Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Aviation Design Gryphon

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Aviation Design Gryphon

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 12:31 PM
Malcolm Kay
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aviation Design Gryphon

OK you guys , don't all rush at once the AD gryphon, ( pronounced griff-on) is now available the first kit has arrived and I'm building it as a demo for the shows. the first batch of kits will arrive in a week or ten days, they have left the factory but they have to go through customs, the price is $1800 and I know there has been loads of interest from pilots out there, judging by the number of e-mails I receive, you can call me at 561 213 6282 0r E . starrjet2@aol the website is www.adjets.com
Old 08-01-2002, 01:36 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Default Re: Aviation Design Gryphon

Originally posted by Malcolm Kay
the price is $1800
What comes with the kit for that $$?. I checked the AD web site and could not find detailed information.

Thanks in advance for your prompt response.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:42 PM
jlmaviation
My Feedback: (54)

I'd like to know the same as Ghost_rider
Old 08-01-2002, 05:01 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

Default Test flight !!

when you say DEMO are you going to fly these models or you just display them ?

I saw you at the Ft Lauderdale meet with the SU-27 and I was hoping you'd fly it as I have an itch for one but no fly no buy here.

Let me know if you're flying that SU in the near future as i'm seriously thinking on getting one, so i can come up and watch.

Regards.........Johnny Hernandez
Old 08-02-2002, 12:18 AM
Malcolm Kay

johnny H ........thanks for the heads up, the SU 27 wasn't ready to fly at FT>L it still has a months work to do, when i,m good and ready to fly I will let you know. If you had been at Florida jets you would have seen Eric fly the prototype twice and if you want ,I have a copy of the SKS video you can borrow to see for yourself.......regards ......Malcolm
Old 08-02-2002, 12:32 AM
Malcolm Kay

Ghost rider/ jlmaviation, in answer to your question the gryphon is an all composite aircraft with the upswept wings molded in one piece with spars already installed rear engine cover molding partially encloses the turbine , no tail pipe is used, the rudder is mounted underneath the fuse like a ventral fin and the front canards are operational roll control by aerolons. two place canopy cockpit detail kit hardware package etc no doors it will use spring air retracts and kevlar tank by jettech ,gary mueller is molding them as we speak. it will be very easy to build and even easier to fly, Eric Rantet has conducted a 30 flight test series over the last couple of months and made small improvements every flight , to bring it to the market we wanted to be sure that anyone could fly it. it is great with a P80 or simjet and stunning with a P120 or a Pegasus its a big air plane and easy to see in the sky the outline is very Rutan it's 80" square weighs almost twenty five lbs dry regards ,,,.....Malcolm Kay......happy landings
Old 08-02-2002, 01:58 AM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Malcolm

Thanks for your prompt response. What series of Spring Air retracts are recommended. What will be the total fuel capacity of the tanks that Gary is making, and what type of struts did Eric recommend.

BTW, the airplane looks good on the web site. Are you going to post picture of the kit when you receive yours for us to evaluate?.
Old 08-02-2002, 07:42 AM
Malcolm Kay

the gryphon will use a set of spring air 402 gear and the tank will be 2.2 litres capacity 75 oz, pictures later , I,m still waiting for other bits and pieces.......wheels and brakes will be available at $252 for package......M
Old 08-02-2002, 11:14 AM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

Default here you go

here's the pic guys, it looks like a winner priced right for everyone.

Regards........Johnny Hernandez
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	19770_3213.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	12418  
Old 08-02-2002, 01:26 PM
Modelman
My Feedback: (7)

Damn You!

Is the first shipment sold-out? What is shipping to 61843?

My wife is going to have a FIT!

Craig
Old 08-02-2002, 03:29 PM
gtmaxx
My Feedback: (6)

Default Hi Malcolm!

She's a real beauty!
Just curious, is it grass capable? And, any idea of take off and landing speeds - distances? Thanks!

BRG's
Todd
Old 08-02-2002, 11:04 PM
Malcolm Kay

Default gryphon reply to gtmaxx

hey there buddy, good to hear from you Todd, yup the gryphon is designed for it .. high stance and big wheels if you want,, grass no problem engine is mounted high up on top of the rear fuse sucks up top hence no fod's....regards ......M
Old 08-02-2002, 11:23 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like a Rutan Long-EZ on steroids. Would make a nice full-sized personal jet IMO.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:00 AM
Malcolm Kay

craig....... i won't tell her if you don.t....sshhhhhhhhh, the first five are sold to people who had the forsight to order and stick with it. waiting for it is a pain ! there is one left for sale of the first batch,,,,,,he who pays first ...flys first ,,,,,,,the factory closes for annual vacation on the 14th august for two weeks the next batch will be september....regards Malcolm
Old 08-03-2002, 02:27 AM
Modelman
My Feedback: (7)

Thanks Malcolm!

I gues I'll have to tell her, "No hon... That coffin the UPS man just dropped off is something for 'work'." Hey, It's worked before! Although I think she's wising-up...

Is it possible to post a few pics of how she looks out-of-the-box? I'd like to see the component quality (albiet it's probably flawless), before dropping the $$.

Thanks Malcolm!

Craig
Old 08-03-2002, 03:23 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now THAT is a cool looking airplane.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:41 PM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

Malcolm,

How easy is it to transport this plane? How does it break down? Also, what is included in the price you mentioned?

Thank you,

Mark M.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:05 PM
Malcolm Kay

Default Gryphon

mark mallory,,, the gryphon's wings are one piece with the upsweep molded in and they come off the fuse at the wing stub molded into the fuse they are mounted by phenolic tubes a twin seat cockpit and interior plus pilots come with the kit simple set of formers to glass in mountings for the turbine , hardware pack no doors are used, engine cover rudder etc. the plane uses spring air 402 "s and a kevlar tank fuse conforming ,of two litres capacity or 75 oz. Its 80' span and 80 " inlength weigt 24lbs regards .....malcolm