Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 BVM F-16 >

BVM F-16

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM F-16

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BVM F-16

it's not a Kress as Kress says plastic body nose cone this plane body is all fiberglass .
So I don't believe you.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:13 AM

deleted by jetsetter
Old 10-14-2004, 06:18 AM

[quote][/jettsetters post above
I have the prints manual and plane that all say it's BVM/
And as for my Attitude what do you expect when people don't read the other posts and ask the same question, who's time is wasted, if people felt it was a waste of thier time then they wouldn't post an answer or question at all.un less they like to waste thier time.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:21 AM

deleted by jetsetter
Old 10-14-2004, 08:29 AM
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

That Falcon has been pimped [X(]
Old 10-14-2004, 09:48 AM

From the pictures the nose of that airplane looks more like a Byron than a BVM. Also what color is the fiberglass inside? Is it green polyester glass or is it yellowish white epoxy glass? Is there an inlet in it still if so what is the diameter of it where the fan would attach? It is also entirely possible that the plans don't match the airframe that you are looking at.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:41 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

the guy could have sold you one thing and given you the manual from another... does the hatch have a portion of the vertical fin on the back of it? only about 3/4"

if the rear former is broken, you might try calling BV and see what a new former would cost. your other option is to create a gusset to cover the break I would go at least 2" either side of the break. the gusset should follow the same shape as the original former, basically laminating a piece to it. i would make it the same thickness as the original former.

i would not go crazy trying to reinforce too much on this. it will add weight very quickly.

I would compare the formers the gear is installed on against the documentation. My guess is that the formers have been modified to a point the bvm gear won't work. the price tag for the bv gear might scare you off a bit as well.

this thing is so tricked up from the original, i don't think too many folks here can help without actually seeing and digging into the model. i would not trust this particular airframe to a turbine. i would not spend any money in that direction. to the guys who have responded that know the BV F-16 intimately, not just the wings are different. bolt in whatever fan the guy modified this thing to accomodate, and see if it flies. and learn whatever you can take from this experience.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:49 AM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a Kress Jet, at least from behind the canopy to the tail cone. I know because in my early years I mistakenly built one.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:53 AM

Nice post, Patf.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:17 PM
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well let's throw some more in. The Spare wings which are the originals are TOO THICK to be BVM. Yes I am talking about the ones resting above the jet. The pictures shows the hatch to be smaller (lenght wise) but then again. None of us are there to see it and the pictures are not that great of quality to give you a better understanding. But heck all these folks are willing to help. So shoot a picture or two of the inside and we can better pick ( err I mean help) you better.

Turbulence
Old 10-14-2004, 12:48 PM

I currently have a original BVM DF F16 kit in my hands and from the pictures provided I do not see any of the detail work molded into the fusaladge like BVM has. Like the re-fueling probe on the nose. I also see from the picture that the rear bulkhead does not go completly around in the fusladge like BVM has. Also these wings are too thick, mine are about 1/2" thick. I would agree that the plans you have are from BVM but the plane is defently not BVM. The original fibergalss body is white along with the front intakes.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:14 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: 76Phantom

I currently have a original BVM DF F16 kit in my hands and from the pictures provided I do not see any of the detail work molded into the fusaladge like BVM has. Like the re-fueling probe on the nose..
The refuling port on an F-16 is on the fuselage spine, not in the nose. See, we can all make mistakes and this thread is going in the wrong direction. If I started this piling on, then I apologize lets get off of it.

Pat put the best post up in this thread, I would say follow it.

BTW Frank I will pass the message onto everyone at the Basin! I am terrible with names, but are you the guy that loaned me an airpump when my F-4 was grounded?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:16 PM

Fueling probe on the nose??
Old 10-14-2004, 01:25 PM

Yes I know it's on the side of the Fuse (spine). I was just try to say that it looked like it was not present in the pictures on this one.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:36 PM

Back to business,

Johnny, does the airplane have retracts mounts right now?? How is the fixed gear attached?

I agree with Pat, just try to enjoy the DF as it is, any further modifications may not be rewarding. It will still be fun once you get it into the air, remember that.

About the wings.........are they ribbed? foam?, glassed? I would not expect that DF to be too fast with that airfoil, however if you do go fast enough the wings may not hold, and break in the air.
Have you seen the jet fly with the large wing??

David
Old 10-14-2004, 04:34 PM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

That Falcon has been pimped [X(]

I STILL CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!!! David, you're too much!! Thanks for the laugh man. I just had lower back surgery and i'm stuck in bed and I definitely needed this laugh!!

