Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ban Trolls off of RCU

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
63.93%
No
36.07%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Ban Trolls off of RCU

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 09:13 PM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ban Trolls off of RCU

ORIGINAL: Aero65

Do you think that people who are constanly just Trolling here and only cause conflict should be banned?

IE no usefull comments, hijacking threads

LAME!!! why would you post something like this. People come here to escape the real world and have fun, if you really want to ban people you are taking this way too serious and maybe should re-look at what you find important in life. Starting this thread is very sad on your part, I feel sorry for you.

Old 10-30-2005, 10:23 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That penguin thing is hysterical!
Actually...the OP agreed that I was RIGHT, that Eric Wu should NOT be doing what he did and that he would tell him to stop.
And a ton of people agreed.
That whole thing seems to have been somehow lost on all the "let's lynch ET" people who posted.
And...while MOST of us come here to have fun...SOME come here to MAKE MONEY.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:02 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Old 10-31-2005, 08:17 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

it semms as though it would be quite a scientific experiment if our moderators might lose ET>,s acess for a week and see if 99.9999999% of all negative and finger pointing posts disapear ..............,,just food for thought , and by the way ET this forum is not free speech it is payed for and i hear footsteps and the clock ticking your time is almost up!!!! you are the only one on this form that can get under RCPETE'S thick canadian skin. feel proud that you have ailianated any real mdeling friendships in the jet community that most of us grow at each and every event, but you won't be able to do that because of the way you run your tailpipe. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME, untill you change your ways!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:41 PM
uncleTom
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someday,I may be sorry I said this but ET's style is full of sarcasm and not everyone will always get it. I think ET is an equal opportunity offender, and means no real harm to anyone. To ban someone because you don't agree with them is a huge mistake. This is a discussion forum, and if you run-off everyone whose opinion is not the same as yours will be pretty boring, IMHO.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:04 PM
bela

"YOU ARE NOT WELCOME, untill you change your ways"

Seems to be ATTEMPTING to speak for all of us. this is a good example of what I was talking about. a post that I got absolutley nothing from and was pure and simply a personal attack.
again, I think ET is a little ruff around the edges, but what he says IS relevent, even if u dont agree. if the topic is banning folks based on the stated criterion, I would assume we would also ban those that are only too happy to battle with him. usually takes more than one to fight. For every one conflict Ive had on this forum, there are probably 10 opportunities for even more. and ive seen even a couple of racist...sexist comments get by with no objection from anyone, including the moderators. overall rcu is outstanding. some members are a little hard to love, but this is a community, ET does contribute, hate him if it makes u happy, ban him? i dont think so!
Old 10-31-2005, 11:11 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

if you run-off everyone whose opinion is not the same as yours will be pretty boring
and lonely.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:31 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

ORIGINAL: greezer

YOU ARE NOT WELCOME, untill you change your ways!

WHO DO YOU PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE????????????????? Somebody has huge b#!!$ to try and tell someone there not welcome in a public forum!!

PS ET can fly jets with me anyday of the week.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:26 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

I have sat and reread this post more than once, and let me say I have finally voted. I don't always read the entire postings on threads and such, but have read a fair amount over the last few days. I honestly did not think it was as bad as I am seeing now. The light is coming on and glowing more brighter than before. Duke, Todd, and company, you guys are right.

People come on and just stir the pot with a devils advocate attitude which does not help at all. I have sent a long pm to a buddy about the topic and gave my feelings there. Anyways, I was wrong with my first post and I am all for banning this band of bozo's!![:-]

ET, all you seem to want to do is get people spooled up in typical New York fashion. You are pushy and arogant, and a royal pain in the ass![>:] You slammed me here and that doesn't matter at all. Got thick skin and with the fact that I can fly better with my toes than you can with your fingers assures me you have no place. All you have ever showed is your Toki junk pile and my guess is you probably can't even spell turbine, let alone fly one. You should be the first to go the second time around!!

Real turbine modelers unite!!

This is going to get hot now.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:41 AM
mvigod
Banned

Have any of you ever used the block feature to block unwanted members so you don't have to read their posts or receive pm/email from them?

it is under every post
Old 11-01-2005, 10:05 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Someday,I may be sorry I said this but ET's style is full of sarcasm and not everyone will always get it. I think ET is an equal opportunity offender, and means no real harm to anyone. To ban someone because you don't agree with them is a huge mistake. This is a discussion forum, and if you run-off everyone whose opinion is not the same as yours will be pretty boring, IMHO.
100% agree

Have any of you ever used the block feature to block unwanted members so you don't have to read their posts or receive pm/email from them?
it is under every post
This also helps to confirm my theory that there is no other responsible for your own blood pressure levels but yourself.

Enrique
Old 11-01-2005, 10:15 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

I remember the days here when you had to really sieve hard through loads of useful jet related topics/pictures/info/guidance/suggesstions to find any bs/crap/back stabbing/whinging/slagging off etc

Now, it's the complete opposite. I'm sure there's still some good stuff on here - just gotta sieve through a load of bs/crap/back stabbing/whinging/slagging off posts to find it [8D]
Old 11-01-2005, 10:24 AM
erbroens

Well, I suppose that this is the price you should pay for getting that precious information...

