Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetJoe OWNERS thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetJoe OWNERS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Tony abw60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JetJoe OWNERS thread

Look guy's, looks like Rorrock don't need any advice, let him spend his money on whatever he wants, so don't waste your time.
He comes on here asks for opinions and advice and it starts yet another flame war.
My advice to all who don't have or don't want a JJ., Just let those that do want one, have one.
My 2 pence worth.
Tony
Old 02-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Tom in Cincy
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: Woketman

I am VERY inclined to believe that the JJ he had that blew did so due to inferior manufacturing techniques, inferior materials, inferior workmanship, inferior quality control, or a combination of all of the above. .

You forgot over revving
Old 02-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, at least a JJ does not over rev the MasterCard.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:21 PM
dw_crash
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Gents,

This engine exploding line has run it's course. Let's get on to another topic.

I have had people I know have 'name brand' engines explode. These engines are under high stress. And, it doesn't take much for an explosion. I know of two cases where, one was a grasshopper, and the other some other bug, went into the engine. The impellor was damaged and caused the engine to shred itself. Another case, I was told was a piece of dirt. It plugged the rear bearing oil nozzle. The bearing seized and the engine exploded. All were name brand engines. All exploded. So, things other besides quality can cause an engine failure. The plugged oil line is one that could happen to anyone.....

So, you need to analyze the failure before jumping in and saying poor quality....Junk.

DW_Crash
Old 02-10-2008, 10:26 PM
knobby1

ORIGINAL: dw_crash

Hello Gents,

I have had people I know have 'name brand' engines explode. These engines are under high stress. And, it doesn't take much for an explosion. I know of two cases where, one was a grasshopper, and the other some other bug, went into the engine. The impellor was damaged and caused the engine to shred itself. Another case, I was told was a piece of dirt. It plugged the rear bearing oil nozzle. The bearing seized and the engine exploded. All were name brand engines. All exploded. So, things other besides quality can cause an engine failure. The plugged oil line is one that could happen to anyone.....

So, you need to analyze the failure before jumping in and saying poor quality....Junk.

DW_Crash
Hear Hear DW, Well said.

So can we please get onto helping each other with these engines rather than slagging each other, I thought that's what this forum was all about...!!!

Cheers,
Smithy.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:28 PM
rorrock

Hello Gents,

DW_Crash
Thanks DW_crash..
Its good to get a bipartisan view with this.. highlights that no matter what turbine i decide on a FOD shield would be a great idea..

Rob
Old 02-10-2008, 10:42 PM
knobby1

ORIGINAL: rorrock

Thanks DW_crash..
Its good to get a bipartisan view with this.. highlights that no matter what turbine i decide on a FOD shield would be a great idea..

Rob
Strangely enough, the JJ's all now come standard with a FOD screen, as do many others.

Cheers,
Smithy.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:24 AM
rcdriver22
My Feedback: (1)

Hi erezz

I don't know of any rc magazine that has reviewed a JJ turbine independently. So there is nothing in print and most modellers like to read an article on the product they intend buying. I do know the Jet Power magazine had reviewed a JJ and the German JJ rep subsequently withdrew it, prior to going to print, due to the highlighted engineering faults. Thats all in the back issues and on record. Of course the reviewer was only a past chair of the International Jet Modeller Council IJMC (the World Jet Competition) so he'd not really know very much having reviewed JetCat's, JetCentral's, Simjet's, AMT's, Behotec's, Wrens and PST's and just about every turbine in production and he would obviously be prejudiced.

Just checked the JJ site and the German guy is no longer the European importer (not for the UK). With German sales laws requiring items to be "fit for purpose" several JJ owners were bringing a Class Action to court. Have you noticed that keeps happening, thats four different UK reps in a few years. The sales must be huge if they can keep retiring after a few months.

Paul
Old 02-11-2008, 10:27 AM
erazz

ORIGINAL: rcdriver22

Have you noticed that keeps happening, thats four different UK reps in a few years. The sales must be huge if they can keep retiring after a few months.

