Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Monster Garage (Banchechichi)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Monster Garage (Banchechichi)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 05:23 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Garage (Banchechichi)

Here is just what got from DAVE.
This is not a jet relative forum. But things so funny and like to share with all you.

Ok, so here is the quick story of how this all came about.
Jacob and Robert were over yesterday working on race planes at my house, we decided to take a break and go fly our banchee's at the school. We came back, charged batteries and went out again just before dark. Jacob was in the house taking a leak, and I decided to play a joke on him and reverse his ailerons from his transmitter. We walked out to the school (about a 7 minute walk.......Mongo usually drives) and we started to fly. Robert (who know's about the aileron reversal) tells Jacob "hey, dont forget to check your throws". With that cue, I decided to take off and start flying. In the background I hear Jacob beeping his radio, so I think everything is now back at normal and continue to fly. 5 seconds later I hear Jacob say..."Uh, Dave...you now have an extra battery because I just crashed" "somehow my ailerons got reversed..I dont know what I did" I continued to fly, began hovering. Jacob was catching my plane and throwing it and everything was normal. I decided to try to catch it myself, missed, and when I went to grab the sticks to save it...shoved the stick the wrong direction and crashed. Anyway, on the walk back home Jacob and Robert were talking about how cool it would be to join the two planes together and have a twin...seemed like a cool idea, but alot of work...and we had two crashed planes. Robert said it could be done..........and thats all Jacob needed to fuel his fire. For the next 4 hours he transformed the two carcasses into one Super Banchee. We test flew it this morning, and version 2 is already in the works. This thing is so Bad ***** that I cant even bring myself to fly the normal one. My hats off to Jacob for all the hard work, and everything working...considering what he started off with, that is one hell of an accomplishment.
Where else other then this hobby can you be totally bummbed out one minute from crashing your plane, and 12 hours later be totally stoked from it rising out of the ashes and being twice as good.
Great job bro,
Presta
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84557.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	342994   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44681.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	342995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77631.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	342996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx65960.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	342997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cn78944.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	342998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vm83339.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	342999  
Old 10-23-2005, 06:41 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Monster Garage (Banchechichi)

very nice. kit version coming soon?

mark
Old 10-24-2005, 09:48 PM
colesifer3d314
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster Garage (Banchechichi)

haha Jacob called me last night and told me the whole story...hes a crazy dude but that thing is off the hook...awesome job bro!!

Cole