Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Who's should get the JWM in 2007?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
United States of America
69.42%
Northern Ireland
22.31%
Israel
8.26%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Who's should get the JWM in 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Milliways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's should get the JWM in 2007?

After JWM Hungary 2005 . . . .Where will the 2007 JWM be held?

Apparently there are three countries proposing to host the event.

United States of America. Northern Ireland. Israel.

So . . . . . . Who should get it? Why? etc . . . . Here is a few thoughts, based on the history of the JWM so far.

Should the Jet World Masters go to a country with a stong jet following?

Should the Jet World Masters stay in Europe again?

Should a proposing Jet World Masters 2007 country take part and fly in the preceding 2005 JWM?

Should the Jet World Masters go to a country with prior international jet event hosting experience?

Should the Jet World Masters go to a country just because its cheep to stay there during the competition?

Should the Jet World Masters go to a country because . . . . . . . What do you think and why?

Old 07-15-2005, 08:47 AM
volkan

Default RE: Who's should get the JWM in 2007?

Its an american forum......
Old 07-15-2005, 09:00 AM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: volkan

Its an american forum......
If you have THREE selections, what does the origin of the forum have to do with it.
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 07-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Gordito Volador
My Feedback: (1)

Minds of moderate calibre are quick to condemn that which is beyond their range.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:31 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First I am obviously biased because I want to see it here in the US in two years. This is my first time to attend and am looking forward to the trip.
ORIGINAL: Milliways

After JWM Hungary 2005 . . . .Where will the 2007 JWM be held?

Apparently there are three countries proposing to host the event.

United States of America. Northern Ireland. Israel.

So . . . . . . Who should get it? Why? etc . . . . Here is a few thoughts, based on the history of the JWM so far.

Obviously, it should since there would be a greater draw to the event by the non-competitors, thus influencing future involvement...

It is titled WORLD Masters, which would include places other than Europe....

Should a proposing Jet World Masters 2007 country take part and fly in the preceding 2005 JWM?

I believe that is a requirement, but I cannot be sure....

Should the Jet World Masters go to a country with prior international jet event hosting experience?

Well if you did that then no other countries could ever participate....[]

Should the Jet World Masters go to a country just because its cheep to stay there during the competition?

I defintely think that the cost should place a part. I know that the cost of accomomadations in Keskemet is not that bad, but there has been some difficulty in making those reservations. The proposed US site is in Missouri, and I doubt it would be more different in price than any other site.

Should the Jet World Masters go to a country because . . . . . . . What do you think and why?

I would like to see the next WJM here in the US. I cannot ever remeber it being held here, although I could be wrong. Turbines are strong here, as they are in Europe and Asia, and I am sure that the competitors would be able to find the site and surroundings here in the US very suitable.
Hope to see you in Hungary...
Tommy
Old 07-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Milliways

Obviously, it should since there would be a greater draw to the event by the non-competitors, thus influencing future involvement...

EXCATLY

DITTO

I believe that is a requirement, but I cannot be sure....

That is correct

Well if you did that then no other countries could ever participate....[]

Like what you are saying but what I was getting at was that asking to host a World event without any prior experience is a bad situation for the event in general

Tommy.

The JWM has been held in the following:

1995 Germany

1997 England

1999 Austria

2001 Thailand

2003 South Africa

2005 Hungary
Old 07-15-2005, 11:19 AM
DocYates

I think we agree. Although any of the countries asking to host would be fine, I think we would be able to show the competitors a good time here in the US and provide a nice facility for the competition.
I will certainly be touting for the US site for the WJM 2007 when I get to Hungary....[8D][8D]
Tommy
Old 07-15-2005, 12:19 PM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

Chino, California.....
Old 07-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Zack Morris

Volkan you're so right!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:27 PM
tahfiet

Hi guys!

Well, in one way you are right: It is a worldwide competition so it should not be just an european thing. But: Most of the participants come from europe I think. Most of the guys can go by car in a more or less short drive. If the JWM are e.g. in the U.S., all participants except the americans have to fly in with all the boxes which is a big deal.....

But: I would definitely like to come to an american jet-event and the jwm would be a nice thing. And I am sure that your organisation will be a little bit more professional than the one in hungary I still pray that everything goes right with my hotel-reservation.... we'll see in about 16 days

Let's see which country will make the race. I am pretty sure that the U.S. are hard to beat after their introduction at the ijmc-meeting. Your venue is much better than the one in Israel. The accomodation will be easier than in Northern Ireland. After the big chaos with the actual organisation your well-prepared and proven team is a big plus.

Thumbs up.

David
Old 07-15-2005, 01:17 PM
PeterDays

!QUOT!The JWM has been held in the following:

1995 Germany

1997 England

1999 Austria

2001 Thailand

2003 South Africa

2005 Hungary !QUOT!

Do these countries have weight restrictions or other restrictions like the USA ?
What are the restrictions on the WJM? I imagine the ones that apply to the country who´s host
I am sure a WJM event in the USA would be unparalleled in quality, enough public to make it an economic success, organization and of course safety.
But will it have the full outcome of Jet modeler's creativity from ALL over the world. I would love to attend an event where i can see those GIANT planes like the ones built in the United Kingdom for example

Seeing the lineup of previous countries that held the WJM it only seems fair for the USA to be the next host. But I'm sure everybody wants to see the very best from the rest of the world, not just the best of limitations.

Pedro
Old 07-15-2005, 01:20 PM
DocYates

The event has its own set of rules. I believe the weight restrictions are something around 20 kilograms (45 pounds?) but I do not have the rule book in front of me. The rules apply to all participants irregardless of what the host country specficiations might be. I beleive thse rules are made up by the IJC, and if someone here knows differently please straighten me out.
TOmmy
Old 07-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So what you are saying is that it's better for the US team to make the boxes and then go through all that so you don't have to? that should not be a part of the consideration when choosing a site for a world event.