Never thought about it that way... Hmmm.... Hey, mayby I'll try to be a JJ rep! Sure could use the money.

Seriously, I just looove the argument: "they haven't blown up yet". That's just like saying "I haven't crashed on anyone yet so I don't need insurance".
Can other engines blow up? Sure! The difference is the margin of safety. X-rayed turbine wheel certification just says "hey, this thin won't blow up". You can still jet a perfectly functional JJ turbine wheel. But how do you know? Do you guys feel safe standing around them? I sure don't.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Ed

rcdriver22 and erazz : Don't you have anything better to do ? Shame on you ! These poor people come here in an effort to sought out their problems, and learn while doing it, and wise*****'s like you, Gaspar, and Rigotti come here, and disrupt a nice on going thread that is proving valuable to most. Why can't you just leave these people alone ? Unless you have something constructive to contribute, please have the decency to allow these people to get on with what they enjoy most.

And Gaspar ................. Don't come back and tell us that you are helping people by telling them not to buy Jet Joe. That just doesn't cut it any more, and has gotten old. This thread is for " Jet Joe Owners ", so please have the courtesy and decency to stay away. Thank you.

> Jim
Old 02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Tom in Cincy
My Feedback: (16)

Jim, couldn't agree with you more. The reason they continue is in hopes the moderators will shut down this thread. They must feel some kind of financial threat to their toy turbine investment if JJ continues to sell well. It has nothing to do with our safety or concern for anyone but themselves. The mods just need to do another purge, offer a little vacation time to the bashers and get this thread back on track.
The weather here in Ohio has been really unfriendly to us flyers. Hope to post pictures of my Falcon 120 & JJ1400 next month.
We are going to have our first Jet Fly-In in the area for quite a while, this July, at the Middletown Airport. Should be fun.

Tp
Happy JJ1400 owner sn# 04142.
C ya @ the field....
Old 02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
TREADSTONE

ORIGINAL: GeeBeeJim

rcdriver22 and erazz : Don't you have anything better to do ? Shame on you ! These poor people come here in an effort to sought out their problems, and learn while doing it, and wise*****'s like you, Gaspar, and Rigotti come here, and disrupt a nice on going thread that is proving valuable to most. Why can't you just leave these people alone ? Unless you have something constructive to contribute, please have the decency to allow these people to get on with what they enjoy most.

And Gaspar ................. Don't come back and tell us that you are helping people by telling them not to buy Jet Joe. That just doesn't cut it any more, and has gotten old. This thread is for " Jet Joe Owners ", so please have the courtesy and decency to stay away. Thank you.

> Jim

Well Jim, after a post like that some would say its now open season on here.

Maybe you should constrain your coments to areas and people you have some comprehension of.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Ed

" Well Jim, after a post like that some would say its now open season on here.
Maybe you should constrain your coments to areas and people you have some comprehension of. "

Whoops .......... Sorry that I missed you TREADSTONE, I should have included your name as well. As far as comprehension goes, I can only "comprehend" that there are some mean, and nasty old people who come here to do nothing more then "BASH" other peoples products. They are very pathetic, narrow-minded, and people of extremely shallow character.

Again .......... I apologize for missing you. I will now make an effort to include your name as well, on my Mean Nasty Old Men list.

Now, let's knock off the childish product bashing, and get back to the technical stuff !

> Jim
Old 02-11-2008, 11:50 PM
TREADSTONE

... and get back to the technical stuff !

> Jim

JetJoe & Technical stuff....Questionable at best...

ORIGINAL: Gaspar

The people at JJ don't have any idea of why a jet engine works, and simply had take a engine, dissasembled and copied the parts. Don't ask them for anything technical, they will limit to dissasemble and reasemble the engine again. Nor will test the engine nor they know how to do it.

