Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

AIRWORLD in the U.S.?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

AIRWORLD in the U.S.?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AIRWORLD in the U.S.?

Does anyone import the Airworld line of Jets into the U.S.? where have any of you purchased the AirWorld kits from?

Turbulence
Old 11-23-2004, 02:08 PM
SAP_2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AIRWORLD in the U.S.?

Why not buy it straight from the source? That's normally the best and cheapest way.

A friend of mine bought the new Cougar a month back from Airworld. I was surprised of how BIG it was. Excellent details molded in. No ARF though... Gears and struts looked very though. The drum brakes is the best braking system I have seen yet, and the wheels are ball raced.

http://www.airworld.online.de/Englisch/Index.htm
Old 11-23-2004, 02:23 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto...I am trying to get an Airworld kit as well and the guy I used to deal with here in the US is MIA (Unbeaten Path Imports). The several factory direct Emails I've also sent have not been answered yet. I may just buy from a UK or other Euro source.

The quality of the kits is excellent, I have owned several large scale sailplane kits from Airworld and they were great to build and fly.

Barry
Old 11-23-2004, 02:27 PM
dbarrym

Staale -

Tell me more about the Cougar!!! I have serious hots for an F9F, especially one this big. That's the kit I am looking to get.

By "not an ARF" do you mean lots of work remaining (which is fine) or do you mean it needs to be engineered/re-engineered?

Barry
Old 11-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Chris True
My Feedback: (14)

The owner of Unbeaten Path Imports died several years ago - that's why he is MIA.

Dieter (Manheim I beleive) at Shredair - www.shredair.com brings in German imports. I'm sure if you contact him he will arrange everything for you, be advised that it is not cheap as he will engage whatever brokers and insurance are necessary to get such a large expensive package to you undamaged. But, his business is importing high dollar glass molded sailplanes from Germany. He's very good at it, speaks german and is trustworthy.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Rojeck
My Feedback: (22)

Try Malcolm Kay in Florida, I believe he is the new importer for all Airworld products.

Sung
Old 11-23-2004, 02:41 PM
dbarrym

Thanks for the info, Sung and Chris!

I know Dieter, have bought from/sold to him numerous times - he's a great guy. Did not know he sold Airworld stuff, though. I'm also going to check with Helmut at Dymond, he's local (now) and imports quite a bit from that part of the world as well.

Barry
Old 11-23-2004, 04:14 PM
SAP_2000

ORIGINAL: dbarrym

Staale -

Tell me more about the Cougar!!! I have serious hots for an F9F, especially one this big. That's the kit I am looking to get.

By "not an ARF" do you mean lots of work remaining (which is fine) or do you mean it needs to be engineered/re-engineered?

Barry
I meant that it had a bit of work remaining, and therefore not an ARF.

It is very big indeed. It is 1/5 scale, so you get a lot of volume in the fuse. The fuse diameter reminds me of a giant scale Gee Bee... The molding work was first class. All panels rivets etc is molded in like on the C-ARF Mig 15. Control surfaces are flexi hinged. My friend is cutting them out and hinging them the traditional way to make them more scale. Specially the flaperons. Don't know exactly which Cougar they have molded the Airworld Cougar after, but this one has flaperons extending a little less than 3/4 out on the wings. The Cougar he is modeling after has a aileron trim ''spoiler'' on the outside of the flaperons on the left wing only, and he is thinking of building that one in as well.

He is also custom building in a working arresting hook, dive brakes, belly flaps, working tail skid, operational sliding canopy (7'' stroke) etc. Struts and wheels are very big. The struts have a lot of details on them and are almost 1 inch thick. The nose wheel steering servo is mounted directly on the retract so no cables or rods are needed. Brilliantly engineered! Nose cone is removable and underneath it is a tray shaped like a cross with space for all valves, sequencers ECU, receiver batteries etc. for easy monitoring and servicing. And if I remember correctly, it had LE slats too.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:27 PM
SAP_2000

Here's a pic of the brakes... Just beautiful....
Old 11-23-2004, 05:16 PM
dbarrym

Day-em, boys, just got some local quotes for the Cougar and Panther kits.

We need to get the dollar back up against the Euro, QUICK, as we are now talking serious dollars. I mean BVM F-100F type kit prices. And the shipping is also some serious $$.

I'm still gonna get one but it may be a few more months, even if Mommy increases my allowance!

Staale, thanks for the pics - that brake looks sweet!

barry