Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Scotlands JWM 2005 entry >

Scotlands JWM 2005 entry

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Scotlands JWM 2005 entry

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Scotlands JWM 2005 entry

Tim,

This was proposed/discussed/voted on at the recent IJMC AGM in August The "full" set of rules are on www.ijmc.net

David Matthews
IJMC Webmaster
Old 08-18-2005, 05:16 PM

To All:

This is the new rule as voted on at the IJMC meeting.

It means that now Wales can not enter any future JWM as they have not entered before the change.

That Article 1.0.3 be amended to include clauses (f) and (g). (New text is in italics).

1.0.3 Nationality of Competitors.

(a) All competitors (including members of an Open entry) must be from the country/nation they are representing, and passports or other ID may be required as proof of this by the Contest Director, or the IJMC. If persons wish to compete for national teams other than the country of their citizenship then the following rules (b) to (g) will apply:

(b) They must apply in writing to the IJMC Council for permission.

(c) They must have resided for two years in the country in whose team they wish to compete and must provide the IJMC with documentary proof of the period of residence.

(d) They must obtain the agreement of the team organisers to their membership of that
country's team.

(e) On returning to their country of citizenship an individual will immediately qualify for consideration for membership of that country's team, without the need for a period of residency. The IJMC has to be informed in writing of such changes in circumstances.

(e) National teams will in future be recognised by exactly the same criteria as that used by the International Olympic Committee.
However, “grandfather rights” will be allowed by the IJMC to recognise national teams that would not be accepted by the IOC but who have competed in the past in IJMC competitions. For example, the IJMC will continue to recognise separate teams from England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
“Grandfather rights” will be retained forever.

(g) The IJMC will only recognise the National flags and insignia that are recognised by the IOC and those flags of national teams exercising “grandfather rights”.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:19 PM

. . .and Tim,

I am still waiting for that non existant call.

[:'(]
Old 08-18-2005, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

Nothing on the British forums about this.

It might be good to see you discuss this also on common ground !

Try [link]http://www.flyingsites.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?board=jet_cat;action=display;num=110805958 0[/link]

Old 08-18-2005, 05:22 PM

Does that mean that there will be a Great Britain team too? That way Welsh members could be present. If so, what effect is that likely to have on the other teams? i.e. will English and Scottish members be torn between a GB and their countries teams?
Old 08-18-2005, 05:25 PM

So does that mean that someone wwith a UK passport can fly for England, Scotland or Northern ireland in WM07?
Old 08-18-2005, 05:28 PM

Davie,

I will call tomorrow. What time is good for you? Dont want to wake up your youngster. Or are you on your way to Glasgow tomorrow, could meet up this weekend if better for u?
Old 08-18-2005, 05:33 PM

Old 08-19-2005, 11:10 AM

Tim
Okay you want my reply. Well here it is.

1) The SAA should organise the WJM 2007 qaulifying season.
2) The SAA should appoint a team manager
3) It should be open to all comer who hold UK residency
4) The team should be picked on the basis of the BEST (static plus flying.)
5) It should be held at a time that allows people sufficient time to build their entry but with sufficient time from the WJM to let people and planes bed in (eg 9 months to 1 year before)
6) If at all possible an impartial team of judges should be used and the contest ran as close to IJMC WJM rules as possible.

One final question Tim before I butt out, as Lindsay was out in Hungry on his own, how could someones place was taken away?

If you dont want anyone and his dog putting their oar in don't air your greivences in a public forum.

What is needed is constructive suggestions to ensure Scotland fileds the strongest team possible for 2007 and not dwelling in the past.

Mike

Old 08-19-2005, 11:21 AM

hi mike

hope you are starting to feel better

see you next time
Old 08-19-2005, 02:20 PM

Thank you Mike for offering your constructive suggestions. It’s nice to see someone making the effort.

Points 1 and 2 - The JMA (Jet Modellers Association) should organise the Scottish qualifying/ team selection for WM07 and it should be the JMA and the selected pilots who should choose the best person for the Team Manager’s position. The JMA are far more qualified to select the country teams then the BMFA or the SAA. They organise the English team for the last 3 or 4 WMs.

From the JMA web site - The Jet Modellers Association was created to promote interest and participation in the sport of flying Jet model aircraft in Great Britain, and to be the official united liaison body with other national organisations in matters relating to the development of the sport.

