Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Who's should get the JWM in 2007?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
United States of America
69.42%
Northern Ireland
22.31%
Israel
8.26%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Who's should get the JWM in 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 06:31 AM
Gazzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who's should get the JWM in 2007?

I guess with the UK having just won the Olympics.......

Seriously, for it to be a world event, global travel is inevitable. If I was planning something 2 years hence I would be attempting to get some support from the carriers now. Is there some enterprising shipping magnet on the forum that might even find a way to get even better deals and more importantly greater safety for the models???

I love Northern Ireland and lived there for several years. However, it is a small country, and rains a lot, the competition needs good flying weather in my view to show off the models to the best extent. That would be a factor in my view.

The questions by Milliways are sensible and one thing our cousins across the pond are good at is plenty of space and organisation. The costs of accomodation, food etc, all have to be borne but are still good value over there.

Clearly there is a passionate following for the sport in the US, and many facilities, support available.

I think it would be a hoot, if only I could persuade my wife to come over and holiday at the same time!!!

And given the huge distances from state to state, I would bet quite a few competitors US side would need to use airlines to travel etc, so no one except the host state gets much of an advantage.

So I would go with Doc on this and vote for the US to hold 2007 competition, and will start saving now!

What is the weather like in Missouri at the predicted time?

Gazzer

Old 07-18-2005, 08:43 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gazzer,
I am sure we could convince your wife to come over a while. There is even a roller coaster not to distant to the proposed site...
The wether, if held at this same time of year (July-August) would be hot high 80's to 90's and fairly humid. Typical summer weather in the States. We are traveling with great expectations and hopoing to secure the next event here in the US. We will even see if we can have a scheduled tea-time for you Gazzer, but you will have to bring the crumpets...
TOmmy
Old 07-18-2005, 09:03 AM
jumpjet

Thanks for the Video . . .

And these guys want to bid for the 2007 JWM . . .

I would say the 16% in the poll should be -16% after seeing that one go in.

Yeah right ? ? ?
Old 07-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Gazzer

Doc,

There's nothing like bribery, take it we could cut the crusts off and have cucumber on hand?? I must persuade She Who Must Be Obeyed, it would be nice to holiday in a different part of your wonderful country.

And as for baseball, don't we call that rounders in our Country

Better look at the map now, not even sure where Missouri is.....[:@]

I would guess too that you have acres of tarmac and possibly flying off a real airfield, therefore fewer obstructions (mind I only need one tree!). My experience in Northern Ireland, admittedly in the mid 70's had very few sites, Nutts Corner being the main one I knew of, which was a deserted WWII site. I would imagine improvements have been made since then, but the choice fairly limited. It is indeed a wonderful island, and the people are really genuine and friendly, but I just don't see the flying weather consistent. I would count England as being in the same category although the rain is slightly less frequent. But hey, England is not even in the running.

Have fun in Hungary...... or have I missed that too this year?!!!

Gazzer
Old 07-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Laura H

Think this site may be alittle biased!
This is an american orientated site. So the winning vote is going to be the U.S.

Id say we have better bases over here that we can get the use of, just crapper weather. But you can't win them all.

I await the bashing....

Laura
Old 07-18-2005, 10:37 PM
gustavo Campana
My Feedback: (1)

dear
why you dont add there ARGENTINA...
IM very interesting to propose make the next JWM.....
nice time...in southamerica....

will apreciate your help to do here.,

regards to all Jet world...

Gustavo Campana
Old 07-18-2005, 11:04 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Gustavo... I like that idea. Nothing beats a valid excuse to go somewhere interesting. Would love to visit Argentina.

I thought you moved to Ft. lauderdale?

Old 07-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Pegasus

If the JWM was held in the ole USA, would home built turbines be allowed to fly there?
Anybody know??????????????
Old 07-19-2005, 05:11 AM
Milliways

ORIGINAL: Mick - Laura

Think this site may be alittle biased!
This is an american orientated site. So the winning vote is going to be the U.S.

Id say we have better bases over here that we can get the use of, just crapper weather. But you can't win them all.

I await the bashing....

Laura
But it is not being proposed for England. The poroposal is for Northern Ireland and they have limited sites. The one that is being considered will be interesting as a few obsticles will have to be noted.

It has been said that this site is biased to the USA. The reason for posting on this site is not because it is USA orienteted, but simply because it is world renowned for all jet flyers as can be seen by the members situated all over the world. Again the vote shows a world spread only if people actually do take the time to vote.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:09 AM
john agnew

Although Ireland would be very convenient for me I have voted USA for the next WJM.

Reliable clear weather is important from both a safety and enjoyment factor in model jet flying. Ireland cannot guarantee good weather at any time of the year(Just like Scotland!)

Anyway , Europe has had four out of the six WJM's so far so I think the US deserves it's turn now.

John
Old 07-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Laura H

Trouble is though. America is very stricted when it comes to flying models.. The slightest smell of fuel they dont want to know!

Laura
Old 07-19-2005, 08:37 AM
DocYates

Huh? I really don't think that is the case. The site that is being proposed is an excellent site and well supported by the neighboring community. It will make a great site, with predictable weather, and easily accessible.
Tommy
ORIGINAL: Mick - Laura

Trouble is though. America is very stricted when it comes to flying models.. The slightest smell of fuel they dont want to know!

