Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 03:40 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust

ORIGINAL: Scott Douglas

Well, here's another one! I just have some minor tweaking to do and it's bicycle-clip time

Regards
Scott

do yourself a favour and get a fod screen.
you wont belive what it will pick up in your fuselage , how clean it is it will find something to mess up your day....
Old 07-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Extractor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats Great Dany......do you happen to have some pictures....i would like to make this mod for mine ...have not had a problem but would like to know exactly how you fabricated it and where you actually placed it.....is this glued to the Canopy of the Intro Boomerang??

Be Safe my friend...

Regards,

Steve
Old 07-21-2006, 01:15 AM
traxxas

ORIGINAL: Scott Douglas

Well, here's another one! I just have some minor tweaking to do and it's bicycle-clip time

Regards
Scott

This weekend?

I've just finished mine, so can I borrow your bicycle-clips for a while

Old 07-21-2006, 05:08 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Steve,

Unfortunately I am not able to provide you with pictures of my actual set up due to prevailing situation in Lebanon. Meantime, please find a couple of pictures already posted on this thread which will guide you through this step. I had to do a couple of baffles (3mm hard balsa) before i had one that I was happy with. Baffle is glued with 30 minutes epoxy and milled fiberglass to the former on the canopy (half way over turbine position).
Check out the pictures below. (for your guidance drawing of baffle is not accurate), but you can use given dimensions for a start and you can fine tune from there.
Finally, have applied two coats of BVM heatshield paint to protect the whole area including baffle.

Regards. Dany
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19812.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	494454   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45922.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	494455  
Old 07-21-2006, 06:14 AM
Scott Douglas

Hi Mike,

Not this weekend I'm afraid, I moved house recently so even getting a small chance to work on it's been a miracle. After a few troubles aligning the booms/dowels (I know you had fun too) I've got some a little soldering to do, secure the batteries and try to strenghten the noseleg, it seems very weak. [:@]

Still, on the plus side my new hanger's almost ready and I can get my F16 and F18 brought over now. I'm off on holiday soon as well so.. do I fly it before and risk being in a bad mood for 2 weeks or leave it and look forward to it when I get back??

Regards
Scott
Old 07-21-2006, 11:34 AM
TREADSTONE

ORIGINAL: traxxas

...why is everything so green and springlike up where you are..?...this was taken last week..our Lawns are all brown and cracked..[:-]

Old 07-21-2006, 02:30 PM
David JS

Steve

This is how my baffle has turned out.

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90351.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	494676  
Old 07-22-2006, 12:46 PM
traxxas

Mine was maidened this afternoon. Managed only one flight as the wind direction changed and our alternative runway is a bit shorter and I wasn't sure of the model yet.

But, the flight went reasonably ok. Took off with flaps extended, probably too much flap and not enough elevator compensating for the flaps, took about two circuits to remember about the flaps (only model I have that has them), Once I'd realised that and raised the flap, the model was trimmed out and flew quite well.

I'd set the timer for three minutes, then it was time to try some approaches. No sweat though, it was down on the first approach, a really easy to land model. It was coming in a bit quick for a start, but dropping back to idle and lowering the flap completely fair dragged off the speed and it was effortless.

Hopefully I'll get another chance tomorrow. Never tried the retracts up, didn't want to add another issue on the first flight. But I have to say that those Digitech Oleo Struts made the grass landing feel like tarmac.

Thanks for all the advice I've received on the forum.

Brilliant model

Old 07-26-2006, 03:01 AM
himagain

ORIGINAL: Theyardarm

Carbon fibre wing tube stuck!!!!!!!!!!! Any ideas????????????

The cabon fibre wing tube on my Intro was a very tight fit and I made the mistake of lightly tapping it in - guess what - I cant budge it now - no chance of getting it out - any bright ideas?????

Have you tried leaving the model out in the sun. I was rigging mine the other day and the normally tight tube was real sloppy

Its worth a go
Old 07-26-2006, 06:47 AM
TREADSTONE

ORIGINAL: himagain
Have you tried leaving the model out in the sun. I was rigging mine the other day and the normally tight tube was real sloppy
Its worth a go
[/quote]

..Did your oracover go at all wrinkley in the sun by any chance...Cant say i have had any trouble with sloppy tubes...i guess time will tell..
Old 07-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Extractor

Thanks David,

Did you trace from Alans drawing and is this just balsa??? what type of wood did you use for this...Looks like you have a nice fit in Canopy..

Regards,

Steve
Old 07-26-2006, 03:33 PM
David JS

Steve

I recreated the template on graph paper from the photo on this thread. To be honest it would be just as easy to get some thin card and create the shape by trial and error. It was oversized for my engine set up, so I had to carve it to get the correct clearance once installed (just a case of trying the hatch for fit and looking down the exhaust end, gradually removing material until I was happy).

