Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JDE now has NEW 54 size turbine wheels

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JDE now has NEW 54 size turbine wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 04:27 AM
randykrul
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDE now has NEW 54 size turbine wheels

JDE has new turbine wheels which are made in the US. Dennis has been working on this for a long time, after extensive testing, the results were even better than expected.

I personally observed the new turbine wheel in action today. The wheel was put on a WREN 54 (MK1 kit engine) and was run several times. We did not change anything else. The engine started easier and at around 15,000 rpm it ramped up all by itself. This will greatly improve the effect of autostart and electric start. The engine also puts out about 1/2 to 1 lb more thrust. The engine also ran a lot cooler with the JDE turbine wheel. The new turbine wheels are visibly high quality and perfect in all dimensions. The Aerospace engineering really paid off and the foundry quality is superb. The design is different than previous wheels and the thought and engineering paid off with a better than expected product. These can be put on any 54 size engine, RAM 500, WREN 54 etc. So if you are looking for a replacement turbine wheel call Dennis at JDE and get your order in, he can also balance it dynamically if you send in your shaft and compressor, this is highly recommended, other wise you will be buying a lot of bearings. For all of the technical details you will have to ask Dennis. I am just telling you what I saw. The best part, for me, is that this US made and will make getting these parts much easier.

I have 2 of these WREN kit engines myself and I also have one of the newer JDE production engines. I am putting one of these new turbines on one of my kit engines now and will replace the others as soon as I can afford it.
Dennis is only an ECU away from an all USA made Turbine engine. I think the pumps are still European but they are readily available and work great so there is no need to change them. The bearings are still made in Germany but they are always available as well.

You can go the the JDE web site and see a photo of the new wheel.

I am not part of JDE, I am just a customer and am excited about this new product.

http://jdenterprise.net/
http://jdenterprise.net/JDE%20Wheel.JPG