Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Boomerang Intro Hatch

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Boomerang Intro Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 02:11 PM
saddler
My Feedback: (93)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boomerang Intro Hatch

Well, been enjoying my PST powered Boomerang Intro. Probably one of the most enjoyable jets i have flown. Just fun to take out and horse around.

Anyway, was out flying yesterday and went to do a touch and go. Airplane touched down, pushed the throttle stick forward and the engine coughed out a flame and then quit. Well it caught the top hatch of the airplane on fire. Before i could get to it to put it out, it had burned clear through the balsa at the rear of the hatch. Bummer! I have called Patricia to see if they have replacement hatches but haven't been able to get a hold of her. (i realize it is a holiday weekend) Just wondering if anyone might have a spare hatch laying around from a wrecked airplane, etc? I could probably fix this one but would be much easier if i could just get a new hatch. So, if anyone has one they want to get rid of, please email me or call me. I would like to get it ASAP, have a fly in coming up this weekend and don't want to miss it.

Thanks,
Sean
419-305-9179
Old 07-04-2005, 10:44 PM
wd40
My Feedback: (81)

Default RE: Boomerang Intro Hatch

You will just have to fix it. I tryed to get a hatch also, and they do not have parts, just want to sale a new kit to you. They may have parts in August. I had the same thing happen to me.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:23 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

you guys heared of heat shield?

please use it regardless if the turbine quits or not
it is a needed protection.

as for the repair it is balsa it must be the easyest way to repair it
Old 07-05-2005, 05:29 PM
saddler
My Feedback: (93)

Yes, i had BVM heat shield painted on the inside of the hatch and the back part of the fuse. Apparently not enough but it was there. I didn't want to build it up too much because i didn't want to add that much weight behind the C.G. Second of all, yes it is balsa and yes i can repair it. However, i have a fly-in this weekend i am trying to make and little to no time this week to work on it. So, i was just hoping that someone might have one. I called Patricia and talked to her today and she said she didn't have any spare parts as stated. So, i guess i will have to repair the best i can for now and then fix it right when i have time.