Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Golden West FD-3/67 turbine; possible new run of these 8lb thrust engines

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Golden West FD-3/67 turbine; possible new run of these 8lb thrust engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 04:06 PM
TJK
My Feedback: (69)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Golden West FD-3/67 turbine; possible new run of these 8lb thrust engines

I received a phone call yesterday from Krystyna of Golden West models. My FD-3/67 engine was in for servicing and she called to let me know the work was complete and the engine was on it's way back to me.

In the course of our converstaion, Krystyna told me that her husband Tad Krzanowski was considering another production run of the FD-3/67. I told her that I tought there was a market for these engines and asked if she would like further feedback from the jet community.

What do you think? Golden West would like to hear from anyone with interest in the FD-3/67. The e-mail address is;

[email protected]

I've already cast my vote in the "yes" column!

Tom

By the way, they have one FD-3/67 available for sale
Old 09-07-2002, 05:53 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Golden West FD-3/67 turbine; possible new run of these 8lb thrust engines

is that a propane engine?
Old 09-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

No, kero. Starts on propane.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:30 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FD3/67

According to "Mikes Jet Book", the Golden West turbine was a liscensed engine based on Schrecklings FD3 design. Weight is 900 grams, or 2 pounds. It came with a hair dryer for start up, and I believe like Kurts' engine required some gasoline mixed into the kerosene (like 10 or 15% I think). It does have a separate oil tank, but maybe they can re-engineer it for a mix like the current designs? It seems to have a good ECU, reading RPM and EGT like the new ones, and even allows downloading to a PC after the runs.

I dont have the dimensions but from the pics looks like the size of my Wren 54.

Andrew
Old 09-08-2002, 05:39 PM
vortex00
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FD3/67 operators?

Is anyone running the 3/67 currently? If so, in what?

They are good engines and run reliably. The length is 8.7", 4.3" dia. It would be nice if there was a way to get 10# of thrust out of it. I'm currently flying one in a Midwest He-162. It's been my testbed. Initially flown with a dynamax/OS65, it now flys with the turbine. Carrys 46oz of fuel. A mixture of K-1 and Coleman fuel(white gas).

Jack
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	24981_2421.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	15870