Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
BAX Global Shipping Nightmare >

BAX Global Shipping Nightmare

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BAX Global Shipping Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 03:31 AM
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BAX Global Shipping Nightmare

My Phillip Avonds F-16 is being held hostage by BAX Global Shipping! Actually it is "in transit" and has been for three days from Denver to Dallas. Gee I made that trip in a lot less than three days.

My nightmare began when I was called by them stating my package was in, and that I needed to get it cleared thru US Customs in order to pick it up.

That very day I took care of all the Customs paperwork (not as bad as I had feared), and returned to BAX. They told me great, back your truck up. I did and they searched the warehouse only to come up empty handed. They said, "it must still be at the airport, come back this evening and get it". I returned only to find it not on the truck either. They "researched" it and found that it had been mistakenly shipped to Denver. Denver, Dallas, both start with a "D"?

They said it would be on a truck and delivered to me the next day at noon. The next day comes and goes with the excuse that it never made it onto the truck because the driver got there too late and they were closed. I guess Denver shuts down early?

They said it would be delivered the next day at noon. (yeah right, I've heard that one before) The next day comes and goes with the excuse that the package didn't make it onto the truck because it was too big. (I didn't think the F-16 I bought was full size)

My latest excuse is that it might be at the warehouse by Sunday if I want to go and pick it up. Who wants to take bets on that one. I am not sure how he even said that without busting out laughing.

Has anyone else had any "run-around" by BAX Global? By the way, that stands for Burlington Air Express. Or am I just an unlucky customer who hit them on a "not normal" day.

Frustrated in Dallas!
Old 11-23-2002, 03:42 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not me

I've used them a few times. Some rather large items, UPS's and planes. Never had that happen. but every company has its moments. I also got good rates from them. who knows what happen? With my experiences, I would gladly use them again.

But from what you said, someone screwed the pooch!

Richard Newman
Old 11-23-2002, 03:52 AM

Well Richard, glad to hear this is not common practice for these guys, but man am I frustrated. I guess it could be blamed on the Holiday season. The only reason I am even bothered by this is because I am on vacation this week and planned on having it framed up, or at least started by now. I get so few days off a year, I am just ticked I couldn't use them for construction. Oh well, the best laid plans of mice and men.

P.S.- Good to hear from someone in "god's country", I should be living back in the swampland by next summer. Man do I miss the hunting and the food.

Mike
Old 11-23-2002, 04:06 AM
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

All will be forgotten when your kit arrives. I'm getting started putting one together for a customer/friend and it looks nice!!! I hear that it flies better than the F-15. (We have two of those in our group) Have you picked out a paint scheme yet? My buddy wants to do his in the Edwards AFB chase plane scheme for high visibility. His will be P-120 powered....Can you say unlimited vertical?!? Sure you can!!!

Kevin
Old 11-23-2002, 05:18 AM

Kevin, you are right, as soon as I get it in hand I will forget what I was B**ching about in the first place. I think I will do one of the tiger schemes, not the fancy colorful ones just a plain low-vis one. Simple is good. Let me know how the one you are doin goes together.

Mike
Old 11-23-2002, 07:47 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thunderbirds Mike, think Thunderbirds!
Old 11-23-2002, 08:31 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Mike,
It probably "fell off the truck" and is in Tony Saprano's basement!
I'm worried about getting my F016 through German customs. They will want to know if I'm using it against Iraq..
Old 11-23-2002, 01:14 PM

Mike,
I had a similar nightmare with BAX...Maybe it's just the DFW office.

My Avonds F-15 arrived, according to the tracking number, on a Friday. I looked for it all week. By the next Monday, I decided to call the DFW office and see if I could come to the airport and pick it up. They said "Sure", and gave me directions to their terminal. I got there and paid my $85.00 fee in cash and was told that it was "still at Continental's warehouse" They gave me a map to Contental and I went there. Contenental said it had been picked up by BAX several days earlier and produced a signed reciept. I got a copy and went back to BAX.