Richie
Old 10-14-2004, 06:37 PM

Hi,

Actually, the refuel port on a falcon is directly on top of the fuse, right in the middle of that hatch. Anyway, I am fairly certain that the jet is an F-16 made by a long-out-of-business company called West Coast Models. Fiberglass fuse, long wings, fixed gear. That's the bird, and the shape of the intake gives it away.

Mystery solved.........?
Old 10-14-2004, 06:40 PM

in reply to just...
it's kinda greenish I'm going to get more pics but my camera isn't that great
Old 10-14-2004, 06:50 PM

in responce to PAT First off Thank you very much the only other post with this much info was from David ribbe.
and yes it is possible that gave me plans for the wrong plane as he did have two F-16's and the other one looks quite abit differant than this oone, and no part of the fin is not on the hatch although i see in the plan it should be, and he didn't attach the gear to the formers it almost looks like there is a peice of lite ply or something under the fiberglass since just in front of the former that the hatch sets on there about 2 1/2" flat then a step downof about 1/4"and on this flat is where he ran gear wire thru the guy had K&B fan unit a 91 i believe and I can get the motor from him with a new head. maybe I'll look at the other one and take pics before I buyand post to make sure that it is the BVM.
and thanks again for your info
Old 10-14-2004, 06:54 PM

I haven't seen the jet fly personaly but have talked to other people that have seen it fly and they said it flew well but was not as fast as it could be but much better behaved at landing speeds, and eiser to get off the ground as it didn't require as much ground speed for it to be willing to lift off
Old 10-14-2004, 07:03 PM

hey Matt you didn't start anythingyou tried to be helpful,
my real name is John , Frank is a friend of mine that lives here in ohio, but he knows alot of the Jet guys out there as he has been to the jet meet at apollo field plus other meets such as superman, toledo, and florida meetshe currently has 7 jets that are flyable 2 that aren't 1 because he's still building it a huge F-14 with sweepable wing, and the other is The other F-16 as it needs some repair.
my own hangar has Extra 300s 60, P-51d, F-20, the F-16, and I still have an old kadet 40
Old 10-14-2004, 07:20 PM

here are some better shots
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52979.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	182862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33692.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	182863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54634.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	182864  
Old 10-30-2004, 06:12 AM

Ok after some research it appears to be a jet hanger hobby f-16 based on measurements and materials used, I've decided I'll get the Ducted Fan that was in it, and fly it with that,
but I do have one thing I would like to add mainly for the guy that accused me of wasting everyones time.
Had I not wasted evryones time by asking for help on this plane, I may have just gone out and bought a 35 lb turbine stuck it in the plane, and showed up at the field where you fly for a maiden flight.
People generally ask for help when thier stuck or just don't know, if they stop asking questions because thier led to believe they're wasting others time, well I'll let you do the math since your such a Smart guy.
if you don't want to , can't or just have snyde remarks, to someones post asking for help your the only one wasteing Ok after some research it appears to be a jet hanger hobby f-16 based on measurements and materials used, I've decided I'll get the Ducted Fan that was in it, and fly it with that,
but I do have one thing I would like to add mainly for the guy that accused me of wasting everyones time.
Had I not wasted everyones time by asking for help on this plane, I may have just gone out and bought a 35 lb turbine stuck it in the plane, and showed up at the field where you fly for a maiden flight.
People generally ask for help when their stuck or just don't know, if they stop asking questions because their led to believe they're wasting others time, well I'll let you do the math since your such a Smart guy.
if you don't want to , can't or just have snide remarks, to someones post asking for help your the only one wasting others time. Let those that can help or have constructive comments be the people to reply,

my thanks go out to those that had helpful posts:
Dave ribbe, Mr Matt, just , and especially PATF, and any others that had constructive postsothers time. Let those that can help or have constructive comments be the people to reply,
Old 10-30-2004, 06:15 AM

sorry of last sentance wasn't supposed to be therein last postit ended after "constructive comments"
Old 02-01-2007, 07:02 AM

just a bit of an update, overly modified f-16 has kinda been scraped thanks to landlords construction crew, which is ok I think I should start with a jet thats 1 either new or built to stock, and 2 something a bit simpler than a f-16 jets I have in mind are BVM bandit, I think it 's yellow f-105or somethin similiar to the bandit, my main requirement is that it can start life as a DF version and be fairly easy to later change over to turbine, and not be too diffacult to fly lol, and due to my eye sight must be colorful lol another thing I won't do a delta wing type again due to eyesight lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.