Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Shipping a Jet from the US to europe

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Shipping a Jet from the US to europe

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Miniflyer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Shipping a Jet from the US to europe

Hi guys
I'm currently thinking about having a yellow twin F-18 in kit condition shipped to germany. Has anybody done something like that, and if yes, using what company at what price? Destination would be germany.

Thanks a lot
Hank
Old 06-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Malcolm Kay
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shipping a Jet from the US to europe

Hank I shipped a 100 inch messerschmitt 109 to the uk from america in a crate made of plywood by UPS Supply Chain Systems , this is not the normal UPS but a subsiduary company that handles larger parcels they collected from my door and delivered to the clients door in the uk ..the box weighed seventy pounds and arrived in perfect condition the cost was $498 dollars plus insurance
Old 06-20-2006, 12:00 AM
swissflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received some years a go a ready to fly AV8R, crated and shipped via BAX global.
I don't remember exactly the cost, but they where around 300-400 USD

delivered to my house..
Old 06-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Miniflyer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys.

DHL offers airfreight shipping in 5 days at about 650$. I have contacted BAX concerning a quote on their rates.
Has anybody tried to ship via an airline? With the low international fares offered nowadays, and the possibility to bring along bulky luggage it would be great if sending just the "bulky luggage" would be possible too. Anybody have experience with such "transportation"?

Thanks for the swell help!

Hank
Old 06-20-2006, 02:40 AM
swissflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, when i fly for work, they charge me every kg "on overlugge" about 60 USD...so..

but i don't know how it works to send as bulky luggage alone......ask to Lufthansa cargo..they should be able to help you
Old 06-20-2006, 08:55 AM
BlackCloud
My Feedback: (12)

DHL and Lufthansa will charge you an arm and a leg. Your best bet is to contact a freight forwarder either in your town or where it is being shipped from. They get better rates since they ship very often and larger amounts of several shipments at once. They can arrange everything at a much more resonable expense and handle all the paperwork as well. Just an idea for you. You can find them in the phone listings.
The only difference is that it would need dropped off and picked up at the freight station which is usally very close to the major airports. They will also pick up and drop off but all that is additional expense which you seem to want to save.
Airline freight is also the same way with pickup and dropoff at the airport. Shipments on passenger airlines is a problem because shipments are only accepted from known shippers on the TSA list nowadays since 9/11. However that may not apply to international airlines from countries other than the U.S. That I do not know. But definately not on U.S. carriers domestically.
BC
Old 06-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Gazzer

Had a BVM T-33 boxed kit shipped from the USA to the UK via BAX Global, the carton was unmarked on delivery and all I had to do was pay by credit card, they made the paperwork on taxes and duties. Would use them again, price I can't recall the amount but do not recall it as being excessive,

Gazzer