Turbulence

ORIGINAL: tahfiet

Hi guys!

Well, in one way you are right: It is a worldwide competition so it should not be just an european thing. But: Most of the participants come from europe I think. Most of the guys can go by car in a more or less short drive. If the JWM are e.g. in the U.S., all participants except the americans have to fly in with all the boxes which is a big deal.....

Thumbs up.

David
Old 07-15-2005, 02:55 PM
S E Repton

Isn't the base ball series in america that only icludes american teams caleed the world series?

Bubba
Old 07-15-2005, 03:04 PM
piethein

Where ever the event will be held, the ones, that want to compete will be there to participate.

We went to Austria -99 by car with 3 planes.

For the event in Pattaya, allmost everybody had to fly in, but still guite a lot of models were present. That time we did not bring planes, but we were there as spectators.

South Africa in 2003 Team Finland skipped totally due to travel costs and timing.

To Hungary we have to come as this seems, that this might be the last "close to home" WM for awhile.

To fly to US (East coast) from Europe it is not that bad. About 8 hour flight and you can get some decent priced flights time to time. I have been to Fla Jets a few times, but without a plane. To get the plane as luggage, it might cost maybe 200USD extra, if you can not work out an sponsor agreement with the airline. It is easier, if you have a direct flight, but if you fly to a hub and then change to different airline, it might be a problem.

Anyhow. I do not see traveling to 6th JWM to US as a problem.

BR,
Jussi

Old 07-15-2005, 03:05 PM
DocYates

Touche' Bubba,
We were gonna invite you guys to play baseball, but you were playing cricket with your bats and refused to take steroids and none of our guys knew anything about that, so....
I agree that is not the best analogy, BUT when you are talking about an international event where multiple countries are competing it should be allowed to travel to different regions. I mean is it that easy to drive from Europe to South Africa??? from Europe to Thailand??? I am not sure why I sense this resitance to having it here in the US if we were chosen...
Tommy

ORIGINAL: bigbubba

Isn't the base ball series in america that only icludes american teams caleed the world series?

Bubba
Old 07-15-2005, 06:40 PM
S E Repton

Doc,

I completley agree with you, The JWM should go further west than Europe, I just liked to make fun !!!!!

Here's to Hawaii 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that would be awesome! - I reckon I could pursuade my wife to take a holiday there then, what a coincidence it would be...........................

Bubba
Old 07-15-2005, 07:14 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: bigbubba

Bubba
Bubba,

Here is a little Baseball world series history for ya

Nearly half a million immigrants landed on America's shores in 1900 alone, a melting pot that would have a tremendous impact on Major League Baseball's biggest stage. They came from Italy to Ellis Island, like the father of Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra. They came from Germany, like the parents of Louis Henry Gehrig.

In 1903, Honus Wagner, son of a Bavarian immigrant, led the Pittsburgh Pirates to the National League pennant. After two years of animosity between the NL and the upstart American League, Pirates owner Barney Dreyfuss agreed to have his team play the AL's best, Henry Killilea's Boston Red Sox (also known as Pilgrims, Puritans and Americans). The "World Series" was born as a best-of-nine, and 36-year-old Cy Young helped Boston win the first championship. Why "World"? Better to ask: Why in the world not? The rosters were a diverse mix of ancestries, and it was an age when the entire world seemed to be washing onto American shores.

Old 07-15-2005, 08:08 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Hi,
With all the restrictions we have in the U.S., weight, thrust, etc, that the rest of the world doesn't have to deal with, I just don't think hosting it here is an option. IMHO, I don't think AMA is going to waive the rules so we can host the WJM here.
BRG,
Jon
Old 07-15-2005, 08:55 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: F106A

Hi,
With all the restrictions we have in the U.S., weight, thrust, etc, that the rest of the world doesn't have to deal with, I just don't think hosting it here is an option. IMHO, I don't think AMA is going to waive the rules so we can host the WJM here.
BRG,
Jon
Jon
First,I don't think the AMA would have any input since it is WJM an independant group.
Second. the rules of the WJM are very similar to the AMA's ,It was mentioned WJM has a weight limit of 45 which might be a little shy
Semper Fi
Joe
PS I like the suggestion for Hawaii
Old 07-15-2005, 11:09 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Joe,
Wouldn't AMA have to sanction the event for insurance purposes, or does the WJM provide coverage?
Thanks,
Jon
Old 07-16-2005, 01:59 AM
Milliways

Guys,

the full WM rules are on www.ijmc.net and this includes the new proposed rule changes for 2007 that will be voted on at the IJMC meeting on Aug 1st.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:24 AM
Milliways

Most (80%) participants in all other previous JWM's flew by airline to the event. Only neighbouring countries tend to drive to the JWM. The Australians and eastern countries make up for a large percentage of participants at each JWM. Argentina and other south American countries also attend as well as Americans and Canadians. South Africa and Namibia also attend as do the middle east countries. So the argument on holding it in the USA will cause problems for everyone else is not a valid one, as most participants always fly and bring large boxes.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:21 AM
renegade pilot

John,
Not sure if my facts are quite right, but wasnt the World Series originated by the sponsoship of an American newspaper called News of the World or something along those lines, and therefore named the "WORLD SERIES"
Anyway I am sure that with the support that jet modelling has in the States that the US would do a great job of hosting the WJM. Mind you with my wife coming from Ireland I could probably talk her into a trip home to see the relatives.
Regards,
Russell.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Milliways

Just got some video of one of the teams first flight test . . .It would make you wonder why they are even going if this is the best of the best. . . . Just need to get some where to post it . . . . 1mB file size.

PM me if you want a look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.