Enrique
Old 11-01-2005, 10:27 AM
schroedm

Never used to have to so what changed
Old 11-01-2005, 10:37 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: schroedm

I remember the days here when you had to really sieve hard through loads of useful jet related topics/pictures/info/guidance/suggesstions to find any bs/crap/back stabbing/whinging/slagging off etc

Now, it's the complete opposite. I'm sure there's still some good stuff on here - just gotta sieve through a load of bs/crap/back stabbing/whinging/slagging off posts to find it [8D]
Exactly the reason why my input has diminished in this forum. It's like I am watching Jerry Springer in here daily, Why bother.... [sm=confused.gif]
Todd
Old 11-01-2005, 10:37 AM
erbroens

The change is that RCU is full of different people (now about 200.000) full of good ideas and differents points of view.. and saying that any different opinion or tought than your own is BS, is
to say the least, arrogant. So, if you don´t like what you are reading you are able to block the
writer, or even don´t take his words seriously, but there is not need to offend anyone.

Well, of course this is just my point of view! [8D]

Enrique

Old 11-01-2005, 01:06 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

AMEN BROTHER! welcome to the we've had a nough of ET club .......greezer AKA gerry kerr jr.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:03 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30226.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	347097  
Old 11-01-2005, 02:29 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ghost,
You need to re-evaluate your taste in beer there buddy.
Like your TV though Are you watching RCU on TV?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:09 PM
bela

ORIGINAL: John Redman

I have sat and reread this post more than once, and let me say I have finally voted. I don't always read the entire postings on threads and such, but have read a fair amount over the last few days. I honestly did not think it was as bad as I am seeing now. The light is coming on and glowing more brighter than before. Duke, Todd, and company, you guys are right.

People come on and just stir the pot with a devils advocate attitude which does not help at all. I have sent a long pm to a buddy about the topic and gave my feelings there. Anyways, I was wrong with my first post and I am all for banning this band of bozo's!![:-]

ET, all you seem to want to do is get people spooled up in typical New York fashion. You are pushy and arogant, and a royal pain in the ass![>:] You slammed me here and that doesn't matter at all. Got thick skin and with the fact that I can fly better with my toes than you can with your fingers assures me you have no place. All you have ever showed is your Toki junk pile and my guess is you probably can't even spell turbine, let alone fly one. You should be the first to go the second time around!!

BAND OF BOZOS???? YOU SEEM TO BE A GREAT FRONT MAN.

"People come on and just stir the pot with a devils advocate attitude which does not help at all"

AND CALLING PEOPLE NAMES DOES HELP?????

I dont know et, BUT THE QUESTION WAS ASKED!!! which means it was SOLICITED!
Old 11-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Jetkopter

Wow John, You really insulted us with that broad statement about New Yorkers I think the only thing that I have ever heard or seen that is this less politically correct is this picture of Curtis (the blindfolded one) taking orders from the head troll. Curtis was normal guy until lead astray by the evil doer's. He is now a puppet and all of this getting people spooled up is just him taking orders from the puppet master. Maybe we can send him to RCU rehab and undo the brain washing. [X(] I know the sky is really falling now[sm=drowning.gif] Leave it to Us New Yorker and New Jersey types to P_ ss some one off sometime, sorry its just our nature. Hope all is going well for you at Horizon

[/quote]
Old 11-01-2005, 03:41 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

Ghost,
You need to re-evaluate your taste in beer there buddy.
Like your TV though Are you watching RCU on TV?
I agree, for some reason "Corona" comes to mind
Old 11-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Adil Nasim
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: Jetkopter

Wow John, You really insulted us with that broad statement about New Yorkers
Leave it to Us New Yorker and New Jersey types to P_ ss some one off sometime, sorry its just our nature.
IMHO, I think you got it wrong - There ARE a lot of modelers in NY/NJ who are the most friendly and helpful guys you'd ever meet. We do have more than a FAIR share of bad apples though!!

John: I would not worry too much about the "JetKopter" remarks - He is still pretty bummed out about the new AMA experimental class thingy. It seems like he really wanted to get the weight limit to be up ABOVE 400 lbs. so he could strap a couple of AMT AT-450's to his belt and be the first "BIRDMAN" !!

Old 11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Jetkopter

Adil, your are the core of the bad apples. Look what you have done to Curtis. Your right about us New Yorkers being helpful. We gave you welfare when you where fired from 7-11 Adil. All kidding aside, Curtis would probably give you the shirt off his back to help a fellow modeler out. Just because he states how he feels dont make him a bad guy! Adil would give the shirt off of his back too if he had one.

ORIGINAL: Adil Nasim

ORIGINAL: Jetkopter

Wow John, You really insulted us with that broad statement about New Yorkers
Leave it to Us New Yorker and New Jersey types to P_ ss some one off sometime, sorry its just our nature.
IMHO, I think you got it wrong - There ARE a lot of modelers in NY/NJ who are the most friendly and helpful guys you'd ever meet. We do have more than a FAIR share of bad apples though!!

John: I would not worry too much about the "JetKopter" remarks - He is still pretty bummed out about the new AMA experimental class thingy. It seems like he really wanted to get the weight limit to be up ABOVE 400 lbs. so he could strap a couple of P-200's to his belt and be the first "BIRDMAN" !!

Old 11-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Ad Clark III
My Feedback: (8)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I witnessed John drop his transmitter one day while flying, instead of picking it up...he just flew the rest of the flight with his toes. Very impressive indeed. I think I will try it someday as well, just as soon as I can figure out how to make my neckstrap go all the way to the ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.