Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Futaba radio/ JR Matchbox compatability ? >

Futaba radio/ JR Matchbox compatability ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba radio/ JR Matchbox compatability ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba radio/ JR Matchbox compatability ?

Has anyone used a match box system with JR servos and a futaba receiver. If so which brand of matchbox did you use, I am trying to synchronize dual wing servos
Any help appreciated

Mark
Old 11-20-2002, 08:06 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Matchbox

I use one with Futaba rx and JR servos, it is fine.

I only caution that with this setup, make sure your input voltage to the RX is less than 5.7 volts, preferably 5.2. THe reason is that Futaba has a regulated ouput on the signal line (3 volts I think?) but not on the power buss to the servo. So if the supply voltage is too high, the servo will not recognize the small 3 volt signal as valid, with dire consequnces.

BTW this issue has nothing to do specifically with the Matchbox but just with Futaba RX and JR servos.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Mark
I am currently using a Matchbox on my F15, Futaba rx three 9411 servos two on rudder one on nose gear. Because they are all driven from one channel setting them up without a Matchbox would have been difficult. No problems though
M
Old 11-20-2002, 11:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you just use Futaba's new MSA-10 10SX Synchronizer. It's the same as the JR Matchbox but it WILL work on Futaba gear without the worry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synchronized servo power for large-scale planes.

Couples up to 4 servos, and electronically balances them to start and stop simultaneously for strong, smooth operation of even the largest control surfaces.

Allows for adjustment of end point and servo travel for each servo.

Also features reversing, so servos can be mounted in the most efficient configuration possible.

Dimensions: .8 x 1.5 x .6 in (21.4 x 38.6 x 15.1mm)

Stock Number: FUTM4155
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	36739_10028.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	23157  
Old 11-21-2002, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your input, I knew about the Futaba matchbox, it would have been the obvious choice but Iam using JR servos and wanted to know of actual practical applications.
I thought it would be possible but was not sure how the matchbox would interact with a Futaba receiver electronically.
I have also learnt something important about the voltage when using Futaba and JR. I was about to use 6 volts because of the long runs, I now know that voltage regulation is vital.

Thank you once again

Mark