Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Jetlegend T45 >

Jetlegend T45

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetlegend T45

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 07:27 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jetlegend T45

Yup,
The kit is excellent. I'll start on mine here next couple weeks for instruction manual and correct C.G. location.
Post some photos of your kit put together.
Brg,
Tam
ORIGINAL: JLSE

I Have also recieved my T-45 one word: EXCELENT.

Robust and well finished, I have calculated that the dry weight with all servos and lipos will be 7kg.

I will change tank for a 1.5 litre one.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:03 AM

Yeah,

It seems they are so overwhelmed with the T45 production that they have put aside all other orders. I have been waiting for an F15 (new version) for over three weeks....which is highly unlikely of them. My previous order for three Gripens took only three days to deliver from China to Cyprus!!!!

Chris
ORIGINAL: tamjets

Yup,
The kit is excellent. I'll start on mine here next couple weeks for instruction manual and correct C.G. location.
Brg,
Tam

Robust and well finished, I have calculated that the dry weight with all servos and lipos will be 7kg.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:44 PM

Only three weeks.
My order over a year and I'm talking about not one kit.[:@]
Couple weeks ago is there vacation.
The whole factory take one week off. That why their little behide.
Their will get to your order.

ORIGINAL: cairoman

Yeah,

It seems they are so overwhelmed with the T45 production that they have put aside all other orders. I have been waiting for an F15 (new version) for over three weeks....which is highly unlikely of them. My previous order for three Gripens took only three days to deliver from China to Cyprus!!!!

Chris
ORIGINAL: tamjets

Yup,
Brg,
Tam

Old 05-31-2006, 11:33 AM

I have replaced original tank (superb tank 2,5 litre) with a smaller one (dubro 1.5 litre) since I want to keep weight down.

By the way I haven´t recieved any instructions, could anyone tell me the rudder, tail, aileron and flap deflections?
Is the CG correct by plans?

Regards.
Jose

Old 05-31-2006, 11:36 AM
My Feedback: (12)

I noticed on the Jet Legend website that they have the wingspan and length figures backwards.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:04 AM

Hi Tam,

what deflections should we use?

Old 07-13-2006, 09:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JLSE,

You won't get any information or help for your T45 from Tamjets, unless you buy it from him.
I have tried.
I suppose that's business.

The business side of aeromodelling are happy to promote their products by using the discussion forums, but not so forthcoming in giving any advice on the same forums.
They can't have it both ways.

Regards

Jim
Old 07-13-2006, 09:55 AM

That´s a shame, because the model has the same origin, China, and another thing is that there is no sense
buying it from US, the shipping is too expensive.

And I can´t understand why this way of thinking because sooner or later, all modelers share all there info, it´s
like a big family, no secrets or bad advices, that´s what make´s this hobby lovely.

If they are airmodelers, they will remember the good advices they recieved from other people.

If they are not, well I understand the secretism.

Buy the way I am going to launch my T-45 this Sunday (hope the CG is correct on plans), with advices or not, I will believe in my
own experiences, and of course I will share it with all my modelers friends.

All the best to all.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:00 AM
My Feedback: (102)

To my knowledge, TamJets is still waiting on shipments here, since I am on the waiting list. He has said only the preliminary testing has been done. I would suggest you contact the company you bought it from and ask them to provide the movements and CG. All of us here who are waiting for the plane would love to hear and see your experiences with it. Good luck.
Tommy
Old 07-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys really don't want to go there. Just leave it alone!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:17 AM

ET, It has to be said. Tamjet & his pals are masters at manipulating the jet forum to their advantage, without giving anything in return.

In my opinion , forums are for the use of aeromodellers to exchange useful & helpful information to benefit each other.

NOT TO BE INFILTRATED & USED TO PROMOTE PRODUCTS FOR FINANCIAL GAIN.

JLSE, Good luck with the maiden. Remember to dial in some up elevator with the flaps & try the flaps at a safe height.

Regards

Jim
Old 07-13-2006, 10:37 AM

Hi to all,

the company where I purchased has no idea of movements or special specs, in fact they said that some guys is US are testing
the model, that´s why I asked for some friendly advice.

Thanks Jim, I will use the max deflections I can and afte take of swith to short. I actually got references from the the
skymaster model although its bigger. On the skymaster model, the flap overides the elevator if too much, so we have to be careful with that and test it from high altitud.

What scares me a little is the CG, so I will keep it on the nose heavy side.

I will keep you all informed.

Again just to mention that forums are for friends.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:44 AM
My Feedback: (18)

you are only upset due to the fact you wanted to buy an inexpensive kit that is not yet thoroughly r+d and that is what tam is doing .shame on you for buying a model with no specs! DOES'NT SEEM VERY SMART DOES IT ? what will it cost you when the plane goes in?, due to your educated guess'. tams couple hundred $ seems like a deal in comparison[sm=punching.gif]
Old 07-13-2006, 10:47 AM
My Feedback: (28)

Full flying stabs are always 1 to 1.5 inch in throw.
Thats where I would start.
Ailerons maybe 1/2 inch to start maybe a bit more for high rates.
3/4 for rudder

should get you in the ball park.

cg maybe start with 20-25% of the cord, I would think it would come out nose heavy.

Thats just what I would do if I had no info.

