Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
K&b 7.5   Fuel? >

K&b 7.5 Fuel?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

K&b 7.5 Fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&b 7.5 Fuel?

I AM RUNNING 15% POWERMASTER FUEL IS THIS CORRECT!!!
IF NOT WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?
THANKS TODD
Old 11-20-2002, 10:27 PM
My Feedback: (104)

Default K&b 7.5 Fuel?

I don't know how much oil % the powermaster fuel has your running on but, I ran my on Wildcat jet A 15%, 23%oil.
It ran great with this fuel blend.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:19 AM

Default K&b 7.5 Fuel?

Regular airplane fuel usually has 17% to 18% oil. I think Powermaster put a stickly label on the can showing the oil percentage and composition.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:40 AM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K&b 7.5 Fuel?

Todd try wildcat 15% with 23% oil if you can get it out here meaning california , that seems to be the best for ducted fan , in that catagory of engine size , i fly bvm 91 engines and they like 10% wildcat , the OS 91`s 5% wildcat , however powermaster 15% heli fuel works great on the KB 7.5 engines , do to the higher oil content ,hope that helps .Ed
Old 11-21-2002, 03:32 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts
Default K&b 7.5 Fuel?

Larry from JHH recommended 15% fuel with 18% oil plus 1 0z. of turbine oil per gallon since it does not burn, for the K&B 7.5.

Good luck.

CARS II
Old 11-21-2002, 12:03 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K&b 7.5 Fuel?

I had very good luck using WildCat Jet A in my K&B engines. Just make sure you have enough oil in the fuel you are using.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:58 PM

Default K&b 7.5 Fuel?

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL OF THE IMPUT. THIS IS GREAT INFO.

DOES ANYONE NO OF A LOCAL HOBBY SHOP IN MY AREA THAT HAS JET FUEL AND TURBINE OIL?? I AM IN LA VERNE CA.
THANKS TODD
Old 11-21-2002, 06:43 PM

Default K&b 7.5 Fuel?

Do a search on the JHH Mirage, you will find what Larry has to say about the K&B 7.5 and the fuel. Lots of good info. from him.
The turbine oil you can find it at your local airport, try the book store or the fuel truck.

good look.

Keep them flying

CARS II
Old 11-23-2002, 06:27 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Default K&B 7.5 Fuel

Todd,

Looks like you got the message from some of the other posts, but I thought I'd just toss in my two cents....

Definitely use the PowerMaster 15% sport fuel and then add an ounce of Turbine oil to the gallon (I use Mobile Jet Oil 254... others work as well).

I got this tip from Larry Wolfe of JHH when I picked up my first K&B .48. Most of my K&B experience up till then was with the 9101 7.5 (or earlier 9100!!). I saw a huge difference in over-all performance. I have used WildCat 15% (23% oil) in the 7.5 but stopped because the engine wouldn't turn up as much and ran a lot hotter. The difference is so stark I won't run a 7.5 (or .48) without that fuel/oil combo any more.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not knocking Wildcat fuel, the stuff is great... It's just not the best fuel for this particular application.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.... or better yet, give Larry Wolfe at JHH a call (or e-mail). He's always been very helpful to me and he's out there in CA.

Good luck
Craig
Old 11-24-2002, 04:05 PM

Default K&b 7.5 Fuel?

THANKS FOR THE INPUT I AM GOING TO THE AIRPORT TODAY TO LOOK FOR SOME TURBINE OIL. I HAVE TAKEN THE MOTOR OUT MOUNTED IT FOR TUNING ON A BOARD.THE PREVIOUS OWNER DRILLED TWO SMALL HOLES WHERE THE ORING GOES AND THE PIPE CONNECTS,HE HAD SMALL SCREWS IN THE HOLES TO HOLD THE PIPE TO THE ENGINE. I WAS TOLD I SHOULD TUNE THE PIPE THIS ENGINE HAS,THE MOTOR,EXHAUST MANIFOLD?THIS IS THE PIECE ATTACHED TO THE MOTOR THAT HAS THE ORING ON IT.THEN IT HAS ABOUT A 4 INCH PIECE OF TUBING, ONE SIDE IS NOTCHED OUT A LITTLE FOR THE ORING TO FIT INTO FROM THE MOTOR,THEN IT HAS THE PIPE. A BOUGHT A RUBBER SLEEVE,IT HEATED UP AND DID NOT WORK, ICANT SEEM TO HOLD THE PIPE TOGETHER.WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD??? THE 4 INCH TUBE IN THE MIDDLE SHOULD IT BE PUSHED ALL THE WAY ONTO THE MAIN PIPE OR ONLY PART WAY AND IF SO HOW DO YOU GET IT TO STAY THERE???? THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR IMPUT I WANT TO GET THIS THING IN THE AIR AGAIN SOON. THANKS TODD
Old 11-24-2002, 06:31 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default K&b 7.5 Fuel?

Plaincrazy,

Send your email address to me at "[email protected]" and I will forward a copy of the article I wrote for RCJI a year (or so) ago, that described in detail how to set up a tuned pipe on a .45 sized DF engine.

Regards,
Peter
Old 11-24-2002, 09:41 PM

Default K&b 7.5 Fuel?

I'm sending you a picture of my mirage drive system ( engine, header, pipe ) not a lot of detail but, I thought it my help. If you need a new o ring for your header and I would change it call Larry at JHH at the same time ask him a question or two, there is no such thing as gas it and go fly it, I'm going through my Mirage, all of it to make sure it is up to my standards.

keep them flying.

Got any more questions?, write any time.

Carlos
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2002, 05:35 AM

Default K&b 7.5

Originally posted by MiragePilot
Plaincrazy,

Send your email address to me at "[email protected]" and I will forward a copy of the article I wrote for RCJI a year (or so) ago, that described in detail how to set up a tuned pipe on a .45 sized DF engine.

Regards,

Peter
HI THIS IS TODD MY E-MAIL IS ENILATORS @aol.com thanks