Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

*******THE 6TH JET WORLD MASTERS Pictures, Stories, Memories********

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

*******THE 6TH JET WORLD MASTERS Pictures, Stories, Memories********

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Bryce Watson
Banned
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *******THE 6TH JET WORLD MASTERS Pictures, Stories, Memories********

Well I figured I would start this going since I am officially off for stops literally around the world on my way to the 6th Jet World Masters Competition in Jakabazallas, Hungary.

This being called one of the biggest shows of shows by many and promises to be quite an event. 10 days, 30 Teams from all over the world, dozens of the most sophisticated remote control models in existance and pilots that are only equalled in ability and skill by well.................themselves.

As for the US Team, we are all eager to attend, make friends and fly our models. After an absence from the world stage for several years, we are all happy to be here. With a professional photographer (John Christensen) travelling along, we are sure to get some really great shots of what jet modellers all over the planet have accomplished.

As for me................I am leaving tommorow to travel the globe in search of spectators, meet with contestants and basically take a break from all the dust, paint, and glue fumes for the past year.

Good Luck to all attending the 6th Jet World Masters and may this thread serve as a binder for each of us to display the efforts we all have made to come together for this awesome event.

Bryce Watson
Old 07-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Bryce Watson
Banned
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: *******THE 6TH WORLD JET MASTERS Pictures, Stories, Memories********

First stop.......................................

Romania.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36520.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	297135  
Old 07-14-2005, 01:57 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: *******THE 6TH JET WORLD MASTERS Pictures, Stories, Memories********

Bryce,

Have a safe trip. We will get there on Wednesday before the event.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:03 PM
volkan

Default RE: *******THE 6TH JET WORLD MASTERS Pictures, Stories, Memories********

B,
How bout you pop into london .
Old 07-14-2005, 03:17 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

You guys keep the lights on for me, I will be there on Thursday.....
Tommy
Old 07-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Roger Shipley
My Feedback: (35)

HEY, EVERYBODY HAS TO BE SOMEWHERE...STEVE AND I ARE THE WINDY CITY EVENT THIS WEEKEND...AN OUTSTANDING VENUE FOR AN EXCLUSIVE RC FACILITY...MORE LATER. ROGER
Old 07-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: *******THE 6TH WORLD JET MASTERS Pictures, Stories, Memories********

ORIGINAL: Nightwalker

First stop.......................................

Romania.

Caption for this picture should be.

""Hey B', Stop spreading the rummor to the girls here that your manhood is this big!!!!!""

Keep it safe and good Luck at the Masters

Ralph

Name:	Rp43009.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	297351  
Old 07-15-2005, 12:26 AM
HotelSierra
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bryce, forget about Ralph......YOU GO BOY!!! Good Luck USA TEAM!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:45 AM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Bryce and the rest of the team

"GO WIN ONE FOR THE GIPPER"
Old 07-15-2005, 12:46 AM
piethein

Hmmm!

Even though I live in Europe, the sign in the photo gives some shivers...

Be aware of Drakula, Vampires or Vampiresses!!

BR,
Jussi
Old 07-15-2005, 07:28 AM
DocYates

ORIGINAL: piethein

Hmmm!

Even though I live in Europe, the sign in the photo gives some shivers...

Be aware of Drakula, Vampires or Vampiresses!!

BR,
Jussi
Nobody said anything about Vampires!! What the hell is that all about???
Tommy

Name:	Ay73551.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	297397  
Old 07-15-2005, 09:41 AM
MNModels

Hi all,

Maybe we can have a G8 RC universe summit in a pub somewhere in Hungary..... Wonder who will organise that? See you all there..

Regards
Old 07-15-2005, 02:46 PM
piethein

Bryce first stop: Romania -> Transylvania -> Drakula.

See you all in Jakabszallas!!

BR,
Jussi
Old 07-15-2005, 03:00 PM
DocYates

ORIGINAL: piethein

Bryce first stop: Romania -> Transylvania -> Drakula.

See you all in Jakabszallas!!

BR,
Jussi
First there was this picture of Bryce lying in a coffin....now pictures of him traveling the old country putting hickeys on the neck of young virgins....Man this thing is gonna get out of hand, maybe I need to stay home, or pack some stakes...
Tommy

Name:	Sq46843.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	297537  
Old 07-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Dave03B

Don't come to our 'neck' of the woods then

...oh dear...oh dear oh dear, did I really post that
Old 07-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Turbulence

Caption for this picture should be.

""Hey B', Stop spreading the rummor to the girls here that your manhood is this big!!!!!""

Ralph

Ralph............Trust me..............They already know!
Old 07-16-2005, 11:56 AM
-JC-

Sung's JWM entry, the Airworld F9F Panther, made it to the cover of MAN this month.

