Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BMT turbine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BMT turbine

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 06:44 PM
poussard
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMT turbine

Is anyone familiar with the BMT 120 turbine .It has electric start and uses kerosene not propane to start.
Looking for pros and cons.

Thanks
Rich
Old 10-29-2002, 07:25 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BMT turbine

Do a search on RCU for "BMT 120" and you will find a number of threads in which this engine has been discussed.

Andre Baird of BMT also hangs out here periodically, and can answer ny further questions you hve on the engine.

Gordon
Old 10-29-2002, 08:16 PM
garrett_mcdonal

Default BMT turbine

Hi Rich,

I currently have one BMT 120-KS and have another on its way. It is a great engine. Very well made, dead simple to install due to the kero start keeping component count down and the engine starts and runs like a dream.

I have started mine in temps from 0 degrees C through to the high 30's C. The ECU software is very, very dynamic and has taken it all in its stride without adjusting any params. I wanted to do an even colder start this winter, but just didn't manage to get out to the field and try one when it was -5.

Are there any specific questions you have about installation and operation or are you just starting to consider one? Either way, feel free to fire away with any questions.

Regards,
Garrett
Old 10-30-2002, 12:52 AM
WHMC
My Feedback: (15)

Default BMT 120

Sir, Where do you buy BMT Turbines in the states and what is availability? Thanks WHMC
Old 10-30-2002, 09:48 AM
garrett_mcdonal

Default BMT turbine

WHMC,

I believe Mickey's A-1 HOBBY is the US dealer. His web address is a1hobby.com. Andre is also very prompt at replying to emails if you have any specific questions you would like to ask him directly.

Regards,
Garrett
Old 10-30-2002, 04:26 PM
BMT

Default BMT USA

Hi All,
Mickey from A1-hobby is the exclusive importer of the BMT120KS. You may visit their website at http://www.a1hobby.com
Mickey is very familiar with the BMT engines including the KS and will handle sales and service and has done so for the last number of years. Customer satisfaction has been outstanding since the introduction of the BMT80 in 1998, many of which now powers large models in the upgraded format of 125N with electric start, proving the wisdom of investing in a BMT.
For more info you may visit http://www.bairdtech.com/bmt
The feature list of the BMT120KS is simply too involved to explain fully on a forum such as this so a read of our on-line manual may me well worth the read.
Short version is simply that the BMT120KS is entirely in a class of its own and not only just because it is the only gas-free autostart engine out there, but because it is so simple to install and operate, has the lowest installed weight,highest power output and best power to weight ratio of any 120 class turbine.
Production status is that it has been in limited production for about 10 months but production is set to meet demand within the next 2-3 months.
Cheers
Andre Baird
Old 10-30-2002, 10:47 PM
Aero65
My Feedback: (2)

Default BMT turbine

Hi Andre

Great job on getting the Kero only starting! Very impressive engineering. I've Read your website with interest about the engine.

I would like to know the current status of AMA approval on this engine, and would like to wish you luck in selling many of these engines.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:54 AM
BMT

Default AMA

Hi Aero65,
Thank you for the kind words.
AMA approval is imminent since it was submitted approx 3-4 months ago. We have been asked for additional documentation which is in the works. The BMT120KS differs only slightly in detail from the BMT80 which has been approved many years ago, apart obviously from the kero and e-start. The compressor however is a different animal altogether and acounts for the almost double thrust capability combined with optimised combustor.
Cheers
Andre