They checked the computer and said they would have it in a few minutes.

2 hours later they finally found it and I happily went home.

Since then I have received 5 or 6 demands for payment of the fees that I paid at the time of delivery. I have thought I had it cleared up 2 or 3 times, only to get another "final notice" from them.

I notified Nicolas of my difficulty, but I guess he has to use whoever is available.
Johnny
Old 11-23-2002, 02:16 PM

Default Food

Yeah, the food is pretty good (fried stuffed crab, where ya gonna find that except New Orleans). What part of the big easy are you going to be moving to?

Richard Newman

I'd tell ya to ask woketman about the food, but he likes taco bell, so his word means...........

Originally posted by Secret Agent

P.S.- Good to hear from someone in "god's country", I should be living back in the swampland by next summer. Man do I miss the hunting and the food.

Mike [/B]
Old 11-23-2002, 06:18 PM

Woketman, Thunderbirds? If I could paint that well do you think I would be spending my life as a bullet sponge. I better stick to the simple schemes for now. When you get yours going, I'll repaint her and we can fly as a team. Ask I-Nav how well I fly in formation (I swear those aren't tire marks on his fuse).

Johnny, sounds like this is the D/FW Bermuda triangle when it comes to jet kits.

Richard, I will probably look for a house in the Mandeville/Covington area. But, once I get there and get a feel for the place, I'll decide then. I want enough land to put an asphalt runway down to fly my jets. And no neighbors, I hate neighbors. Look forward to flying with you guys hopefully by next summer. We will see. (By the way, I just killed some wood ducks today for a nice duck gumbo!!)
Old 11-23-2002, 07:14 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Mike,
I'd hate to be you neighbor; especially if I was a wood duck.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:36 PM
My Feedback: (28)

Received 128 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Found it

Hey Secret Agent - they delivered it to my house by mistake. Now what was that old saying.......Finders keepers.. Get someone to buy my Rafale so I can not sweat paying for mine.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:27 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Agent, I love it - Bullet Sponge, HA! Richard just moved from Slidell to a bit past Mandeville, so he'll be close. You can go over and help the never ending sanding of the "BVM quality" GlassCat! What are you going to be doing for a job here? Can we fly on your runway?
Old 11-23-2002, 10:23 PM

It took Bax Global a week to get my P.A. F-16 through customs in Miami. Still it would arrive in time for my extended 4th of July weekend. Then they shipped it to Atlanta, GA instead of Tampa,FL!!! They really ruined my mood that weekend.

No more Bax Global for me.

Patrick Saenen
Old 11-24-2002, 12:20 AM

Default Deep pockets

Mike,

unless your pockets are lined in gold, that amount of land is not
possible here. one acre lots in this area, go from 40 to 100K.
thats starting four miles off the lake. further north, there are some farm type land in the 10k area. covington mandeville is getting like metairie.

Yeah, I got bad luck with neighbors too. Woketmans has some good one's, they let him run turbines all night long!

RN

Richard, I will probably look for a house in the Mandeville/Covington area. But, once I get there and get a feel for the place, I'll decide then. I want enough land to put an asphalt runway down to fly my jets. And no neighbors, I hate neighbors. Look forward to flying with you guys hopefully by next summer. We will see. (By the way, I just killed some wood ducks today for a nice duck gumbo!!) [/B]
Old 11-24-2002, 12:25 AM

your dieing for me to bite on that, aren't ya?

RN

Originally posted by woketman
You can go over and help the never ending sanding of the "BVM quality" GlassCat! What are you going to be doing for a job here? Can we fly on your runway? [/B]
Old 11-24-2002, 02:09 AM

Yeah, I don't mind living way out in the middle of nowhere, did I mention I hate neighbors. I found a 2100 sq. ft. house, new construction, on 10 acre's with a pond for $160K doing an online search. I think the market is kinda weak right now. But I live 30 miles from work right now (that equates to over an hour each way in Dallas traffic) so I don't mind long commutes.