Name:	Hf97883.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	297830  
Old 07-23-2005, 08:22 PM
-JC-

At little info for my fellow photo geeks out there...

I will be shooting the photos at the JWM with the best Nikon has to offer, thanks to Samy's Camera in Los Angeles.

Samy is a fellow club member at my flying field and own a chain of camera stores. With help of his very generous sponsorship, the JWM photos will be done with the best camera Nikon has to offer, the Nikon D2X 12.4 Mega Pixel dSLR. Combine that with a new Nikon 300 mm f/2.8 IS lens, and a lightweight carbon fiber tripod, chances are the pictures should turn out OK. At least now, with a $10.000+ camera combo, I can only blame the photographer if the images suck.

Please visit Samy's website at www.samys.com if you need photo gear, and support someone who supports our hobby.

Old 07-23-2005, 08:56 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John

I wish I had known about Samys three days ago. I just bought a new Nikon D70.

You win some and lose some.

Good luck on your trip. Post lots of pictures.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:45 AM
hornet driver
My Feedback: (7)

bryce ...and the boys......you go guys..best of luck to all of you and most importantly

have a safe trip

and one more thing

bring home some wood please

hornetdriver
Old 07-24-2005, 06:05 AM
Gazzer

Guys,

From a Brit who isn't going, I wish you well. If this is the kind of camraderie and esprit de corps, who wins is immaterial, you will have fun and frolics and will certainly enjoy yourself.

From previous posts make sure you take some Garlic.....

JC, My wife lets me use her D70 occasionally, what telephoto lens would you reccomed to stop the plane being 1/4" size in the photo, we have the standard lens which I think goes up to 70mm!!!!! Any hints you can give us "luddites" on good Jet photography? And looking forward to the models and the planes.......[:@]

Doc,

Good job you will be there with all this talk of Vampires, you might need your pathological skills to reconstruct a few things!!!

Bryce,

Hope Mrs Bryce doesn't read this forum, she might get the wrong idea, but it seems the guys think you have enough to share round[X(]

If anyone is popping into the UK at anytime on your way over or back, then send us a PM, would like to find time to get you some tea and crumpets.......[8D]

I will hopefully be moving house and getting a workshop, so whilst I miss the chance, a great chance, I will be improving my building abilities and even speed....[>:]

Meantime just do one thing for me, stay safe...[sm=thumbup.gif]

Gazzer

Old 07-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Rojeck
My Feedback: (22)

Wow, its almost time to leave already. I'm all packed up and the first stop will be London. Although its not as a nice as Bryces plans look, its work first then off to Hungary. I'll be arriving in Budapest on Wendesday for 10 days of fun. The best part is I got my wife to fly out so I won't have to spend my anniversary alone anymore. See you guys in a few days.

Sung
Old 07-24-2005, 10:53 AM
-JC-

ORIGINAL: Gazzer

JC, My wife lets me use her D70 occasionally, what telephoto lens would you reccomed to stop the plane being 1/4" size in the photo, we have the standard lens which I think goes up to 70mm!!!!! Any hints you can give us "luddites" on good Jet photography? And looking forward to the models and the planes.......[:@]
Gazzer, The D70 is perfect for RC photography, but you need a better lens. 70mm is fine if you are able to stand right next to the take off or approach area where the jets are landing. (up to 30 feet away) Us the Continuous Auto Focus setting and track the plane until you have framed a nice shot. Since it is a 6 MP camera, you can crop the photo and bring the plane forward in the photo without loosing too much quality.

Ideally, get something like a 70 - 200 mm telephoto lens. The faster the better. Since RC planes travel fast in front of your camera, a cheap lens will often take so long to focus on the plane that you will have lost it in sight before you hit the shutter release. Unfortunately, a fast lens often costs more than the camera. The best "budget" lens I have found that is suitable for RC in-flight photography is the Tokina Zoom Telephoto AF 80-200mm f/2.8 AT-X 828AF Pro. In the US you can buy it for around 500 bucks.

Many camera stores rent lenses also. I always rent a lens I am thinking about buying first, to see if I like the results. And, I you only shoot pictures at a few events a year, this could be the way to try out a more expensive lens and see/feel the difference.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Gazzer

Thanks JC,

In the UK I don't think we see too much in the way of rental, but I will seek out some who can.

I'll have a search through to see if you can get this lens in the UK, else, I could visit Samys store and have it sent out, not probs in helping out those, who are helping out those!!!

Mind I would not have any excuses again, down to the operator!!!

Gazzer
Old 07-25-2005, 12:38 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John,
That's one awesome digital body. I can't wait to see the shots you get at WJM. 12 MP...that's large.
Good luck, happy shooting and do be safe.
Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.