Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JHH F-86 w/OS91-Dynamax questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JHH F-86 w/OS91-Dynamax questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 05:08 AM
r3bldr
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JHH F-86 w/OS91-Dynamax questions

I'm sure someone here has built this kit/fan combination successfully and is having fun flying it. I've purchased this jet allready built but not quite ready to fly and it didn't have any exhaust ducting in it yet. I bought the exhaust liner from JetHangar and started installing it, but the fit in the fuselage and up against the fan is a bit tight to say the least. I'd like to hear from somebody who's done this just how they got that ducting installed and especially how they got the top of the engine cooled properly.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:22 AM
GeorgeR
My Feedback: (2)

Hi,

I had a JHH F-86 with a Rossi 65/Dynamax and it fly great, yours should be even better. Keep it light and simple. Mine had wire gear, no flaps. The JHH ducting is designed for the smaller 45 size engines (not as tall as the 91). You might have to make or modify the "cap" over the engine to allow for clearance. Also make sure it fits under the top hatch well. With the 91 and the longer tuned pipe, there is almost no goo at all on the aircraft after flying.

I fly turbines now but I have a JHH F-86 that I plan on building with a Viofan/BVM 91, to operate at fields that do not allow turbines.

Keep it light and simple. Mine had film on the wings and paint on the fuse.

Good luck,

George
Old 09-10-2002, 11:39 AM
MiragePilot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend of mine in Atlanta has just finished his JHH F86 with a Dynamax and OS 77 for power. He installed a full inlet liner, along with the cheater hole, and his JHH F-86 is the fasted JHH F-86 I have ever seen. It holds its own against the Viojet powered BVM F-86 (a fellow jet flyer has one and they fly together). I have also seen a JHH F-86 flying with a Dynamax + OS 65 VRDF. It flies very well too.

As I recall, He uses the stock Y/A Starfire engine cover cap, but I'm not sure which thrust tube he is using.

Peter
Old 09-11-2002, 02:18 AM
S HARRIS

I HAVE A JHH F-86 WITH TE OS91/DYNAMAX SET UP. THIS PLANE IS LOADED WITH FLAPS, SPEED BRAKES, MIX CONTROL, BRAKES, AND ALL THE REGULAR STUFF. IT CAME OUT AT 12.5 LBS, DRY. ALTHOUGH HEAVY IT DOES FLY REALLY WELL. I HAVE TO SAY AFTER ATLEAST 150 FLIGHTS, THE LANDING ARE VERY PREDICTABLE DUE TO THE HIGH WING LOADING. THE MAIN REASON I CHOOSE THE 91 IS FOR RELIABLITY,AND THE EXTRA POWER DOEN'T HURT EITHER. THE TOP SPEED ISN'T MUCH TO BRAG ABOUT, I HAVE SEEN TIMS (GUY FROM ATLANTA) FLY AND HE DEFFIENTLY HAS THE SPEED!! ANY WAY, I GUESS THE ONLY INSTALL PROBLEM I RAN INTO WAS THE EXHAUST DUCTING SINCE THE PIPE IN A BIT HIGHER IN THE DUCT THAN LETS SAY A OS46, BUT ITS EASY TO MAKE THAT ADJUSTMENT IN THE DUCTWORK. HOPE THIS INFO HELPS. GOOD LUCK SCOTT