Of course you guys can come fly on my runway, just don't laugh at the tennis court stripes on it. (thats the only way I can convince the wife to let me put down 600ft of asphault, she loves tennis)

Patrick, thanks for sharing your personal nightmare with BAX, glad to hear I am not alone.

Check out the proposed color scheme.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	37183_5066.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	23314  
Old 11-24-2002, 02:25 AM

Mikey, just because I am always heavily armed and kill things on occasion, doesn't make me a bad neighbor. (unless I get mad and throw a tear gas grenade in your yard) Here is a pic of a couple of knuckleheads after an amusing, if not very productive hunt. (it is hard to see the birds when you are laughing your tail off) For those who don't know me, I am the "little guy" on the right with the woodduck. (no I don't love the little woodduck even though I am cradeling him, he was stiff as a board and it looked silly holding him like a stick)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	37187_5066.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	23315  
Old 11-24-2002, 04:39 AM

Send me a link, and I can tell you where it is. email [email protected] most places here are hard to tell what they are like unless you know the area. I think it will be a real challenge to find such a place.

My last house, the guy next door, had three beagle's. Every time the guy let them out, they barked till he let them in, sometimes he did so when he went out all night. The rear of my house was glass, not good. Now, I have a guy with 8 cats, that walk all over my trucks at night.....here kitty kitty. Yeah, nabors SUCK!

Richard Newman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Secret Agent
[B]Yeah, I don't mind living way out in the middle of nowhere, did I mention I hate neighbors. I found a 2100 sq. ft. house, new construction, on 10 acre's with a pond for $160K doing an online search. I think the market is kinda weak right now.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:57 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default new f16 literature

Hi Secret Agent,

Just an FYI: There's a new, oversized paperback book out called "The Air Forces Monthly Book of the F16 Fighting Falcon" by Tim Senior. It contains a few Falcon paint schemes that you may not have been aware of. You can pick up a copy via Motorbooks INTL. Their U.S. branch is in Wisconsin. It's worth a look.

Steve
Old 11-25-2002, 01:24 AM

It's FINALLY here!!!! On a hunch, I went to the loading dock and asked for it, they looked around a while and found it. They never bothered to call when it got there like they said they would. Great service, huh. Anyway, wow was it worth it. This is one nice kit, came with absolutely everything (but then again, I ordered everything). The fuselage is gorgeous and the parts are all top notch. Doesn't look at all complicated, should have it together in less than a year, HA HA. If, job permitting, I can work on it for a couple months without any huge interruptions, I should have it ready for a test.

Tom, gotta get one bro, sell that beautiful Rafale and get one.

Steve, thanks for the info., will do.

Richard, I will let you know when I do my house hunting trip, maybe you could give me "detour". For all ya'll non-Louisiana types, thats translated "the tour". HEE HEE.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:39 AM

No problem we can hook you up!

RN

Richard, I will let you know when I do my house hunting trip, maybe you could give me "detour". For all ya'll non-Louisiana types, thats translated "the tour". HEE HEE. [/B]
Old 11-25-2002, 04:09 AM

Mike,

Glad to hear you got the jet today. You missed a great day of flying, however.

Let's hope the shipping of my F16 does not suffer the same fate as your's. Mine is supposed to leave Avonds on Dec. 8th. Still can;t figure out how you got your's before I did even though I ordered mine a month before you.

Oh well. No time to build it right now. The Mig is about to get a new coat of grey primer.

Mike Jensen
Old 11-25-2002, 01:32 PM

Mike, did you fly your F-4, how about Scott, did he fly his F-16? See ya, Mike
Old 11-25-2002, 02:01 PM
My Feedback: (28)

Received 128 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Got his before you

Mike J.

He is a "Secret Agent". That's how he got his before yours!!! Get someone to buy my Rafale.

TP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.