My baffle is made from liteply, and is fuel proofed where not painted with heat resistant paint.

David
Old 07-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Extractor

Thanks for the info David !!...I think the trial and error method with a thin type of paper or cardboard will suffice...Thanks again..

Steve
Old 08-02-2006, 05:35 PM
gmeister
My Feedback: (8)

Started building my BB today. This is a great kit. It shows you dont have to give Bob $4000 to get a good kit and good flying airplane.

Is everyone using the supplied hinges without any problem. What servos? I am planning on using Futaba 3050s which are 92 OZ on 6V.

Has anyone put a P70 in the BB. Looks like a tight fit.

Gary

Old 08-03-2006, 05:29 AM
av8rk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gary,

you will like the BB very much.....i liked the 1st one so much i got a 2nd kit to keep on hand as a spare.....mine uses a P-60 for power and it's perfect.....i used the spring-air retract package that's an option with the kit and they work great.....i also used BVM wheels and brakes on mine.....do yourself a favor and get the Mueller fuel tank for it.....it's an extra 25 oz. of fuel and it's custom molded to fit in the tank compartment.....i also used the supplied hinges and they work fine.....mine is geared up with all futaba servos.....i use 9202's on the elevator and ailerons, everything else uses std futaba servos.....balance it right on the center of the carbon wing tube.....that position works great for me.....got questions ?....PM or email me anytime......the BB is a great model.....

Richard
Old 08-05-2006, 11:11 AM
frothingslosh
My Feedback: (6)

Anyone have a link to the Mueller fuel tanks, specifically the one for the BB???

Frothingslosh
Old 08-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Spartan Missile

2nd tank down on this page:

http://www.angelfire.com/wi/jettech/page2.html

ORIGINAL: frothingslosh
Anyone have a link to the Mueller fuel tanks, specifically the one for the BB???
Frothingslosh
Old 08-05-2006, 01:45 PM
shesha

I just got my jet tech tank, ordered it from Dreamworks, good delivery time and follow-up.

The tank is worth the investment, and honestly I would have thought it would be heavy, turns out to be much lighter then the dubro 50 oz tank.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:15 PM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Im just about to order my intro from alan,

Ive searched the thread, but can find little info on rail mounted front U/C. ( Im retiring a stingray so happen to have all the kit including spring air 30-1/2?s)

Is there enough room up front for a standard servo, or would some cunning pull-pull wires be required?
Old 08-06-2006, 04:39 AM
Charts

Hi Gang

Alas, I must report the untimely demise of my Intro [&o]

For some reason, as yet unknown, the model went into fail safe on a 'dirty pass' before landing and nosed in on the rwy from about 60ft. I doubt I will ever set the fail safe system again!!

The engine has gone for repair and doesn't seem to be too badly damaged. My 9x will be going away for a service to see if the problem was caused from it. I got most of the equipment out of the model and the wings are relatively untouched (any one needs them, PM me). But I did lose the SA 101HD nose unit (anyone has one PM me!)

The Intro is a fantastic model and I'll have one again in the future I'm sure. Got other irons in the fire for now though!

Chris
Old 08-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Turbinac

Reply to bidrseed2.
The Intro(called Baby Boomerang now) uses a bulkhead (firewall) mounted nose retract. But it's easy to use a rail mounted retract by mounting it on a 19 size glo motor nylon or plastic motor mount bolted to the bulkhead. The servo mount can be turned to sideways across the retract compartment to accommodate pull-pull wire linkage.
Alan
Old 08-06-2006, 11:11 AM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks turbinac, That will save me £50 by avoiding having to buy a new one.

It had looked from a few of the photos that the servo mount was fixed, and that there wasnt room at the front for the servo. Its good to know it will work with my retract.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Turbinac

The servo mount is fixed, but not too hard to re-set differently, just requires a little ingenuity.
Alan
Old 08-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Mike Fielder

Just need to say that having called Alan a few time. the customer service is A++++++++++++++. even if it was not the model certainly is, Best flying model I have flown. If i had to leave one of my jets behind it would be the hawk or the kangaroo ,never the Boomerang.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:22 PM
frothingslosh
My Feedback: (6)

Hi everyone. Hope there are still a few guys watching this thread!!!

I'm getting ready to mount my new JetCat P70 in my new (first jet) Baby Boomerang. I find that I'm going to have to add some spacers to the wooden fuse. motor mounts to get the engine to clear the lower bulkheads. Am wondering what is the min. space I need to allow between the engine and lower bulkheads?

Also, I'll need to trim the outer edges of the engine mounts a little to get them to fit within the fuse., and cut some off the front of the mounts to get the engine as far forward as possible. Is this the way everyone else is doing it with the P70???

Thanks in advance for your time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.