Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Issues?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 07:46 AM
shaunrbell
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues?

Is only me or is a jet like some hot lookin' girlfriend? I just sold my MavPro and I have to admit I almost backed out. All the work seems justified when "whoa, that's cool" is what you think when you see it. To sell it, that bites but I know it's for the better. Short grass runway should explain everything. BVM, high velocity and low static thrust. It's Byron or turbine from now on. Well, I hope I can craft something from an Avonds kit as sweet as this maverick kit. The sweet sound of the TJT3000 will be oh so sweet! Well, a post of no real use but I just wanted to see if there are other RC's who feel the same.

Shaun Bell
Old 11-14-2002, 08:09 AM
gordon

Default I can Relate!

I said the same thing they are cool. There is something about them there lines and curves there sleek looks and sounds what ever it is I am hooked in for life.

I just got started in turbines, as a mater of fact I am puting together a Yellow Aircraft Starfire II. I had a tough time explaining to my wife why I wanted to move from from prop planes to turbines. It was especialy dificult to convince her when I started puting together a list of what I needed to make it all come true. Not to mention when she saw the first credit card statement.

Botom Line I have currently 18 RTF prop aircrafts in my garage from 40 size up to 38%. I took a rough estimate as to what I had including the cases of fuel, radio's ect.and a ball park figure came to $8000.00 - $10000.00. It was a little easy after that. She saw it my way.

On the other hand I could not indulge in this sport if it where not for my wife's support and understanding "thank you".
Not to mention my Job.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:01 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: I can Relate!

Originally posted by Gordon
On the other hand I could not indulge in this sport if it where not for my wife's support and understanding "thank you".
Not to mention my Job.
Amen Gordon!! I tell you what, having an understanding wife (spouse) is a MUST. You also need to know where that understanding ends.

I just want to say; Thanks Maureen.

:idea: Go thank your wifes (spouses)

George
Old 11-14-2002, 01:01 PM
747drvr
My Feedback: (5)

Default Issues?

18 prop planes= 1 turbine plane

The fun-cash ratio is totally of of wack with turbines but they are EXTREMELY cool and you have to pay to play !