Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Matching servo's

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Matching servo's

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 02:45 PM
Pete S-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matching servo's

I've thought of a solution to matching two servoes, driving a single control surface.
The primary servo is connected as usual, a secondary servo is connected in parallel with the first servo, both driving the same surface, but, you make a little slop or play on the secondary servo linkage.
If they don't track exactly the same, the play allows the sec servo to just follow the first one, until the commanded position from the transmitter gets ahead of the loaded pri servo.
Then the unloaded sec servo tries to go to the commanded stick position and you have both servo's moving the control surface until comanded position is reached.
So, the pri servo does most of the work, but when needed the sec one is there to assist.

This is just a simple idea I had, but I think it would work.
Old 11-12-2002, 04:55 PM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matching servo's

The IMAC guys have been doing this setup for a while, so Great minds think a like!!!!