Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster Gripen with scale features

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster Gripen with scale features

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 10:21 PM
AirPac Models

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster Gripen with scale features

Ms. Young/ Linux,

Please indicate your relationship with Spark and Jetlegend, and also why Jetlegent doesn’t show their address. Is there some reason you are not providing it? You are not a modeler, and this is the your first post. Are you trying to post a commercial post?

Skymaster designed those planes you are selling, and Spark is selling the designs without authorization. In the past we had some planes OEMed by Spark, and many of those planes you have may be the ones that couldn’t pass our quality control. We are currently in a legal battle with Spark over these issues. If you or anyone else sells these planes in the US, you may have some problems here, since stealing copyrights are against the law here.

For people who are interested in purchasing these planes, Skymaster will not be liable for any damages caused by low quality work. Many of the planes were unable to pass Skymaster’s QC, and these are the remaining that Skymaster rejected because of quality problems. There is a very high risk that these planes are not stable. Also, we will not provide any accessories, technical support, or customer service for these planes. If you like Skymaster plane, please buy it from Skymaster authorizated delars.

It is very clear that Skymaster designed these planes. We hope that everyone will support Skymaster in this act of deceit by these companies, support copyright, and hope that you will boycott these products. We do not want these companies or products associated with the Skymaster name.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:33 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Linux,

I go to south china on business. Is there a way to see these kits in person on one of my trips?

Thanks,
Old 09-08-2005, 08:34 AM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

Well sometimes you can rely on an individuals loyalty to a company or product but more often than not 'best bang for your buck' counts for a lot more. I don't know the legal issues betwwen these two companies and frankly don't care. What I do care about is getting the best value for money and if SkyMaster/Airpac fail to win their legal argument they should be prepared for stiff competition from Spark. As for the suggested poor quality and flight performance, well you can rectify any problems during the build and if they are the same models as the SkyMaster versions, why would they be any different in flight...?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Lt. Dan
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: jeff sewell

Well sometimes you can rely on an individuals loyalty to a company or product but more often than not 'best bang for your buck' counts for a lot more. I don't know the legal issues betwwen these two companies and frankly don't care. What I do care about is getting the best value for money and if SkyMaster/Airpac fail to win their legal argument they should be prepared for stiff competition from Spark. As for the suggested poor quality and flight performance, well you can rectify any problems during the build and if they are the same models as the SkyMaster versions, why would they be any different in flight...?

So you are saying that its perfectly legal to steal another company's design and sell it as your own? I've looked at the Jet Legen site, these are Skymaster kits, right down to the lightening holes in the formers.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

Yes this Jet Legend company is producing SM products ,but of lesser quality & yet are identical scale,etc.Most all of us do not know the behind the scenes of what is really taking place between SM & Sparks.But we do know this much,SM has legal rights to all the molds & designs of all the jets that JL is trying to sell now.This Linx guy is trying to be coy & sly and have all of us think that his company is selling a product which is just as good in quality & and scale outline as SM.Eric has already mentioned in an earlier post that SM will not be responsible and/or be associated with the lesser quality,etc of these kits that JL is trying to sell.

It doesnt make any sense to me IMO to buy one of these JL ARF kits when 1) none of us know anything about the company ,and 2) you are saving very little by doin so .In the end you are getting lesser quality ,not to mention your gonna pay alot in shipping to the states.Any one who has seen SM kits up close (especially the newer versions/releases) know that they make a superb product and cut no corners in assembly/manufacturing as Hysol is used.Their Glass work & surface detail is also about the best I have seen.So I finish and IMO you are taking a big chance buying from JL when you could just buy from SM the first time and get a excellent quality product in which will last a long time not to mention by doing so your supporting a great company and keeping the dollar in the US when you buy from Dreamworks or Airpac.SM has great service and will bend over backwards to do whatever it takes to make you happy if/when a problem surfaces

Take care
Old 09-14-2005, 08:48 AM
bela

This really sounds like an issue between these two companies. everyone knows the advantages of having a company in china, and im sure SM knew the risks.... being copied! sometimes by your own employees. it is unfortunate if this is what has happened, but it is this same advantageous situation that has given SM such success over non china based companies as well.

IMHO we should be truly anti politics. not take sides, and let them hash it out. support them by buying thier product, or not.... and let others do the same, risk or not.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:05 AM
jeff sewell

Hey Lt. Dan,

Did I say that? No, what I am saying is that from all the stuff I have read on these forums appears to be purely circimspect. No one has provided a definitive answer just opinion - and as we know opinion cannot be legally quantified. The only groups that have the right to really argue the issue are Skymaster and JetLegend. It is not for the average Skymaster customer or anyone else (and I happen to be one!) to state what the legal issues are with these two companies i.e. who owns copyright. Just saying that Skymaster own it doesn't make its so...
And just looking at a picture of another model aircraft and saying it is a copy does not necessarily make it a copy either - you have to prove it. I don't condone any kind of theft but we have a responsibility to get our facts right before stating anything in forums like this.
This has happened before and will happen again.

Happy flying
Old 09-23-2005, 10:47 AM
jeff sewell

And by way of a footnote...just checking out the Skymaster F15 - funny how it shares a lot of scale features with the YA version.

You see, it's easy to have unsubstantiated opinion, isn't it?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Lt. Dan
My Feedback: (21)

And by way of a footnote...just checking out the Skymaster F15 - funny how it shares a lot of scale features with the YA version.

Apples and oranges. Do you own a SM F-15? If you did you'd be able to compare its internals and see that this is an identical kit. Sharing features /= sharing the molds and plans. Oh, and in case you missed it, JL has already claimed to own the rights to the SM aircraft they are selling. They're not even pretending that they're not copies.

But if it makes you feel better...