Good luck!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:06 AM

Here is something I use when I am in doudt about the CG of an unknown or untested airplane.
Use the chord of the base of the wing (A) and the chord of the tip of the wing (B). Add the length of the chord of A to the front and rear of B, and add the length of the chord B to both the front and rear of A. Draw a line from the tip of these line extensions from A and B. They should intersect over the wing and this point of intersection is located on the Mean Aerodynamic Chord (MAC). This point is located on a line which is parallel to the airframe center. If you find this MAC and then come approximately 30% from the LE of the wing along this line it should give you a good starting point for adjusting you CG. This has worked for me in the past and it a tool some designers use to determine their starting point. I have made a rudientary drawing to help explain. Hopefully this will help you out.
Tommy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48124.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	490918  
Old 07-13-2006, 11:12 AM

Thank´s doc and shok for the advice, I will check all that.

I am no indeed upset with the model that is super and nice layout plans with CG located (just wanted some coments) and by the way
I bought the model the same place tam buys it, so mate, no more comments smarty guy.

By the way a pic of changes made to the fuel tank, I put in a 1.5litre dubro tank. the original is perfect but I think it´s too much wheight
for a 14LB thrust turbine.

All the best.
Jose.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17663.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	490919  
Old 07-13-2006, 11:15 AM

You are welcome, please let us know how she flies and provide us some pics as well. I hope this bird lives up to its expectations. I am a fan of the T-45, even if it is a Hawk. A thorough flight report is expected from you, so do not dissapoint us.
What engine will you be using? Did you apply the gear doors? Did you make the speed brake functional? How well did it go together?
Sorry for so many questions, but am really looking forward to flying this plane as well.
Tommy
Old 07-13-2006, 11:20 AM

Hi Doc,

For the testing I haven´t put door or brakes, only flaps for the moment.
I am going to use a jetcentral super bee 14Lb thrust.

Jose.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:26 AM
My Feedback: (28)

the gap between the motor and pipe seems a bit much, maybe its just the angle of the picture
Old 07-13-2006, 11:35 AM

The gap is between 2,5 and 3 cm. This works fine, the turbine doesn´t lose thrust. All the guys here in Spain
use this gaps, we have tested that less gaps rest thrust.

Jose.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:47 AM

I had quite few guys been bugging me for support on JL T-45.

1. You should ask for the support where you spend the money at.
2. I can't give any kind of information until we are 100% sure. We did test the plane and we did put it in. How can we give the support if we are not sure.
3. We are working on the instruction manual right now. After we finish put the 2 T-45 together. We had to do more testing to fine tune the plane for finish the instruction manual. This will cost us over $5k when is done.
We don't get any kind of compensate from any JL dealers or JL himself.
So I ask yourself a question. Do Tamjets need to support every single JL dealers selling T-45.

Since the only money we can recover for the instruction manual is sold enough T-45 to our customers.
Every customers bought the kit from us. We issue with instruction manual and correct hardwares to use with the kit.

If the rest of you bought from somewhere else and want our support.
Well there is a solution to that.

When we finish the testing and writing the instruction manual.
We will offer this instruction manual and hardwares to purchase.
The instruction manual will cover from A to Z to have this plane put together the right way and with the correct hardwares to use.

Hope this well clear any comfusing about supporting the products.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:59 AM

I was just asking for any advise from anyone, I understood that you have tested the model, so who better than you for advice.

Anyway great work you are doing, the manual should be great.

Just one little question, Is the CG correct on the sheet plan that comes with the model?

Tomorow I will post more pics.

Jose.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:37 PM

Just one little question, Is the CG correct on the sheet plan that comes with the model?

I'm not sure. The proto type we test don't come with the plan. So I can't tell that is correct or not.
If would you. Move the C.G farward. Nose heavy can be easy fly. But tail heavy will crash.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:04 PM

Hi Jose

Most of my experience is with the SM Hawk and the AMD Hawk.

Good luck with your T-45! I can measure my Hawk and tell you the relative % of the root to the CG tonight. Hopefully that can get you close. Even though my Hawk is a SM hawk and bigger the % should be close. Our CG was just in front of the main gear.

I have flown 2 types of Hawks now 3 SM and the 2 AMD. Both were very similar in flight characteristics in the way they handled slow flight.

1. Be smooth on the elevator until you get the feel for your T-45. Hawks and T-45's make great aerobatic airplanes, just make sure that it maneuvers when you want it and not close to the ground. Its kind of like a fast Extra 300, only much faster; It can be nice and smooth but if you get it too slow and or abuse the elevator poof snap roll.

2. Approach with Hawk. Sort of like the Yellow A-4 only not as critical. On approach you must always be in a descending unloaded turn. If you are trying to bleed off speed do it when you are level not in a level turn. If you have to make a tight turn throttle up. Straight and level both hawks will fly slowly but be careful to be smooth with the elevator during slow flight.

3. Go around, you must not turn until you have a decent amount of speed. Other aircraft might tolerate a turn at low speed and high throttle, most Hawks will not. Later after you get used to how it fly’s adjust your flying.

4. If it has fences, install them. If it has ventral fins use them, even they look small they work. You can also reflex the ailerons trailing edge up 1/8" to create more wash out for the first few flights. This should help delay any snap roll at low speed. Kind of like permanent crow.

I hope I don't spook you as most hawks are great flying airplanes you just need to be aware that they are nice to a point, then it all goes down hill very fast. You just need to fly it so you don't get into the nasty corners of the flight envelope.

Good Luck!
Old 07-13-2006, 03:18 PM

Hey Tam, You use the forums to promote your products.

WHY NOT GIVE SOMETHING BACK WHEN THE LITTLE GUYS ASK FOR HELP.

Regards

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.