Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

91VRDF compatibility with Viojett

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
OS91/Ramtec
47.06%
OS91/Dynamax
52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

91VRDF compatibility with Viojett

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 07:24 AM
Miniflyer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 91VRDF compatibility with Viojett

I'm suprised to hear someone had such bad experiences with a ramtec/OS. I've had that combo up and running with 70cm² and was doing just fine with the ramtec. Even traded in my 2 dynamax's for ramtecs....

To put it on the point: fan selection is a matter of personal preference if stuck between Dynamax and Ramtec. A Ramtec-fan will always wind up buying the ramtec, the dynamax-guys will be running "their thing". I've seen em both and tend to prefer the ramtec. I know it works great in the 1/8 hawk, but surely the dynamax won't be performing bad either.
In the end it's all up to you, dave, but if you want to vote, my voice goes to ramtec
Old 12-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: 91VRDF compatibility with Viojett

Hi,
I had a Starfire with a viojett/OS91 combo,and it was storming.Clearly faster than any df plane I have seen other than viper/aggressors.Motor ran reliably on Wildcat Jet-A(5%).And showed no increased signs of wear after many flights.I bought it from Shaun Evans(Yellow Aircraft),and he had already modified the intake ducting for the viojett.Key is,no lean runs.With inflight mixture maxxed for takeoff,then backed off until nice thick smoke trail,this combo rocks.That was my favorite df airplane.Sold it when I went turbine.Good luck!![8D]
Erik