Old 09-23-2005, 03:56 PM
AirPac Models

Jeff,
As you know our models are all based on the real planes. The case for the F-15, we collected hundreds of photographs, viewed real F-15, and also have those who have actually worked on a real F-15 help us for scale detail. YA's version is very scale, and I believe this is the same reason they are so scale. However, if you put both models side by side, there are no similarities except for the fact they are both F-15s.

For the issue with Skymaster and JetLegend/ Spark, I think I clearly stated that there is a contract stating that we own the copyrights for the design of the planes. I've even shown Marc privately, owner of RCU, the contract. There is no doubt. As for what JetLegend says, its up to you to determine what is true and not true. In the meantime, the courts can determine the outcome. I believe those of you thats been around RCU for a while know how much time and effort it took for us to develope and market our products. Its very sad that these companies just want to take a free ride.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Falcon 64

ORIGINAL: Speedbird66

Gudmund,
take a look at this picture:
[img][/img]
This is just before rotation. Your picture is taken after rotation. Look at the difference in canard and elevator throw.

Rob,
CG of 140mm and a very little canard input will be my starting point.
I have noticed that the main gear is very soft. I'm working on a semi scale main leg that has a wider stance and is stiffer.

I need to fly the Gripen and get some experience before I discuss this further ( or I will find my self in deep water) - but it is an interesting subject.

/Johan

Hi Johan.

Of course you`re right... I should have known, but I was too hanged up in the only "take-off" picture I had.
New receiver has arrived, so I`ll tell you soon about my settings, and perhaps then I can tell you how not to do.. [:-] We`ll see.
Anyway, I like to experiment with things, and saw a opportunity here.

Btw, funny how the topic turned away from your georgeous scale features..[]

Regards

Gudmund

Old 09-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Speedbird66

Hi Gudmund,
thanks for sticking to the subject . . .

Check out this awesome video of the full size Gripen air display.

http://www.flightlevel350.com/viewer.php?id=2411

I have got stuck with making my main retracts waiting for parts on order :-(

/Johan
Old 09-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Falcon 64

Hej Johan.

I couldn`t help notice the lovely way the canards saved the touchdown of the nosegear contact ...
Silky-smooth. I don`t plan to to take it this far, I can tell you that!

And the way the wing flexed on high G / turbulence..[:-]
Keep em`coming.

Gudmund
Old 09-25-2005, 05:56 AM
jeff sewell

I think your missing the point of my last post. let me first say that I own a YA F15 (fantastic model)AND a SM F15 (wanted/needed to get in the air quick)! Also a Hawk... Of course they're going to look similar, as you say,they're based on full size counterparts.
However, I think that this kind of open forum *****ing will open up a whole can of worms.I really don't think that the continuous conjecture as to the legal arguments are very good for either party. Say what you want but I would be very careful about making unsubstantiated opinions as Spark may have a justified legal argument and they may not by the same rule. Wouldn't it be better to keep a dignified silence and let the legal system take its' course?
Not a fun forum but interesting nontheless. Looking forward to the outcome.

Hey Lt Dan, Good picture, but how did you get hold of my holiday snaps?
Old 09-25-2005, 09:18 AM
MR POWER

hello Johan! Has 39an been in the air yet? [>:]
Old 09-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Speedbird66

Hi,
My Gripen has not flown yet. I have made a neat installation of the rudder servo (Digital JR161 metal gearbox) right under the rudder inside the fuse. I have a set of oleo's on order from "over sea". I must give them a call a find out what the delay is about.
I'm kind of stuck without them. Have been playing around with the nav lights and I am currently making new pylons for the wing tip's as the SM original are a bit too short. Will make them detachable (plug in) so I can take them of (including the Sidewinders) for transport. I have a feeling it won't fly until early spring next year.

/Johan
Old 09-25-2005, 03:43 PM
jeff sewell

Hi Johan,
Please accept my apologies for hijacking your thread.

Beautiful model, beautifully finished - Hope you have a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Jeff
Old 09-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Speedbird66

No worries . . .
/J
Old 10-16-2005, 01:40 PM
jetmodeller

Hi Johan some interesting stuff on here hope it all helps.i can only find one thread on the SM Hawk have you found any on here regards Keith
Old 04-03-2006, 04:18 AM
Speedbird66

Here are some pictures of the first CNC machined parts for the semi scale main retract for the Skymaster Gripen.
I will post further pictures later this week including the BVM duro strut and Behotec wheels & brakes.
/Johan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89682.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	438098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94148.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	438099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg94009.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	438100  
Old 04-10-2006, 02:23 AM
rwegert

Looking really good Johan! What other struts do you think will will fit this gear and do you also intend to offer a set? Looks like you have sold me a pair! MVH /roger
Old 04-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Speedbird66

Robert
I will spend the next week end installing the gear in the model. The diameter of my BVM duro strut's are Ø10.3mm. I believe a Robart 440 strut Ø7/16" also can be used but the hole for the oleo will be sized up to (Ø11.2mm). The 1/2" size Robart strut requires a minor redesign. By the end of April I will have everything tested.
/Johan
Old 04-10-2006, 07:32 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Looking forward to your installation and tests of this gear. I really like the lines of the Grippen.
Would like to build one with this gear setup.
Bob
Old 06-09-2006, 10:38 AM
adrian-RCU

hey dudes - we have just got 4 gripens in Israel and building - various specs on engine and paint jobs

this is the first one fresh from the paint shop - sport jet theme - will keep you poseted on the rest

Name:	Lj21389.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	474740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21515.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	474741  
Old 06-09-2006, 11:17 AM
3DHELINUT
My Feedback: (3)

Nice looking Gripen, I see you went with a simular tribal design as on my gripen.

Alan

Name:	Ge95056.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	474752  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.