Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

?? moderators removing Futaba threads ???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

?? moderators removing Futaba threads ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:43 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default ?? moderators removing Futaba threads ???

what happened to the thread about the guy having Futaba support problems, this was still up last night ?? seems others had chimed in also about more problems with the 14MZ .....also my other thread about the 14 ch receivers around 2 weeks ago was CLOSED, and all I did was quote Futaba for admitting that the 14mz was their worse receiver, being the most susceptible to interference ... I was threatened by the moderator to be put on "moderated" status for that thread !!!! now another persons thread disappears ???

after my thread was CLOSED a few days ago, I had several PMs and emails from other people who had 14MZ issues, that would have liked to chime in, but were not able to because the thread was closed by the moderator to protect Futaba.

I’m sorry, but if a product is not up to par, then it should be openly discussed here, especially where signal quality comes into play ! this is the safety of US and our aircraft we are talking about here .. As jet pilots, we have a unique need for such radios with more precision and features, and any issues should be discussed here , in the context of using these in jets .. of most aspects of the hobby, we go out the furthest and the highest over other types of aircraft, therefore are more suceptible to signal loss, etc ..

I thought RCU was unbiased in its moderating policies ?? I will tell you I am not, ( even though the moderator acused me of forming a “conspiracy†against Futaba ) … in fact had a 5.6 sec failsafe lockup on a 10ch JR receiver within the past week that cost me an aircraft,( and I was fortunate to have had my engine set to shut at the 2 sec .. ) whatever interference caused that lockout caused my RF link to be ineffective for that 5.6 sec .. a week before , a friend o mine had a 2.1 sec lockout ( also engine shut down ) in the same spot with a different TX and RX … what im getting at is that we do take hits, and we all want the most secure RF link we can get .. the better the link the better the chance of not getting a hit , or as long of one … and if Futaba is saying that their new 14 ch RX is THE MOST susceptible to interference of all of their receivers , then that IS a cause for CONCERN and OPEN DISCUSSION ! …

Wojtek
Old 01-23-2006, 11:02 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ?? moderators removing Futaba threads ???

The moderation here has gone ****ing stupid over the past couple of weeks. Just when **** was getting better, they **** it all up again.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:33 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wojtek,
I do think you are right that we should be discussing these problems if there is a problem and we should involve the Futaba guys on the forum in the discussion. What I do not agree with is your way of trying to bring this to light. I read your first post in the other thread and the first thing that came to my mind was "This guy is just out to bash futaba." Which may or may not be the case. Not that you were trying say hey is there a problem we need to discuss and actually the problem you were trying to bring to light has been discussed in length here and in the Radio Forum section.
The guy that was on here earlier complaining and griping about his 14Z had some legitimate problems, but nothing that could'nt have been solved with a quick glance through his manual or a quick search of RCU. Once again all these things have been discussed in length here before. Then he openly says that he is directing all his customers to JR radios. Come on was that really necessary?
I think this is just another JR vs Futaba vs Multiplex vs chevy vs ford discussion and in my belief it should have been locked and deleted.

As far as the moderators go, they are doing their jobs to protect RCU advertising dollars. I hate to tell you gentleman but the land of the free is not so free anymore. What they have done in this thread is no different than when the incident with BV's Jetcat 160 catching on fire in his kingcat during a flight was trying to be discussed but the thread disappeared very quickly. I did not hear the jetcat guys complaining about that one disappearing.

Instead of just coming on here making an off the cuff comment like you did after reading futaba's press release why didn't you come on here and ask about the experiences that people in the real world have had with them. I flew both of my 14Z receivers in my Raptor 60 prior to putting it in my jet and if you know anything about helis they are quite RF noisy. Both of mine did fine so maybe if you read the rest of what they were saying and that they were experiencing most of their lockout problems in giant scale planes with electronic ignitions.

If you follow the rules of a good install, i.e. Receiver away from the ECU and Fuel pump and the antenna routed away from servo and ECU wires then I don't think you will have a problem with this or any other RX but even with a messy install with JR or Futaba you will cause yourself problems.

Just my .000002 worth.

Patrick
Old 01-23-2006, 11:52 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hehe...they should know better not to try hush it down by removing it........it only makes poeple even more aware of "the problems"
Old 01-23-2006, 11:55 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

my way:

nothink goes on my jet unless its fully tested by me,others and....time!! try it!!! it works!

ALSO...if i say the jr that i payed from my work salory sucks ,,,thats the trouth
...........if i say the futaba sucks thats trouth also...who ever likes can believe me

and futaba or jr after earn some 2000 $ from me
at least they can spent some time here to prove im wrong!

and END OF STORY!

not the moderator ...fade away my post[:'(]

AS FOR THE "thread disappears" IF ITS THROUTH

I DEMANT MODERATORS EXPLANE WHAT HAPENT

COSE I START FEEL IMPAREST ABOUT BEEN AN RCUNIVERSE MEMBER

".......We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil......."

Old 01-23-2006, 11:59 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Ok,
Although I was not the one who removed the thread, it was removed because it was posted in 4 forums, just straight copy and paste of the same post. I did however bring it up to the moderators as I agree it should be discussed, if there are problems they need to be sorted out and I would like to see it discussed properly.
There is no bias to Futaba, and RCU does not benefit from taking those posts down so despite what one might think, the moderating that was done was done due strictly to a rule violation.
I will let you know as soon as the rest of the mod's decide on whether or not to put it back up but again I assure you the reason it was removed was due to multiple posts!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:11 PM
wojtek

I think we should discuss RF link issues as a whole, (including Futaba with their 14CH rx issues ) ... as i stated in the first post on this thread, i lost a plane on a JR radio with a 5.6 sec lockout ... Someone else had lost thir link for 2.1 on the same field and same spot a week earlier .. both these were jets, and RF link issues could have caused injury and harm .. fortunately this was not the case ... would having used a RX which is more susceptible to interference manifested problems earlier and to a greater degree ?? all up for discussion .... After my loss ( over $6K in the garbage pail ) i am investing in an Icom scanner ....

