Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bob Price ram ecu upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bob Price ram ecu upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 08:06 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Bob Price ram ecu upgrade

I recently sent in my Ram 750p ecu to Bob Price for the latest software and failsafe install.My autostart ecu was the oldest software revision. Bob turned the ecu repair around in about a week and it works great, the cost is very fair too. I needed to remove the permax 280 starter motor and go back the the original speed 300 as the new ecu now gradually brings up the starter motor to speed and instead of full voltage all at once like the old software and the 280 does not have the rpm to get a clean start. I ran about a ten starts and there were no misfires or shut downs. The failsafe works and the info is displayed all on one page for easy access, very user friendly for sure.
V..
Old 12-15-2004, 08:16 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Bob Price ram ecu upgrade

Bob is part of our "Austin Gang" down here and he gets a lot of greif (some of it well deserved ) I mean, we just had our club christmas party this past weekend, and boy is he the butt of a lot of funny ones.

But the truth is, they cracked the mold when they made this guy. He's forgotten more about some of this stuff than most will ever know. He really is one of the good ones. Glad to hear it all worked out for you.

Sean
Old 12-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Sean wrote:

<<<But the truth is, they cracked the mold when they made this guy. He's forgotten more about some of this stuff than most will ever know. He really is one of the good ones. Glad to hear it all worked out for you.>>>

That is so true, Bob is nice guy and real mad scientist!! He made it out to the Tucson jet rally this year and we had some laughs. He was bugging me to send in the ecu since then for the upgrade but i told him he would only screw up my good running engine!!(only kidding Bob) he he he!! i am very pleased with smoother starts now and the enhanced features.
V..
Old 12-15-2004, 09:05 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI--For those that may be trying to get hold of Bob Price, he is out of town this week and should be back home Friday night if he doesn't get lost on his way back to the airport. AGAIN [X(]