Laura
Old 07-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Gazzer

Doc,

Give us some insight to the proposed location, now I have got Google Earth I can go looking!!!![X(]

I can see that some are concerned over the AMA regulations, but if this is being organised by IJMAC or whatever, then maybe some rules would not be appropriate and the IJMAC would effectively be responsible for the insurance and the like. For example the 55lb rule may stifle some international entries, but would be waived for such an event. Sensible huh?[:-]

Maybe through the occasional banter between pond side dwellers there is occasion to think this is a majority US site, and thus most of the contributors would be US based. I can understand that view, but would ask those who voice it to consider that actually, it is because the main language is english, and in the english speaking world, there are more american accents!!![8D]

It would be interesting to see what the percentage of model jet flier to populus is, and how that changes around the globe. One could see that in a poor country the percentage would be very low, and this might explain why there are quite a few americans flying jets!!

Out of the 3 choices, best value to me appears stateside and also there appears to be an enthusiastic appetite for taking it on. Well that usually makes the worst event palatable, so a good event really could rock.

You never know I may even have my Facet finished in time....... or maybe the T-33....... then again!!!!

Gazzer
Old 07-19-2005, 09:12 AM
DocYates

Gazzer,
I am probably overstepping my boundaries here, but I can say that my understanding is that the proposed site is here....
http://terraserver-usa.com/image.asp...=5291&z=15&w=1

I am sure mosre data will be available in the future. I am not in the "inner circle" of planning but have heard about the proposal and will be involved when we get to Hungary. Our country is pretty large and we have guys on the team from all over the US. There are many great places to fly here, and there will be more info coming forth in the future.
Tommy
Old 07-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Gazzer

Doc,

Looks good, I'm sure no one would berrate your for showing the possible location, remember how this thread started and therefore giving some thought process and identity to the possibilities is a good thing.

Could manage the crumpets if someone else did the BBQ.......

Be nice to see someone with infectious enthusiasm involved in running the show, as well as the old contemptables!!!

And did not our Olympic bit achieve what it did partly through lobbying and sharing. But for goodnesake, don't mention how bad our food is, as the Fins wont turn up. You might have a few french though........

Gazzer
Old 07-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Gazzer

And as I can see John Christensen viewing this thread, perhaps he could be the official photographer providing that it was 50% model and 50% jet aircraft!!!!!!!

How is the calendar coming on John?!!!!

Gazzer
Old 07-19-2005, 09:46 AM
swissflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is one Hooters, where the USA want to host the WJM??

It can be an important factor!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 10:57 AM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Still on track Gazzer,

Just waiting for a quote for 6 swimsuit/bikini models from the leading Budapest model agency. Planning on shooting some models/models at the JWM during practice days when all the rc models are in one piece. Sung has agreed to be the make-up artist and wardrobe supervisor. Bryce will be head of security.

Will be e-mailing the JWM committee today to check if it is OK with them.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Gazzer

Can I check out the models specifications against their documentation and preflight check them out!! Thoughts of Austin Powers, yeah baby!!!!

Knew I should have got tickets to this event!!!

Good luck with the shoot..... when you said the models would be in one piece, you did mean the flying ones......???

Put me down for a calendar or two......

Gazzer
Old 07-19-2005, 12:14 PM
DocYates

Gazzer,
Here is another shot of the proposed site. Theremay be a Hooter' nearby, did not think of asking, but will definitely find out.
BTW John, how do I get on that team??? I'm bringing the booze???
Tommy

ORIGINAL: Gazzer

Can I check out the models specifications against their documentation and preflight check them out!! Thoughts of Austin Powers, yeah baby!!!!

Knew I should have got tickets to this event!!!

Good luck with the shoot..... when you said the models would be in one piece, you did mean the flying ones......???

Put me down for a calendar or two......

Gazzer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57082.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	299052  
Old 07-19-2005, 12:31 PM
DocYates

OK Gazzer the low down is that there is no immediate Hooters nearby, but three in the immediate vicinity, also a Six Flags theme park not too far away for those who like the roller coasters. It is not far from St. Louis.
More info soon...
Old 07-19-2005, 01:16 PM
DocYates

Hre is a pic of the site, with a model landing, notice the wide open area, nice asphalt, and little to no obstructions.
Couldn't ask for a much nicer place than this, if you wanted to come to the US to fly.
Tommy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11302.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	299087  
Old 07-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Gordito Volador

ORIGINAL: John Christensen

Still on track Gazzer,

Just waiting for a quote for 6 swimsuit/bikini models from the leading Budapest model agency. Planning on shooting some models/models at the JWM during practice days when all the rc models are in one piece. Sung has agreed to be the make-up artist and wardrobe supervisor. Bryce will be head of security.

Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Terry Holston

ORIGINAL: John Christensen

Still on track Gazzer,

Brice for security???????????????????? That's like having a FOX guard the Hen House???????????????????? Right?????????
Old 07-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Gazzer

Doc,

That's a T-33....... maybe just maybe!!!!! I could finish mine and have a test flight before the WJM.

And by the way it was not me who started on about Hooters, but am grateful for the info. Most of you most think I am a sad old perv........... Not so much of the Old right!

However I appreciate good design, fine form and impressive features..... but then I will need to persuade my wife to come along too......
[:@]
I would guess there are a few fun things to do in this part of the world for the family? Florida is easy to find things to do, if you have a big wallet!!![>:]

Gazzer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.