GAspar
Old 02-12-2008, 01:03 AM
molo_30

If you ignore them and concentrate on what is important then they will eventually die off. So everybody, bite your lip, stop responding to them and lets get on with it.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:09 AM
rcdriver22
My Feedback: (1)

Don't you have anything better to do ? Shame on you ! These poor people come here in an effort to sought out their problems, and learn while doing it,

Jim
Jim

I've been posting into this thread since 2005 and thats about 1500 posts ago. When you ask "could someone post a drawing of everything that's used in a full auto start installation ? It would be nice if I had a sketch of everything that's used, and where it's located." Your missing my point that this is usually to be seen illustrated within a good jet mag review, except no JJ engine has
ever been reviewed.

To be fair I have also given assistance and advice through PMs to get their turbines up and running, even to a JJ rep. Also when Jetjoe ECUs and FADECs have failed to operate, 99% of the time its down to the owner goofing up, changing this or that because JJ failed to print off and send out the instructions. It has been Gasper who allways came to the rescue and has provided the backup worldwide. There must be dozens who reversed the polarity and fried their ECU because there was no instructions and warning by JJ.

Paul

Old 02-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Ed

" To be fair I have also given assistance and advice through PMs to get their turbines up and running, even to a JJ rep. "

Well stated Paul ; And after careful review of your contribution to this thread, I will remove your name from my Mean Nasty Old Men List . However, the others still stand .

Just try to refrain from putting down the JJ too badly in the future. It's called Product Bashing, and it's not supposed to be allowed here.

You are on Good Behavior.

Adios Amigo > Jim
Old 02-12-2008, 11:44 AM
TREADSTONE

Whoops .......... Sorry that I missed you TREADSTONE, I should have included your name as well. Jim
I guess myself, Gaspar & Dave Rigotti are not on the Christmas card list then..[]

Well stated Paul ; And after careful review of your contribution to this thread, I will remove your name from my Mean Nasty Old Men List . However, the others still stand .

You are on Good Behavior.

Adios Amigo > Jim

Should we al be in the corner of the room facing the wall with a pointy monogrammed hat on ..

Old 02-12-2008, 12:54 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

. Scott
Old 02-12-2008, 01:56 PM
TREADSTONE

Whoops .......... Sorry that I missed you TREADSTONE, I should have included your name as well. .

Again .......... I apologize for missing you. I will now make an effort to include your name as well, on my Mean Nasty Old Men list.

> Jim
Oh !....and another thing while were here... can we have a bit less of the Old
Old 02-12-2008, 02:25 PM
erazz

Old?

Look I can understand nasty.... Mean... (mostly true actually) But old?

On the other hand I've never been on any list before..... Kinda nice Any fringe benefits?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:53 PM
rorrock

Maybe someone should start a flame thread.. just to see if you can nuke a forum topic..
And then everyone move into that to cut loose..
That way the jj owners can come back on and discuss their turbines, and i can see what they have to say.

Rob
Old 02-12-2008, 05:40 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcguy!

ORIGINAL: i3dm

erazz, me and my buddies (which you probably know) have 5 JJs running perfect - can you advise what are these so called "dangerous features" so we could be alerted as well ?
id3m,
Can you tell us all how many hours are on each one of there JJ1400 your buddies have? No guesses please, real numbers. AND the service history on each, in detail?

Has any gone 25 hours without needing service other than a glowplug or starter Oring?

How about if YOU start stating some hard facts for the rest of the JJ1400 owners to follow?

I've asked this same question several times and I 've only seen 1 reply with real numbers.

Dave
id3m,
I ask again for this information?

Dave
Old 02-12-2008, 06:31 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: knobby1

Hello Gents,

DW_Crash
Hear Hear DW, Well said.

So can we please get onto helping each other with these engines rather than slagging each other, I thought that's what this forum was all about...!!!

Cheers,
Smithy.
lol, "slag", was that a Freudian slip?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 PM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Dave,

I need to go and check each of my friend's ECU's - it might take a while.

For sure, we dont have 25 hours on any of them. probably 5 hours tops at this point with no service...

I had a bearing failure with mine after about 5 hours (well detailed on RCU) and JJ replaced all parts with NEW no questions asked, i thought the service was great ! i had it back in my hands and running less than 2 weeks from the day it broke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.