Point 3) “It should be open to all comer who hold UK residency” Then why have a Scottish Team. Why not just have a UK team or GB team.

Finally, roll call for the Scottish Jet Fliers meeting tomorrow. Should be a good turn out. Call me or PM me if you can still make it.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:10 PM

Why don't you grow up?

John Agnew
RCU Rules say : "Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post."

To be perfectly honest John, I think that the remark you made was 'slightly' condescending.

Alan.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:14 PM

Red

1) I think the SAA should run it for the simple reason they will be impartial.
2) If you want a UK team you are going about it the right way. But if you want to go up against the likes of Steve Elias, John Tappin and Ian Richardson be my guest. Only a very few pilot of any UK nationality will make it against that field.
e.g. Ian Rchardson must rank as one of the best builders on the planet as his reserve model almost took the the trophy for a third JWM running.
3) Third no thanks I know where my "prop jet " is not welcome.

Mike

Old 08-19-2005, 03:28 PM

John,

That Hawk's stunning! I was never really sure about the all black scheme but you're preaching to the converted here

When's the maiden?

My Boomerang's more or less ready to go (less the oleo's) but a combination of work and an upcoming 2 weeks in Majorca means a few weeks before "bicycle clip time"

Regards
Scott
Old 08-19-2005, 03:28 PM

Call me or PM me if you can still make it
I didn't know you were organising it?
Old 08-20-2005, 04:36 AM

Hi guys

Thought long and hard about saying anything on this forum…(you will note this is my first ever post even though I have been a member for over a year now……any flak and I feel it will be my last too)…. Somehow I just feel that I will get shot down in flames whatever I say……but however, here goes

I find it very sad that Scotland, one of the least represented teams in the WJM05, (no offence Lindsay) is making one on the biggest noises about the selection for the next one….and doing on a very public forum for the rest of the world and IJMC to see.

There will never be a person that can stand up and be considered truly independent on the Scottish jets scene, but someone has to make the effort. I will only give it a go once!

Watching from the side there is obviously several camps, (well two by the looks of things) and both with very strong opinions and views on what should and shouldn’t be said, done, flown or discussed, and who is welcome or not at jet meets. I make no comment on who is right!

The next WJM’s is on our doorstep, if we can not put a full team together for that event then we deserve all we get……

So if you are seriously interested in going to the event and competing as part of the Scottish Team lets start now with a “clear the air meeting”…..lets get a place sorted to meet with a few beers and get it all out on the table and move forward with a structured plan for competing next year. At this time, I would suggest it is serious pilots only…..hangers on and crew can come to the next one.

Lets make it a silent vote to avoid any embarrassment....or people feeling they have the follow like lambs….e-mail me….. [email protected] …. with a simple yes or no to the above suggestion……I will give it a couple of days, (as I am away on business till Wed) and then let you know the results……if we are all willing then I will, with the agreement of all, set a time for a meeting were we can clear the air.

I spoke to our SAA chairman last week, met him a model shop, and he suggested a possible jet fun fly…..no public, no rules, no hassle…..but a good bit of tarmac…..sound good ?

Just for the record….
1. I am not putting myself up for Team Manager, (I wouldn’t do it, and don't have time) or expecting any other position in the team I didn’t earn.

2. If anyone can find any reason to get upset, annoyed or consider any of the above a slur on their personality, business, family, flying skills, religion or beliefs…..then I apologise well in advance.

The floor is yours

Andrew
IJMC Rep Scotland

PS.....and i suggest we take this discussion somewhere else....any ideas ? (added by edit)
PPS...any of you want to talk, then mail me and i will give you my mobile number (added by edit)
Old 08-21-2005, 01:51 PM

I'll go with that Andrew.

I've sent you an e-mail as such.

It would seem a fair and open approach.

Alan.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alan

If the worst thing I am accused of is being slightly"condescending" i will not be too concerned. I have recieved an PM from Tim Currie which is nothing less than a childish and abusive personal attack, other posters here have received the same. It would appear that if you do not share Tim,s point of view you are doomed to jet purgatory. Unfortunately for Tim he is now outnumbered by jet flyers who are fed up with his constant stream of complaints regarding team selection etc.

In future I shall make no further comment on matters which are not germaine to the forum thread as requested by the moderator.

I trust others wiil do the same.

Yours sincerely

John Agnew
Old 08-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Jen

Old 08-22-2005, 03:40 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Upon the request of the thread originator through PM, I'm closing this thread.