Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RAM Business Conditions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RAM Business Conditions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 06:34 PM
pmriser
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAM Business Conditions

Hi everyone,

Is Rei Gonzales still a principal at RAM? And by that I do not mean "does Rei still fly with RAM" or "does Rei still know RAM" or "does Rei still return phone calls from Albert"...

I mean is his involvement the same as it was 6 months ago?

These guys are (were?) the biggest turbine supplier in the US...so if this is true what does it mean for RAM and for turbines in general...are we all going to have to throw away or old motors and get ready to buy whatever garage shop shows up on a Tuesday morning?

Vicki

PS what happened to their reps, have they fired them (or some of them?)
Old 01-04-2002, 07:00 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Why do you want to know???
Old 01-04-2002, 08:00 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

i been hearing stories about a major change at RAM.
the silent 3rd partner has jumped ship and at least one of the vocal leaders is not there anymore, or so the story is going.
as the turbin spins<G>
Old 01-04-2002, 08:38 PM
pmriser
Banned

Default just curious

Seems like mongo heard the same thing, I guess we would want to know if our turbines are going to become paperweights...or science fair projects like JackJet is going through with the Sophia!!
Old 01-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Jackjet

Default Re: just curious

Originally posted by pmriser
Seems like mongo heard the same thing, I guess we would want to know if our turbines are going to become paperweights...or science fair projects like JackJet is going through with the Sophia!!
Pmriser,

you could not have said it any better-but there has to be someway to get this engine to run...........

Jackjet
Old 01-04-2002, 10:16 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Throwing away RAM Turbines

Any of you folks crazy enough to throw away your RAM turbines can just throw them my way.
Old 01-04-2002, 11:04 PM
Terry Holston

I was told by a Ram Rep that Rei And Albert are both out of town until Monday Jan 7,02.
If you want to throw away all those Rams, throw them my way. I have a couple of new projects in dire need!!!!!!

Terry
Old 01-04-2002, 11:15 PM
jason

I spoke to RAM about the 500 I ordered today and everything seemed OK. Apparently they no longer machine the engines at there old premise that is used for assembly and development work only, the parts manufacturing is being done two blocks away by another company who make medical equipment ect.

Well thats the story I got anyway!

Jason
Old 01-04-2002, 11:24 PM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks Jason! I really had to take a pill after reading all this today. I know they are working on fixing the bugs (which most mini turbines have) I just wish they would keep us a bit more informed as to whats going on. BTW here is my little website of my Roo still in the building stage. I have to glass it, paint it, do a littler more plumbing, and mount the turbine and it's done.
All my best. Bkf
http://home.rochester.rr.com/sar/
Old 01-04-2002, 11:35 PM
pmriser
Banned

Default ughh

You guys pull your heads out of the sand long enough to make each other feel better.

My original question goes unanswered.

An obsolete turbine is a very expensive paperweight.

I just wish at least one of these turbine guys could make it financially, I mean RAM was the biggest, what happened???
Old 01-04-2002, 11:39 PM
GeorgeR
My Feedback: (2)

Hi everyone,

Here's my thought. There are more RAM turbines flying in the USA than all other manufactures combined. Even if they stopped making turbines today, which they have NOT, there would be a market for a second company to take over service and repairs. There is definitely safety in numbers. Motto of this story is buy RAM.....

They were here yesterday, they are here today and probably will be there tomorrow.

Ps, if you are very paranoid and would like to dispose of a
RAM 1000, let me know.

George Rada
Old 01-04-2002, 11:53 PM
jason

BKF

Did I read that right? been waiting for a RAM 500 for a year!
I decided to buy one 6 hours ago and it's off the shelf at the hobby store and I am getting it in two days, it's the very latest spec with the new ecu and starter serial no 229. And I live in the uk! Somthing ain't right there!

Jason
Old 01-05-2002, 12:26 AM
pmriser
Banned

Default Voice of Reason

Someone taking over RAM repairs, now that sounds reasonable, but who would do it?

And George, you can already get RAM 1000's for 1/2 price, don't be so greedy!
Old 01-05-2002, 12:41 AM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Default RAM

I'll try to answer these questions the best I can.

Rei is still around and is now more involved on the military side of RAM's business. Albert is now managing the hobby side.

RAM is in the process of re-organizing it's entire sales and support system. This includes all the RAM representatives. An announcement will be made soon on the RAM website , www.ramicrojets.com

RAM is producing engines as we read this. Please check the website for the current Holiday Sale, together with the release of the new "X" series system.

Support and service for older RAM turbines will continue, along with current manufacturing and development. RAM is here to stay guys!

As to any unfilled orders, RAM has delivered all the pre-paid orders they have records for. If anyone feel they have not had an order filled, please contact me or call RAM directly with your name, the date the order was placed, and a record of the method of payment. I wouldn't use email, they're currently on AOL and have had some problems. Please contact myself or call RAM directly.

RAM has probably been guilty of not supplying enough info on the current happenings, but that will soon be remedied. The RAM website will be more active with newsletters, hints and tips, event coverage, and so forth. Early next week look for the new, comprehensive RAM Remote-Start Manual, and an 11 page Tips article I wrote. If you'd like a sneak peek at the Tips article, send me an email and I'll kick one back to you. My email is, [email protected]

If you're going to be at the AMA Convention in Pasadena on Jan. 18, 19, 20, look me up. I'll be at the RAM booth with Dean Wichmann, Harley Condra and others, and at the NASA Dryden booth.

Hope this answers the questions, and if I can help, just drop me a line.

Tony Frackowiak
RAM Southwest District Manager
Old 01-05-2002, 01:45 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Default Tony's RAM "tips" article

Hi guys. I would highly recommend getting your hands on Tony's RAM "tips" article as soon as humanly possible!! I can't tell you how much I learned from reading it. Tony truly is a wealth of knowledge so whenever you have the opportunity to utilize his expertise take it! Had it not been for him I would never have had the success I've experienced with my 750 powered Bandit and 500 powered Sabre!!

Spencer Maze
California RC Jet Assoc.

Old 01-05-2002, 05:29 AM
SKYPILOT
My Feedback: (9)

Default tony's tip's

hello guys,

here's a tip on tony's tip's,
it is a great guide, and best of all, it is for the most part generic, as most of you know by now, i am a new owner of a new JET CAT P-80, and not knowing a lot about turbine's yet, i feel like i got a lot from his text, he right's in a very down to earth manner, that feel's to me like it's almost geared to turbine newbie's like me.

so no matter what brand turbine you have or are intrested in, tony's tip's guide is great reading, and should be kept in your flight box along with your turbine manual for field troubleshooting .

regards, scott
Old 01-05-2002, 02:41 PM
1Eye
My Feedback: (2)

Vicki wrote ...
PS what happened to their reps, have they fired them (or some of them?)
>>>>

There is no question RAM is alive and kicking - especially the rep part of it although it's been restructured. There is no question the business end is being tweaked a bit but the rep end is in high gear - Dean Wichman and Tony Frackowiak are on top of stuff. But here's the best indicator: BVM continues to "endorse" RAM stuff, see their Jan 04 web update.
Anyway, I waited what seemed a long time for my 500 also. Keep the faith.

Mike