Jeremy, i was not aware that this thread was posted in multiple forums .... however i have had several people tell me that several different Futaba posts have been being zapped all over RCU ... most of us NEVER check the radio discussion forums, so maybe multiple posts would be appropriate, as we tend to all gravitate and stick to the sections that interest us, be it jets, giant scale, helis, whatever .... as I said before, my thread was locked too ... what impression does this give to everyone about RCU and their "nonbiased" policies ????

Wojtek
Old 01-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

Ok,
Although I was not the one who removed the thread, it was removed because it was posted in 4 forums, just straight copy and paste of the same post. I did however bring it up to the moderators as I agree it should be discussed, if there are problems they need to be sorted out and I would like to see it discussed properly.
Yup .. per the rules at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_377662/tm.htm, "Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly in one or multiple forums, is prohibited." means the post can only go in one forum.

Some topics do certainly cross forum boundaries though, so perhaps a suitable resolution would be to find out which one of the 4 still remains, and start a new thread that begins with a link to that remaining discussion ?

Gordon
Old 01-23-2006, 12:12 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So lets see if I have got it right... theres a problem with the Futaba 14 MZ that could make my jet crash and the mods remove the thread...! well done mods thats a well inteligent thing to do.You lot made this a public forum yet you decide what we should read and write about.

jason
Old 01-23-2006, 12:14 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

...was removed was due to multiple posts....

Wojtek sorry man but i think LGM is very right if you did that[&o]...

Old 01-23-2006, 12:16 PM
LGM Graphix

Jason, re-read why it was removed please. I'll even quote it again in this post

Ok,
There is no bias to Futaba, and RCU does not benefit from taking those posts down so despite what one might think, the moderating that was done was done due strictly to a rule violation.
I will let you know as soon as the rest of the mod's decide on whether or not to put it back up but again I assure you the reason it was removed was due to multiple posts!
Enough said, once a decision is made regarding this post I will let you know!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed the post due to it being posted in six (6) forums. The RCU community policy is clear about this practice:

SPAMMING:
Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly in one or multiple forums, is prohibited.

I get no compensation for RCU, from Futaba, or from any other advertiser. I am obligated to nobody. I simply do my job as a volunteer moderator to see that the rules are followed. In this case, the rules were broken and five (5) of the six (6) threads were removed. One was allowed to remain.

It is easy to jump to conclusions and make accusations against the moderators when the facts are not known. It is just as easy to ask why a thread was removed and get the facts from the moderator.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:23 PM
wojtek

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_38...tm.htm#3811879

this is the only thread that has not yet been removed by the poster of the thread that was not removed here on the jet forum last night, and it IS NOT a copy / cut / paste of the one that was removed here on the jet forum !!! .... the thread that was on the radio forum about this which had a lengthy discussion going with others chiming in on the issues has also been REMOVED ... even some moderators here think this is unfair, and have indicated that there is a large number of "futaba issues" threads that have been removed / closed without much reason ...

bottom line A LOT OF PLANES ARE GOING DOWN WIH 14 MZ 14ch receivers !! i now have heard form over 5 people FIRST hand of 5 right there .. and dozens more second hand ... this needs to be discussed !! OPENLY !!!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:26 PM
wojtek

Then he openly says that he is directing all his customers to JR radios.
though i think this is not 100% appropriate, give this fact some thought ..... the markup over dealer cost on the 14mz is higher than ANY JR radio ... as a dealer, this is against any financial gain interest a dealer may have ..
Old 01-23-2006, 12:44 PM
wojtek

ORIGINAL: DelGatoGrande

...was removed was due to multiple posts....

Wojtek sorry man but i think LGM is very right if you did that[&o]...

DelGatoGrande,

it was not my post that was removed, nor i who posted it ... also, LGM is not the dude who did any removing ..

regards,

Wojtek
Old 01-23-2006, 12:50 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Should not be to hard to see how many AMA crashes had this model in it. And what the dollar value of the crashes is.
NO WAY the AMA would sell out the members who support it.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:02 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The SOLE purpose of ANY forum is to make money for the owners of the forum.

That means that the $$$ paying customers ( advertisers ) should not lose sales or money either.

Talk nice about their products and service or your post will be deleted.

Would you pay this forum to let bad things about your product be posted and discussed ?

Leave the defective products out of your threads and posts.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wojtek. The essence of the matter is:-
Did you start multiple identical threads in various forums?
If you did, you can have no complaint about there removal.
It is well known that this is not allowed & the mods are only applying the rules.
It would help your case if rather than making a vague statement that other Futaba threads have been removed, you listed what threads they were.

Regards
Old 01-23-2006, 01:16 PM
LGM Graphix

Ok, this is ridiculous, the posts were not deleted because of any advertising or otherwise. Read all the posts to figure it out. You can speculate all you want, but it's been explained why the posts were removed.
This one is closed, there is a thread in the radio forum regarding this issue, and if decided by admin, it will be reinstated here as well.