that RCUniverse is letting reps come in here and flame but oh well.
Unfortunately, there is nothing we could do about him stating his opinion.

FWIW, if you follow the url in his sig line, it would redirect you to http://www.digitech-turbines.com/ which shows that it is a turbine manufacturing company based in Netherlands.

Regards

Ben
I don't think it was just an opinion. Right after he blasts Jetcat he goes on to promote his turbine.

ghost_rider

Certified

RE: Statement from Wren Turbines re Joe... (in reply to mr_matt) Report This Post | (Post No. 21)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

HAH I can't believe my post got deleted!! A first for me I think!

Matt

I removed your post in conjunction with other because of their political overtone.
Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Ben

Old 08-05-2004, 03:08 PM
digitech

Kenny

As my old friend Ronald Reagan (may his soul rest in peace) would say "here you go again!".

For your information, Mr_Matt's post that was removed had current US political connotations. His post was not removed because he posted in the Wren turbine thread. Mr_Matt understood it so why not let it rest.

Have a wonderful day my honorable gentleman.

Regards

Ben

BTW, thanks for bringing his turbine promotion to my attention. When I visited his site before posting my reply to Mr_Matt, I only stopped at his home page. After reading your post I went back and surfed his site and noticed that he is a Simjet rep. His turbine advertisement is now removed from his post. Again...thanks for bringing it to my attention.

dear ghost rider
before editing anything you would see on simjets homepage that i am NOT a simjet rep or anyone,s rep!
i am stand alone as i call it i am completely independant i simply buy the parts and fit electronics
i did not tell anyone to visit my homepage nor did i mention it
if i did not had my sign line problably you would have blamed me for backstabing also by looking at my profile and see also the link right?
it was not a adverstisement eather it was something i tested
did i mention any price? no! did i say you schould all buy other brands? no
i speak of what i have seen not HEARD
think beofre you do , typical moderator editing before thinking about it and looking at the fact
btw what engine do you use? or cant you tell it here watch out! it could be hidden advertising!
i have a better idea
i will rejoin this forum under a hidden name better to be low level then honnest right?
next time do a ip check on some members you will be suprised what all sort of names show up at least thats what i found out
or didnt they teach you that at moderator class?
just close this posting i think lots will thank you for that , and maybe get a free balancing weaver
Old 08-05-2004, 03:09 PM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sandor

i also witnessed a jetcat bearing failure when stopping the engine
i dont think it it nice to call a factory and tell them "please give me a redisigned onde since older models seem to fall apart"

wouldnt it have been better if jetcat tested their engine better? or even better before the actual sale?
it is the same with the turboprops , i hear a lot but never heard one making more then one flight actualy

just my 2 (euro)cents

The above statement was copied from the post above that can still be read. Your opinions are still up there, the promotion is gone.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:13 PM
KFalcon

i simply buy the parts and fit electronics

Doesn't that mean you sell them?

The promotion came in when you started talking about how another turbine is better and will stand up to over rev. The problem is you just happen to sell that turbine.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:15 PM
digitech

i also witnessed a jetcat bearing failure when stopping the engine
i dont think it it nice to call a factory and tell them "please give me a redisigned onde since older models seem to fall apart"

wouldnt it have been better if jetcat tested their engine better? or even better before the actual sale?
it is the same with the turboprops , i hear a lot but never heard one making more then one flight actualy

just my 2 (euro)cents

The above statement was copied from the post above that can still be read. Your opinions are still up there, the promotion is gone.

tsk tsk tsk
Old 08-05-2004, 03:17 PM
digitech

i simply buy the parts and fit electronics

Doesn't that mean you sell them?

The promotion came in when you started talking about how another turbine is better and will stand up to over rev. The problem is you just happen to sell that turbine.

read it: i am NOT a simjet sales rep
that is what the moderator was on about
Old 08-05-2004, 03:21 PM
KFalcon

witch to choose? Trudo 8? Trudo 12 (simjet)

we choose the parts , make the Electronics , and sell you a turbine witch is:

This was copied directly from your website. I believe next to the Trudo 12 is the word (simjet). That implies you sell Simjet turbines right? You don't have to be a rep to sell the turbines, come on!
Old 08-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then maybe it would make it clear what you ARE a sales rep for, since the combination of just saying "sales rep" in your signature line, and your comments about how you test the Simjets before selling them (or however it was worded) sure made it seem like you were a Simjet sales rep.

