Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

9202 servos in a sm f15???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

9202 servos in a sm f15???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 10:14 AM
turbinepeter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9202 servos in a sm f15???

i am toying with the idea of putting futaba 9202 servos on aileron and flaps on my sm f15.

are they up to the job???

cant see the point of using digitals and then dialling in a load of expo, to calm things down.

many thanks

Peter G
Old 04-30-2006, 11:27 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: 9202 servos in a sm f15???

Peter,

The 9202's are excellent servos. I have been flying them in my .60-sized helicopters for years. Reasonable torque, speed, and good centering.

FWIW, BVM typically recommends non-digital servos on flaps because if they are slightly mis-adjusted such that they come up against the physical stop on the flap, the non-digital servos will draw much less current under stalled conditions than a digital servo. Do that with a digital servo and you're likely to either burn it up, or brown-out your RX and possibly cause a crash. The 9202's will do fine on the ailerons as well.