Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
help!a beginner needs your help! >

help!a beginner needs your help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

help!a beginner needs your help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!a beginner needs your help!

dear jet guys:
i am a 18-year-old aeromodeller living in shanghai china,i have collected every issue of RCJI since 1999 because i warmly deaire to fly ducted fan models,but in china,it seems nobody fly it,so i couldn't gain enough flying and building experience from others in shanghai.
now what i mean is i want to get some books that can teach me some building and flying technical knowledges,but i don't know how to buy and where to buy these books,also,who can recommend some.
please tell me its ISBN number and the name of the publisher,also,if anyone has the second-hand book,and prepare to sell,please contact me!
thank you!!
p.s i am so tired to speak english as my language skill so poor
. ^-------------^.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:05 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Your English sounds fine to me! Much better than my Mandarin or Cantonese! Sorry I can't help with specific books, but you are on the right track with RCJI. I am also a relatively newbie to Jets and have found a wealth of information right here on this site. I know it isn't the same as being able to curl up with a good book and read it at your leisure, but there really is a lot of stuff here.

I randomly search for specific terms I an interested in learning about and then read through those threads. Some of them turn out to be garbage, but then some of the threads have a real wealth of information in them.

Maybe somebody else can help out with book suggestions, but I say keep reading RCJI and also use this site as a resource.

Good luck with getting into jets.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:20 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mikes Jet Book, available through Traplet (look for ads in the RCJI) is a very good overview of model jets. Well worth the price, and allthough it covers mainly ducted fan there are overlapping areas with turbine info and also some strictly turbine info at the back.

Also, Thomas Kamps book, "Radio Control Model Jet Guide" in also available through Traplet and is an excellent book regarding turbine powered RC aircraft.

AJC
Old 11-23-2002, 02:24 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Default chinese website

Hi shanghai,
Tyr this website from Taiwan, it's in chinese.
http://home.pchome.com.tw/sport/rcjets/
Old 11-23-2002, 10:18 AM

Default thanks

thank you,above three guys,and i wonder mp7.5,you,are you in taiwan or overseas chineses???