Gordon
Old 08-05-2004, 03:30 PM
digitech

witch to choose? Trudo 8? Trudo 12 (simjet)

we choose the parts , make the Electronics , and sell you a turbine witch is:

This was copied directly from your website. I believe next to the Trudo 12 is the word (simjet). That implies you sell Simjet turbines right? You don't have to be a rep to sell the turbines, come on!
a forget it you cant or wont see the whole picture
Old 08-05-2004, 03:34 PM
digitech

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

Then maybe it would make it clear what you ARE a sales rep for, since the combination of just saying "sales rep" in your signature line, and your comments about how you test the Simjets before selling them (or however it was worded) sure made it seem like you were a Simjet sales rep.

Gordon
asuming is the most common mistake made
its like opinions everyone seems to have one
i am independant since i own my own company i am my own technical service , sales rep , etc etc
the mistake made by the moderator was that he quoted i was a simjet sales rep witch is not true
just a simple check on simjets homepage would tell you that.
ok end of story
lets go on with our turbine troubles i will sit back and enjoy the messages
end:-(
Old 08-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Robrow

Yes, come on you moderator guys, relax a little, don't be so hasty with the delete key. I'm sure Sandor only used the Simjet examples to demonstrate his point which is very salient to this thread.

Rob.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

asuming is the most common mistake made
its like opinions everyone seems to have one
i am independant since i own my own company i am my own technical service , sales rep , etc etc
the mistake made by the moderator was that he quoted i was a simjet sales rep witch is not true
just a simple check on simjets homepage would tell you that.
Hmmm - so .. d'ya mean you're not a Simjet sales rep, you're a sales rep who sells Simjet ? [&:]

...and if so, that changes things how ?

Gordon
Old 08-05-2004, 09:37 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

If you profit personally from the sales of a product, I don't think you're allowed to bash another manufacturer of product that you sell??

Is that the nature of the rule here? Or is it that you're not allowed to come on here and tell people anything about the product here?

I've never really been clear about this rule.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:59 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: seanreit

If you profit personally from the sales of a product, I don't think you're allowed to bash another manufacturer of product that you sell??

Is that the nature of the rule here? Or is it that you're not allowed to come on here and tell people anything about the product here?

Sean

RCU rule stipulates that Reps or Manufacturers are not allowed to promote their items in the discussion forum unless specifically asked by the thread originator. They could however send a PM to the thread originator if they wish to solicit or promote their products.

A rep or manufacturer using the forum to bash another manufacturer is not allowed. This part of the rule is difficult to enforce without infringing on somebody’s right to state their opinion, which they consider to be a factual fact in their mind. We work a tight rope here as a moderator trying to decipher what is correct and what is not. We tend to lean towards allowing everybody to state his or her own humble opinion.

Finally, a manufacturer bashing another manufacturer in my own opinion is unethical.

Regards

Ben
Old 08-05-2004, 10:01 PM
mr_matt

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My thanks again for all the hard work of the moderators.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:09 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: seanreit

Sean

RCU rule stipulates that Reps or Manufacturers are not allowed to promote their items in the discussion forum unless specifically asked by the thread originator. They could however send a PM to the thread originator if they wish to solicit or promote their products.

A rep or manufacturer using the forum to bash another manufacturer is not allowed. This part of the rule is difficult to enforce without infringing on somebody’s right to state their opinion, which they consider to be a factual fact in their mind. We work a tight rope here as a moderator trying to decipher what is correct and what is not. We tend to lean towards allowing everybody to state his or her own humble opinion.

Finally, a manufacturer bashing another manufacturer in my own opinion is unethical.

Regards

Ben
anyway you still havent answered my question mr moderator about the fact you edited the post because i was a simjet rep
you are grabbing around and still havent found the answer nor will you give in and tell me you where wrong
also i am a official graupner dealer wich means i can and may also sell jetcat turbines , and surely can critisize them right?
if you would have looked more you could have also found that out
like i said i am completely independant and self employed
so i can "bash"my own products right?